No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't have much time to watch last night but did manage an old Walton Travel film "Glimpses of Switzerland" silent and colour. No name on edge markings but no fade to pink.

Comment

• Monday afternoon matinee
      August 3rd

Cartoons from Holland
      reels 1 through 6
      400 foot
      100 minutes

Thanks again Mark B 😀

Comment

• Last night was "West Side Story"; this was the last feature I saw in a theatre before the quarantine (70mm Fest at the Music Box in Chicago). My print is not exactly 70mm, but for Super 8, it's pretty super.

Comment

• Wednesday August 5

Film shorts
          Calimero 2 cartoons in Dutch adventures of a small black bird or duck wearing an egg shell as a hat

Never Weaken with Buster Keaton

Full length feature
          Phantom of the Opera with a musical score
          all I can say is WOW they don't make movies like that anymore

😀👍❤️📽

Comment

• In my above post which I could not edit I have to correct the following mistake it was not Buster Keaton but Harold Lloyd in the short Never Weaken

Comment

• The Night Caller 1965 viewed on the Eumig HID very nice evening.

Comment

• Tuesday night a tropical storm passed through: we got off lightly, we just lost cable TV, but our neighbor has been on a generator ever since.

We've been doing film shorts with projected video features, but last night we did an all Super-8 show.

Trailer: Castaway
                Cartoon: Minions
                Feature: Toy Story

Derann's Toy Story is an amazing print: the color, sharpness and sound are incredible! What's interesting is 25 years down the road, when you big-screen it you can see how much CGI has come over the years, but it's still a great movie.

Comment

• Walt Disney’s animated feature BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in the brillant Derann version. Beautiful as always and the REAL masterpiece.

Comment

• Watched a Standard 8mm print of Shoulder Arms (1918)-Charlie Chaplin. A trench warfare black comedy WW1. Brilliant and hysterically funny at times.

Comment

• I am very happy to have screened my latest acquisition, "The Daybreakers", which was the excellent TV miniseries, "The Sacketts", one of the best westerns in quite a while and a very good two hour edit for theatrical release!

Comment

• Monday night August 10

3 Stooges TASSLES IN THE AIR

Charlie Chaplin's
                        THE WOMAN OF PARIS

The feature length movie was excellent it was one of the few that he directed and scored but he did not act in.

Comment

• I don't really care for the film version of "Grease" (seeing the stage version beforehand spoiled me), but Stockard Channing is one of my favorite actors. My "Special Stockard Edition" consists of Derann's "Summer Nights" 200 footer and reel 5 of the feature. For me, the film version of "There Are Worse Things I Could Do" captures the spirit of the original work and I enjoy musical numbers that are simple and brought off without a fuss.

Comment

• Wednesday night August 12

short film the Three Stooges in CREEPS

followed by Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece

North by northwest
                            Full length feature

Comment

• I had not screened it for a while so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Columbia's 400' Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger has held its color nicely.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1IMG_2459.jpeg Views:	31 Size:	184.0 KB ID:	15074 Click image for larger version  Name:	2IMG_2466.jpeg Views:	31 Size:	237.1 KB ID:	15072 Click image for larger version  Name:	3IMG_2471.jpeg Views:	34 Size:	214.4 KB ID:	15070 Click image for larger version  Name:	4IMG_2470.jpeg Views:	31 Size:	84.3 KB ID:	15073 Click image for larger version  Name:	5IMG_2487.jpeg Views:	31 Size:	219.6 KB ID:	15071 Click image for larger version  Name:	6IMG_2497.jpeg Views:	32 Size:	203.2 KB ID:	15068 Click image for larger version  Name:	7IMG_2498.jpeg Views:	32 Size:	202.5 KB ID:	15069

This starred John Wayne's son & Tyrone Power's daughter. Unfortunately Patrick Wayne made a weak Sinbad.

Comment

• Some more Super 8 Scope from last week

Titanic trl.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140603.JPG
Views:	364
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	15082
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140609.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	44.1 KB