No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Crack in the World, the 3x400' Marketing release. The reels progress from decent color to heavy fade, just like the film progresses from clear days to fire and lava filled nights.
    These cover scans are from a Spanish version but this print is in English.

Click image for larger version

Name:	crack in the world001.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	11156Click image for larger version

Name:	crack in the world002.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	11157Click image for larger version

Name:	crack in the world003.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	11158

Comment

• Oliver, that's one of my favorite features as well!

Comment

• A couple of The Wombles shorts (Sgfa and great colour) and the Techno 400ft of one of my favourite UFO episodes, Timelash (sadly rather faded to brown).

Comment

• June 6 Saturday night

Flash Gordon conquers the universe

oh Carol

Everything super eight sound

Comment

• For D-Day a lot of trailers. The ones on my reels that included The Longest Day and D-Day the 6th of June, too may to list but including both Grease Anniversary re-release trailer and the "Summer Nights" 200ft reel.

Comment

• L'affaire est dans le sac (It's In The Bag), a 1932 French film that has not been understood (it's a little bit Strange, Indeed) when it was first released, some people threated to fire the screen at the first projection.

Comment

• A standard/regular 8 film : The Mark Of Zorro (1920). A classical with Douglas Fairbanks.

Name:	IMG_20200609_011736.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	11404

Comment

• Tonight i viewed a few cartoons, among them, the excellent and very funny, Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs, im sure some people find it controversial but it is, in our opinion, very funny and it is only a cartoon.

Name:	CBADSD! (1).jpg
Views:	461
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	11494Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (2).jpg
Views:	449
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	11495Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (3).jpg
Views:	453
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	11493Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (4).jpg
Views:	464
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	11496Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (5).jpg
Views:	459
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	11492Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (6).jpg
Views:	446
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	11497Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (7).jpg
Views:	442
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	11498Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (9).jpg
Views:	453
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	11499Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (10).jpg
Views:	445
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	11500Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (11).jpg
Views:	469
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	11502Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (12).jpg
Views:	435
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	11504Click image for larger version

Name:	CBADSD! (13).jpg
Views:	438
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	11503
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Tom Photiou; June 09, 2020, 02:06 PM. Reason: Edited to get images sorted

Comment

• A fun filled evening of film here watching some S8 films on el Elmo including Mr Schwarzenegger alias Mr Freeze in Batman & Robin.

Thankfully Tom Super 8 film history is something that cant be erased today and beautifully animated at that by hard working gifted animators.

Name:	LM Bat.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	11525

Comment

• Another night with Douglas Fairbanks. The Black Pirate (1926), a classical all silent films fans know, I guess, ran through my Siemens standard/regular 8 projector. I like the fact that this machine accepts large reels, which is extremely rare for projectors of this gauge.

Comment

• Just watched our new feature ... "Allegeny Uprising" 1939 John Wayne, Claire Trevor. Blackhawk feature print and a surprisingly sharp print with great contrast!

Comment

• The Eagle, the 1925 silent film with Rudolph Valentino. ​​​​​​ My super 8 copy has a soundtrack and runs at 24 fps. I respooled the film from a Supaspool to a classical spool (I have a few other films that could also last on classical spools. I know some people don't like Supaspools (they have a 1200ft/360 m or 2200 ft/660 m diameter but a 1600ft/480 m or 2600ft/780 m capacity since they have a smaller core, the reason why not everybody is fan of them, that classical spools) but they work fine for me. I used my GS 1200, modified with larger arms.

Name:	IMG_20200611_223131.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	11667

Comment

• Columbia's 4x200' release of The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. What an excellent edit!

Name:	7th voyage catalog drm.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	11714

Comment

• Dom If you have a big van pop round and I'll bring my organ round to play for your silent classics 😁 Never seen a GS with longer arms. Some years ago I did extend a Eumig 810D to accept 1200ft spools and it worked even on that teeny projector also a number of Sankyo sound projectors.

Never seen that sheet for Sinbad really nice to see it.

Since the Karaoke Virus landed we have projected Super 8 every day here so I'm giving Elmo No2 a rest and break out Elmo No1 which usually only comes out of its box a couple of times a year.
                              We watched some Collectors Club trailers: Sherlock Holmes, Kittie Brats cartoon and Lights Out and the Stars Appear 9.5mm story.

Comment

• Another delightful evening when I was able to watch a film I have never seen before presented in super 8mm.

That film being....

Arch of Triumph 5x400' B/W - Ingrid Bergman / Charles Boyer / Charles Laughton. A dark love story based in Paris in the months just before the war. A Derann Print too!

Then to liven things up....

Airplane - 3x 400'

Say no more!.....

Comment

Working...
                                X