No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checked my 1x400ft os Smokie and the Bandit, fading, but still only noticable in dark shots then ran "Un Chien Andalou" silent on LPP. I'm not sure where I got that from.

Comment

• Brian,

That's quite the double bill!

Comment

• I was back in the Man Cave tonight after a week or two away. I felt like watching something that wasn't too taxing on the brain, so I watched the following....

Royal Wedding 1x 50' Trailer

Diamond Horse-shoe 1x 50' Trailer

My Blue Heaven - 1x 50' Trailer

North By Northwest - 1x 400' - The Hitchcock classic. Basically wanted to watch it to see Cary Grant. This afternoon I binge watched the ITV series "Archie" on ITVX ( a UK catch up service for independent television) which was a biography of his life according to Dyan Cannon. (Archibald Leech = Cary Grant). Highly recommended if you can get to see it.

That's Entertainment - 8x 400' - The classic MGM compilation film. Reel quality varied from "ok" to "excellent." A bit of a mish mash for me as I built it up from various sources. A real (reel) compilation film in all senses of the word!

Comment

• „2001 - A Space Odyssey“… The Cineavision version presenting the original Widescreen format. This film belongs into the big screen.

Comment

• Oliver - I WISH ! OH I WISH !

The best I have to put up with is a fairly faded copy of the trailer.

......Maybe one day !

Comment

• Been a long time since I added here. In the last 12 days or so

HALLELUJAH I'M A BUM / AL JOLSON
              WOODY ALLEN'S TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN
              DISNEY HUNCHBACK OF NOTREDAME
              KING KONG 1933
              SILENT SHORTS VOLUME 6 ON 2 X 1200 MOSTLY BLACKHAWKS

A few years ago I bought a case of Goldberg 1200 foot reels for super 8. They were full of the silents. The sale was going to be reels only - but the seller decided he didn't have enough time to pull the prints. So I got everything for a re-negotiated slightly higher price. It was quite the score - because all 6 volumes are 2 hours each. So 12 hours of silent super 8 !!!!! If I did this right - that would be 33 reels @ 400 foot!

All of these screenings super 8 sound & full length 2 hour programs.

Comment

• Melvin based on your comment I just sent a message that was incorrect. Please ignore that with apologies. The message was private regarding a silent movie I own.

Comment

• Reel #6 of Universal 8's feature release of Howard Hughes' Hell's Angels. These are amazing aerial combat scenes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hell's Angels Ad - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	96574

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hell's Angels 1.png Views:	0 Size:	834.9 KB ID:	96576

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hell's Angels 2.png Views:	0 Size:	818.5 KB ID:	96577

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hell's Angels 3.png Views:	0 Size:	807.8 KB ID:	96575

Comment

• I remember watching the full Super8 feature of "Hell's Angles" at one of our long ago Sunday night meetings. I think it was on Elmo 1200ft reels, good movie.

A couple of nights ago it was the turn of another Elmo 800ft reel of cartoon shorts ""Professor Tom", "Lady and the Tramp", "Bedknobs and Broomsticks", "The Rescuers" both 200 footers joined together. color wise they are all still pretty good, considering I bought them new back in the 1970s there general condition has lasted well. What I did notice was with "Professor Tom" being a bit jumpy in the GS1200, nothing new with that, as I remember having to give the odd new Walton Tom and Jerry prints a light lube, even when they were brand new when using the ST1200 back then.

Its certainly a bit of a nostalgia trip watching those Disney shots, they were certainly very popular in there day.

Decided to lube it and run the 800ft reel again, this time round, perfect.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2007_0323Image0017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	96700
                    The Rescuers...
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1350979.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.5 KB ID:	96701
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1350986.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	96702
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360004.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	96703
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.3 KB ID:	96704

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360010.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	96705
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	96706

Comment

• Last night, I decided to dig out a pile of films that I have not projected for absolutely years. It was very enjoyable. Almost like seeing them for the first time..... but not quite.

The Omen 1x 400' - Gregory Peck.

Damien - Omen II - 1x 400' William Holden. Completely forgotten just what excellent and gory edits these are.

The Champ - Jon Voight & Ricky Schroeder. What a tear jerker.

King Solomon's Mines - 1x 400' - Stewart Granger.

Logan's Run - 1x 400' - Michael York and Jenny Agutter. A great edit and completely worth it for a certain 3 seconds or so. If you have this one, you will know EXACTLY what I am talking about !!!

New York, New York - 1x 400' - Robert De Niro and Liza Minelli. One of Scorsese's less popular films. But good.

Distant Drums - 3x 400' - Gary Cooper.

Comment

• „A Night To Remember“… The Kenneth More classic by Roy Baker.

Comment

• Oliver, how has your 2001 held up? Those Cineavision prints can be hit and miss.

Comment

• The print had faded (like I think the most prints of this title) and years ago I‘ve sent it to Alberto to Italy. The red tint has changed to a more comfortable brownish tint and colours like yellow, red (!) and blue have returned. Otherwise it’s a flawless print which is working on the big screen (3-4 meters). It has Stereo sound and I love to watch it once a year.

Comment

• By the way the Oliver trailer was released in Scope as new in Super8 and 16mm you could buy from Derann. I have the Super8 Scope trailer color wise its fine, however sound wise could have been a bit better

Last night after the VP ran this reel.

A couple of screen shots taken last night
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360134.jpg Views:	0 Size:	223.2 KB ID:	96935
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	201.9 KB ID:	96936
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360136.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	96937
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360137.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	96938
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360140.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	96939
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360145.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	96940
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360146.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	96941
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360147.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	96942
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360149.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	96943
                              Last edited by Graham Ritchie; February 28, 2024, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Graham, would You like to take some pictures from the trailer? I have not seen it in scope until today. Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                                X