X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday night September 7, 2020

Full feature on super eight mono sound

The seventh voyage of Sinbad

With three Tom and Jerry cartoons at the beginning but I did not write down the names of the cartoons and I cannot remember

Comment

• Probably the only S8 stereo print in the UK. NO TIME TO DIE Trailer 2020
      Rise of Skywalker Trl Force Awakens Trl
      and This is FILM my own movie set to some catchy music showcasing S8 amongst others.

Ended with Raise the Titanic and another of my own films showing the UK filming locations in the film captured on the Leicina Special at 24fps.

Video clips will be uploaded on El Tube later this week on the Eumig HID Cinematograph

Comment

• INTERMEZZO

Leslie Howard Ingrid Bergman

Pure delight full length

It's one of those "they don't make em like that anymore " pictures!!!

👍👍👍👍

Comment

• A nice evening if short with a couple of local film collectors popping in for a 30 minute show then exiting the bubble suitably masked and distanced. Was like something out of Dark Star.

They wanted to see the new Bond trailers and the HID Eumig in action. No time to die and 50 years of Bond trls again.
          Ended with some un seen S8 footage of the UK film collecting scene in Cinema in Miniature II and THE QUEEN.
          And yes this is Super 8

Click image for larger version

Name:	No time.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	16644Click image for larger version

Name:	50 years of Bond.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	16646
          Click image for larger version

Name:	50 years 2.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	16645Click image for larger version

Name:	HIDEum.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	16647

Comment

• Earlier this week I watched the Blu Ray of Hitchcock's "North By Northwest" which maybe I should have mentioned in the appropriate topic.
            That prompted me to have a super 8 Hitchcock night tonight, and so my film show tonight consisted of......

Psycho - Shower scene 100'

North By Northwest 1x 400'

Family Plot 1x 400'

Frenzy 1x 400'

The Birds 1x 400'

I was intrigued to see that Hitchcock's famous brief appearance is included in a couple of the cut downs. North By Northwest and Family Plot.

Comment

• Was it just the lighting, or was that Bond trailer fairly bluish?

Comment

• Mobile phone Osi made in Korea

My goodness Melvin they were very popular titles back in the day. Family Plot was a interesting uni 8 release nice.

Amazing new sealed boxes films from the 70s still turning up and been enjoying adding stripe and sound tracks to some of the old silents.
                Return of Dracula also been doing the Great train robery for our nostalgia nights.

Comment

• The Great Rupert, approximately 70 minutes

Comment

• Lee,

I've also added stripe/sound to many of those silent releases. Return of Dracula, like a number of the UA-8 cutdowns, seems like it was edited with a sound version in mind.

Comment

• Nice things to have Doug and quite a nice print as well which sit nicely with the Hammer/WB spook films.

Watched Horror of Dracula 200ft 'A American Film' and some of the 1960's STD 8 Derann 200ft sound releases including Psycho promo which had a long run in Derann's catalogue thru to S8 as well.

Comment

• Monday evening September 14, 2020

super eight optical sound full length

Remo Williams the adventure begins

With three cartoons before the movie

Comment

• Nice Chip from the 80's I believe. Talking about Optical S8 we ran a few Disney Optical sound shorts recently including the ones from Cinderella and with all things Disney pretty much perfect sound.
                          I used to hire Optical prints over here from a local film library to me be back then proving they were not just limited to ex airline prints and available as we know in the main so no one could erase the sound track.
                          Projector wise I find the Fujicascope SD Auto or a Eumig M&O produces non wavering sound reproduction both being compact machines.

Comment

• When they showed an optical Disney short at a collectors event in the 1980's they said that some were made for kiosk type money in the slot machines, so I assume quite a few were produced.

Comment

• Just a few shorts...

Magoo Meets Frankenstein (Reel Image)
                              Can't Stand Losing You - The Police (Derann)
                              Mel Brooks' Silent Movie (Piccolo)

Comment

• The people that Time forgot full length super eight optical sound

Comment

Working...
                                X