No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I hailed the holiday's with my lovely 800 ft print of BLACK CHRISTMAS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GArFgjnW4AAMgX7.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	92424 Click image for larger version

Name:	GArFgjnWMAAnlJ4.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	92425 Click image for larger version

Name:	GArFgjoWMAAzXXF.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	92426 Click image for larger version

Name:	GArFgjlWYAEFy0X.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	92427

Comment

• Last night the first spool of the 4x400ft of A Night in Casablanca". Unfortunately due to the 926gl take up spool misbahaving it deposited all of it on the floor behind the sideboas it was sitting on so I called it a hlat for the night. I managed to re-spool it OK today and have just watched part 3 (I don't have part 2). A generally good print from a worn master and variable frame lines, but as I only paid £10 for the three parts at Blackpool this year I can't complain.

Comment

• So sorry. What a mess!

Comment

• Alice,

Welcome to the 8mm Forum! I see you're in Saratoga County. That's such a pretty part of New York.

Comment

• As we are getting well into the festive month, I thought it was time to dig out some Christmas / Christmassy films for the evening.

So, tonight in the Man Cave I watched.....

The Night Before Christmas - 1x 200' - The Tom and Jerry Version

The Night Before Christmas - 1x 200' - The Disney version.

The Small One - 1x 200' - The story of the donkey that was chosen by Joseph to carry Mary to Bethlehem.

Snowdrift at Bleath Gill - 1x 200' - Ok, the event took place during a torrid February but is totally suitable for Christmas and winter.

Ginger Knutt's Christmas Circus - 1x 200' - An Animal Land cartoon. Some serious scratches throughout, so will be looking out for a better copy in 2024

A Walt Disney Christmas - 1x 400' - Festive fun with all the gang.

The George Burns and Gracie Allen Christmas Show - 1x 600' - A real rarity this one. I have just traced this tele cine transfer to an original transmission date of Christmas 1951

The Snowman - 1x 600' - Enough said.

Comment

• Hi!

Yesterday evening, I watched „Casablanca“ (1942) on S8 in a friend’s home cinema - for maybe the tenth time. And I simply love the movie as it has so many details and side-stories. After the screening, I had a little discussion with a friend who summarized it as a lovestory of Rick and Ilsa. But isn’t the main topic the lovestory of Ilsa and Victor? Or is it the friendship between Rick and Sam or Rick and Louis? Or is it about helpless refugees being stuck somewhere? Or is it about Rick‘s way back to fighting the evil? Or is it about fighting the nazis (with everything else only being deception)?

What do you think?

(My opinion is that Casablanca is simply great because there’s no real answer to my question. And hence you can simply watch the movie all over again and again - when you are open to watch the film this time from a completely different point of view.)

Comment

• A very interesting question which I feel needs to be discussed as a new topic elsewhere.

Comment

• That new Casablanca thread can be found here.

Comment

• Back to "A NIGHT in Casablanca" I finally got to watch the part four I bought in Blackpool. A bit late due to a splice failing when cleaning and I got lazy about repairing it. Also remembering that my tape splicer was given to me for my birthday in 1975!!!!!!

Comment

• Brian,

That's one year before I got my Guillotine splicer!

Comment

• Hmmmpf!

-I had to buy my OWN splicer!😊

Comment

• Oops! I should have phrased that better. I purchased my splicer in 1976. In fact, I bought the workshop!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Guillotine Splicer Workshop 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	92795

Comment

• Mom and Dad would certainly have bought me one if I asked!
                            They liked my film hobby.
                            (-maybe some "keeps him off the streets"...thing!)

Comment

• Mine was from my then bride, who didn't stay around for very long, but the splicer did. I've had a couple of splicers since. She has had three more husbands!!!!!

Comment

• Been watching some family films my late father filmed on 9.5 and 8mm of us as kids. Dad was a keen 9.5er, 17.5,16mm and later 8. Precious memories preserved on REEL film..

Ended watching a 50ft personal S8 record I filmed on the set at Pinewood Studios in 1974 working on Bugsy Malone as a young boy.

Watched the 400ft of Bugsy Malone then the feature. Pinewood open day and the pedal cars we used to race around in-between takes.

Finally! The new Super 8 11m minute release ABC ADS TRAILERS which includes the long trailer to Bugsy. A night full of memories....

Comment

Working...
                                X