No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All above excellent! Yes thanks Melvin Super 8 got us thru it :-) Wifey may have to get some treatment for damage to her lungs bless her. Both hoping to get to Dudley to do some S8 filming for one of our USA friends and expect some of you will see it projected over the pond at one of Steve's shows.

Had part one of our Halloween show on the Elmo GS1200 and started with two cartoons as you do.
    Screwball Squirrel and Jerry and the Goldfish.Click image for larger version

Name:	tomm.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	18880
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screwb.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	18879

These were followed by Derann Movie Magazine No1
    and WHITE ZOMBIE feature.

My print of Jurassic Park has arrived so I'm building myself into a frenzy to view tonight. Had a quick look thru the glass and the print looks gorgeous.

Comment

• Last night, a 1918 American film : The Eyes Of Julia Deep, with Mary Miles Minter. A few nights ago, on standard/regular 8 : Theodor Herzl, a 1921 Austrian film about the famous Jewish activist.

Comment

• „Meet Me In St. Louis“ from Derann (and WHAT A PRINT) starring amazing Judy Garland. Always touching and very entertaining!

Comment

• Saturday night up in the Cave consisted of the following.....

Report From The Front 1x 50' - Humphrey Bogart rarity promoting the work of the Red Cross during war time.

The Caine Mutiny - 1x 400' Humph again as a sea captain who has lost his marbles. I have not seen this at its full length, but what I see here seems to tell a complete story. Must be an excellent edit.

The Man Called Bogart - 2x 400' (or 1x 600' as mine is) From the Hollywood and The Stars series a superb biographical film of the great man.

King Kong - 4x400' - My version starts just where Fay Wray is tied up as an offering to Kong.

When I purchased Kong many many years ago, it was supplied on 2x over full 600' spools which is a pain when it all ends up on a take up spool, supposedly 600' too, that cant cope. So part of my night was to move it onto a 1200' spool, checking first that it would fit ok. It did. So no more viewings on the Sankyo 700, GS1200 from now on.
          Still on the subject of Kong, it occurred to me as I was watching it that it was the first time I had seen it in the Cave since I moved into the house.....which was way back in 2007 ! Disgraceful really that I have allowed such a long time between viewings. It ran ok, I am pleased to say.

Comment

• After I re-arranged my Super-8-cutdown treasures I enjoyed one more cutdown night:

- Airport ‘75 (Karen Black, slightly faded but action-packed cut)
            - Airport ‘77 (Jack Lemmon, faded but still great to watch)
            - Hard Times (slightly faded, a special to the cutdown, 70 meters; starring Charles Bronson)
            - The Warriors (excellent & colourful marketing-film 3-parter)
            - War Of The Worlds (this 50 minute cutdown jewel is almost better than the full feature; great cut, very good colours)

And what I love most, too: the amazing artwork of the marketing-film boxes!

Comment

• Supergirl

full length super 8 scope mono

Helen Slater. Oh my 👀!

Comment

• Ice age and girls girls girls elvis full feature i dont usually post ere but im sick of people commenting on how much i paid for this . iI paid what i wanted to pay isnt this good enough X Russ

Comment

• Road Runner "Tired and Feathered" (techno, silent but fun making up the noises), Foghorn Leghorn "Mother was a Rooster" (poss Derann as Buck labs on Fuji striped but silent), "Calling all Girls" Derann B&W stock and a reel of Bogart trailers "Key Largo", "Angels with Dirty Faces" and "Crime School" Agfa colour stock bought at Portland Films.
                  Last edited by Brian Fretwell; October 20, 2020, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday night, two documentaries (with English sound) : The Eskimos and The Karamoja (which is a part of Uganda). Like all (or maybe almost all) Italian releases, both films have faded but a blue filter did improve the first one (it was less obvious with The Karamoja).

Name:	IMG_20201020_002050.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	19106

Name:	IMG_20201020_002059.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	19107

Comment

• Monday night October 19

Love at first bite

super 8 optical sound flat mono

a silly movie fun to watch even if pink fade

Comment

• Yes silly but fun. Especially when presented with a Star of David rather than a cross and asked "What do you think of that?" Dracula replies, "I think, Why don't you find yourself a nice Jewish girl."
                        Last edited by Brian Fretwell; October 20, 2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• My favorite line was "for him it's never a quickie....always a longie"

😂🤪

Comment

• BELA LUGOSI birthday today 20th Oct so warming up the Elmo for
                            Mystery of the Marie Celeste and Devil Bat. No Dracula saving that for Halloween.

Comment

• When will this run on movies end?

Third day in a row!

The Night of the Living Dead
                              full length super 8mm sound flat

👍😀

Comment

• A collectors dream and real „trashure“: STAR CRASH! Imagine a female hero without skills, a funny robot which isn’t funny, a starship fight without any sense and Christopher Plummer and You will have a great Super-8-screening which is highly entertaining! „Piccolo Film“ made a great cutdown in the 80s which You have to watch to believe it...!

Comment

Working...
                                X