No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little extra I got when I bought a feature, "Sir Huckleberry Hound". What the early Hanna Barbera cartoons lacked in animation, they made up for with OK humor.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetsons - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.7 KB ID:	98092

Ruh-Roh!

Comment

• There weren't too many of the Jetsons episodes released on super 8. Interestingly, I've seen a lot of 200ft Scooby Doo's, but no 200ft Jetsons.

Comment

• Columbia 8mm early on (mid 1960s) released two 200' & two 50' Jetsons but only in silent versions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetsons2 - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.9 KB ID:	98123

When they made the move to 400' sound, Columbia put out ten Jetsons titles.

Comment

• Scheduled for tonight at 7 PM local time

the flying deuces 400 foot digest print
            the music box complete two reeler
            way out west complete feature length movie

I must remember to make some popcorn,

chip gelmini
            florida usa
            everything super 8 sound
            2×1200 foot reels with one changeover on a pair of GS 1200 projectors

https://youtube.com/shorts/eeC5ViK_M...P0gFflHQDhFQtv

Last edited by Chip Gelmini; March 20, 2024, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Tonight it was the turn of three "Look At Life" films on one 600ft Eumig reel.

I have always liked those "Look At Life" films and bought a number new from Derann back in the day.

1.....Not a Derann release, but bought it new sometime during the late 1970s. The color has turned somewhat red, but still not gone completely red. The film is "Village Of Violins" 1960, its really interesting.
              2....."Holiday Camps" 1964 excellent color and sound bought new from Derann.
              3......The Eagles Nest 1962 excellent color and sound also bought new from Derann many moons ago.

The GS 1200 is running like a swiss watch at the momentbetter not say to much

Comment

• Continuing with more L & H:

Sons of the Dessert
                Pardon Us

full length on 2 x 1200 foot reels one changeover on a pair of Elmo GS 1200 machines.

Thursday evening March 20th local time about 7:15pm.

Comment

• "Holiday Camps" 1964 What kind of movie is this? Full meter? Who is the director?

Comment

• Holiday Camps

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7196.png Views:	0 Size:	440.8 KB ID:	98222

Comment

• Vitali and Chip,

What Graham projected was the roughly 8 minute Look at Life documentary short also called Holiday Camp which Derann printed. These look at life's were similar in style to Pathe Pictorials just all different subjects. Rank made over 500 Look at Life shorts to be shown in their cinemas, every one in colour. Derann printed a selection of them from the Rank deal, all supplied on a 200ft reel.

Comment

• As Graham stated above, they are "Look At Life" films. I am surprised Vitali and Chip, that you have never heard of them "Look At Life" have been popular on Super8 for as long as I can remember.

Comment

• DCR FIlms of the Isel of Wight also released "Look at Life" films perhaps before Derann, as when they closed Derann took on several of their titles.
                          Hundreds (literally) were also released on multi-DVD sets by Netwrok DVD in the UK, which sadly went out of business last year.

Comment

• 18. HOLIDAY CAMP History of this British institution 1 x 200' Col Price code E

This one was in the Derann catalog (and website) to the very last. I've always enjoyed these: they are very interesting, but at the same time kind of lighthearted. Some favorites: Draw the Fires, The Big Blow, Sounds of a City and Shopping for a Queen.

They were pretty easy to come by 15 years ago, but here and there another one shows up and I'm pleased to have it.

Comment

• I have heard of the look at life series, but never Holiday camp title specifically

Comment

• For years I subscribed to the FFTC and the regular news letter, a must back then if you wanted to keep up with things. My biggest mistake was after Derann closed dumping years and years of news letters "big mistake" however a couple have survived so I had a look at them today, and boy were we lucky to have such a vast choice of Super8 films.

Anyway this surviving news letter listed some of the Look at Life films which includes Holiday Camp, also I had a quick look through my old Derann catalogue, always worth a look and its listed there as well. There were far more Look at Life films out there than listed here. I bought Village Of Violins locally during the late 1970s. I still have a few more L/L from those times, long before I dealt with Derann and are still worth watching every so often.

"Look at Life" and "Movietone News in Cinemascope" plus many "Pathe Pictoral" shorts were a great introduction to any film show
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1360666.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	98258

Name:	P1360667.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	98259

Name:	P1360668.jpg