No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Lee, it's a spondon LPU. I bought it years ago and it has always worked perfectly. I did buy another unit at a Big Screen Time Revival fair at bargain price since it has two motorized arms (instead of one and the other motor free). I have, yet to find a steel bar to try to built something.

Comment

• June 18 2020

I have just realized that on this date in 1979 in the state of Massachusetts I became a licensed projectionist and started my career soon after how ironic is that of which I sit in my living room watching movies from a projector

James Cagney
      public enemy

print by Italy IE Films
      3x400 ft reels on one x 1200'

😊👍

Comment

• Chip,

That's great! Happy anniversary!

Comment

• Great, Chip 👍🏼

Yesterday night, The Most Dangerous Game (1932). I don't know who relased this film : it has the original English sound with (youpie...) French subtitles.

Comment

• A few Ken Films 200' Paramount silents: Pony Express, The Buccaneer, Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies, Squaw Man & We're No Angels. Halfway decent edits on the first three cutdowns.

Comment

• My film club hasn't met since January, so I have decided to get creative and host a backyard screening on July 3rd. My plan is not very high-tech, but I think it will work. The screen will be two 10 foot 2X4s placed 3 feet into the ground with a very tight sheet strung between the two anchored "posts." The audience will bring their own chairs and snacks, will social distance, and have chosen "Summer Blockbusters" as the evening's theme. I plan on showing "Jaws" (Universal 8 2X400'), "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (Marketing, Int. 400'), "Grease," (Marketing, Int. 3X400'), and the 1978 Christopher Reeve "Superman" (Warner/Columbia home division 3X400').

Comment

• June 22 2020

Superman the Movie

Cinemascope
                Mono
                Full Length

Comment

• Did the soak test on a newly converted Eumig 822 to 2-blade shutter. Watched a load of Standard 8 sound film shorts including the 1960's Derann Trailer ads reel 200ft also watching Psycho 1960 feature.
                  That early ad reel from Derann has the added feature of Derek Simmonds talking at the end.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04884.JPG Views:	0 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	12262
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04888.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	12263 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04899.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	12265Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04910.JPG Views:	0 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	12266
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Did you make that conversion yourself, Lee ? I was aware of Elmo and Bauer conversions to two blade shutters but not Eumig's. Can you put the original three blade shutter easily back to watch 18fps films or does the projector have to be dedicated to 24fps films only ?

Comment

• Hi Dom. Must have converted well over 30 machines by now I guess primarily for 24fps. These machines are usually on offer at a sensible price so you can keep one original for home movies.
                      People I've done them for tend to want them for standard 8 sound film in the main and ideal for that with a 1.2 zoom on either Eimig or Bolex branded lens.

Comment

• Saturday night June 27

several trailers *
                        wc fields short •
                        feature Take the Money & Run

• HURRY HURRY

* CITY HEAT
                        EVERYWHICH WAY BUT LOOSE
                        EVERYWHICH WAY YOU CAN
                        BEVERLY HILLS COP

😀📽👍

Comment

• The Eumig's were in full steam for a nice evening of Standard 8 silent and sound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1lmoimig.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	12532Chase me Pastry, Somewhere in Civvis and The Vagabond. Most of these films are about 50 years old and still project perfectly.

Ended with It's a Grand Life Derann vintage STD8 feature.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LLFRR.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	12533

The sound Eumig on the right benefits from my own 2 blade shutter conversion delivering very good screen illumination.

Comment

• Last night I watched 2 marketing full length features - Burt Reynolds in The Longest Yard (The Mean Machine) and Jack Nicholson in Chinatown

Comment

• Yesterday I watched "I Married a Woman" (Diana Dors) 4x400ft B&W 'Scope. As it is and RKO release I assume it was a Mountain release (I bought it S/H in a single box) and it was a typical low contrast dark in places print. Billed as comedy I only found part 4 funny rather than slightly amusing.

Comment

• Historically speaking,this is the first film released in cinemascope in standard and (later) super 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X