Brightest Star

Feature
    Independence Day
    scope stereo

with guest
    David "JP" Baker

😃

Comment

• A couple of Elvis features tonight , Jailhouse Rock and Elvis on Tour, Mark

Comment

• Saturday night August 15

trailers
        Paternity
        Trail Mix Up
        "10"
        The China Syndrome
        Motel Hell

feature
        It's A Wonderful Life

with guest
        David JP Baker

Comment

• Cary Grant as „I am not George Kaplan!“ in Hitchcocks masterpiece NORTH BY NORTHWEST. Great print with gorgeous colours.

Comment

• And one more Hitchcock masterpiece: VERTIGO starring the amazing Kim Novak and James Stewart.
            A beautiful Polyester print with all the quality Super-8 stands for!

Comment

• Comment

• Dracula Prince of Darkness part 2 (bought for £5 from Derann many years ago to go with the 400ft version) which runs from the meal at the castle to Dracula being revived with "Bud" Tingwell's blood. The dining room scene is now almost sepia so a quite pleasant form of fading though blue bed covers are still blue and the blood very red. Followed by Donald Duck in Three for Breakfast (Derann Agfa so great colour) and Horse Hair, Bugs Bunny good colour but medium quality Techno print.

Comment

• One of my favourite Derann Film releases from my youth AUTO CINE 200ft Colour Sound and in a pretty plain white box now turning yellow with age.

The colour of the film print had gone quite red but I had sent it to the great Alberto Movie Magnetic for his special colour treatment. It returned looking pretty much as I remember it in the 1970's and nice to see this old film friend back again with splendid colour.

I'll upload a video clip of it being projected a little later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05070.JPG
Views:	477
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	15465

Also watched a brand new print of the Indiana Jones trailers from REEL IMAGE I highly recommend this new reel superb colour and sound.

Comment

• Sunday night August 23

Volume 2

Cartoons from Holland

1200' x 2

reels 7 thru 12 @ 400ft

Recently purchased from Mark Barton

Comment

• No Time 2 Die Trl. Excellent and a fab SUPER 8 watch just arrived.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	NTTDI3.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	15706Click image for larger version

Name:	NTTDI.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	15707Click image for larger version

Name:	NTTDI2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	15708

Comment

• Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Niles film print feature length

Bluebeard with John Carradine

and after a quick break

Speed on DVD scope
                        Sandra Bullock

Comment

• Last night I watched the Columbia short from 1935 starring Andy Clyde in "It always happens". Great sharp print and so very funny too, especially the escape at the end using a baby carriage. He also did a similiar routine with a baby carriage in the earlier silent film called " Wandering Willies" with Billy Bevan.

Comment

• I watched a sound 200' Castle abridgment from "A Lady Takes a Chance" called "The Cowboy and the Girl" WOW I had never seen this abridgment nor the feature but this short was outstanding. Lots of fun, great compact story that works in a 200' version and such amazing comedic performances. I am usually disappointed with many abridgments but this is really fun.

Comment

• A pop/Rock night with Tommy (Iver and Columbia 400ft extracts edited into order so variable sound and colour) followed by The Beatles in Concert 200ft B&W from Derann.

Comment

• Launched the Eumig HID Scope bracket fitment.

Skyfall
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Skyfall.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	15874Click image for larger version  Name:	Skyfall2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	15875

STAR WARS Phantom Menace

Click image for larger version  Name:	Phantom3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.1 KB ID:	15876Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom22.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	15877

Comment

Working...
                                X