No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..... So there were at least 2 households in the UK watching reel film this Saturday evening!

Carrying on with my Christmas / Christmassy film subjects as we approach the big day, I watched the following......

Father of The Bride - 1x 50' trailer. - Steve Martin.

Four Weddings and a Funeral - 1x 50' trailer - You know this film.....

The Sound of Music - 1x 75' - trailer. Ditto !

Rupert and The Frog Song - We All Stand Together. 1x 400' - A CHC gem of a release of the Rupert / Paul McCartney cartoon.

Scrooge - 5x 400' - Alistair Sim - Its annual outing !

As the projector was out, I decided to also screen the first reel of the 5x 400' A Night To Remember. I watched it at Blackpool and was curious to see where my version started. It includes the launch scene, all the titles, but misses out the whole sequence of Kenneth More leaving home and travelling to the port on the train. It picks up with the officers on the Bridge before the iceberg hit. No doubt other bits were either left out or shortened, but is still a great film to see on super 8.

Comment

• Just one little thing, "Sleeping Beauty" 1959 trailer, but it's a well edited 3 minutes, ten seconds, and it's in scope ... and LPP!

Comment

• A Walt Disney Christmas, 400'. Very enjoyable, with fairly decent color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WD Christmas 1  - 1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	92874

Click image for larger version

Name:	WD Christmas 8.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	92873

Comment

• Doug its one film we all watch every Christmas, what I did last year was to remove Santa's Workshop and The Night Before Christmas and edited in the full length excellent color Derann prints of those two extracts instead I have had for years. It means the film is now on a 600ft reel but is more complete, looks good.

Comment

• I love all the four shorts in A Walt Disney Christmas, so much that I found all four shorts in full length :-) Watching these Christmas cartoons is the highlight of the year for me in this hobby.

Comment

• We have that title as well! Doug, this one is fairly easy to find overseas, and with Agfa or Fuji low fade color!

Comment

• I watched 'Clash of the Titans' (1981) last night. The 3x400ft Marketing films release which had been spooled on to 2x600ft reels. The colour is still pretty good, with some red visible in the shadows of the first 400 feet but the rest of the film was better. While the effects are pre-CGI they are still a tribute to Ray Harryhausen and his stop motion animation. I actually saw some of the production of this film at Pinewood Studios back in the day. Ray's effects studio was in what most of us would call a big shed. A great cast including Laurence Olivier, Maggie Smith & Burgess Meredith.

Comment

• It was our Super 8 Christmas Show last night. We watched,

Santa’s Workshop. Disney. Derann
                  The Night Before Christmas Disney Derann
                  The Snowman. Derann
                  Alpine Climbers. Disney Derann
                  Peter & the Wolf. Disney. Derann
                  Plutos Christmas Tree. Disney Home Movies (40 years old and still with good colour)

Christmas Eve we will watch on digital,

The Night Before Christmas Tom & Jerry
                  Mickey’s Christmas Carol
                  Once upon a Wintertime (from Melody Time)
                  Holiday Inn with Bing and Fred Astaire.

A Merry Christmas to you all!

Comment

• I watched my new acquisition, a 2x400ft Bogart documentary, put out by Niles. It has a surprisingly sharp image and I luckily found a copy that, A. Was brand new, never screened, and B. The color has held up pretty well. A slight browning to it, and depending on the color scenes, some scenes are literally spot on, while the next shot will look faded. Color timing issues. Almost all the Bogie scenes are from black and white films, so the slight lack of perfect blacks give them a sepia tone. Nice

Comment

• As it was Christmas ever I watched the Tom & Jerry "The Night Before Christmas" a Film Office print, on Agfa, with French title cards but the verse "The night before Christmas was in English.
                      A nice S8 start to the holidays!

Comment

• Christmas day at the moment so though I would look at some of our home movie Super 8 films taken around 1977- 1982. All shot on Kodak at the time and the colors looks great. How time passes, sadly my parents that are in it are no longer with us, but its nice to relive those times through a film projector.

Comment

• My Christmas program was the heartbreaking „The Small One“ and of course „It’s a wonderful Life“. The days before Christmas I screened „West Side Story“, „The Sound of Music“ and (I don’t know why, because it doesn’t really fit with this season) „Predator“🤭.

Comment

• Sorry…

Comment

• What has happened? I only sent it once… Sorry!!!

Comment

• "Walking in the Air" from The Snowman and "Mickey's Christmas Carol" for me yesterday, trying out the Scheider 12-30mm f/1.3 lens I bought at Blackpool in the Eunig 926GL. It worked well, but a pity the balance stripe head has packed up working as the Chistmas Carol is marked as a Stereo print.

Comment

Working...
                                X