What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tora Tora Tora digest

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1233.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	16152
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1220.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	16153
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1222.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	16155

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1228.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	16154
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1230.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	16156
    Last edited by Xander van der Merwe; September 02, 2020, 09:27 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• I screened COCOON from 1985.
      A beautiful print, but Derann should have printed it in letterbox. An amazing story and the best cast ever!

Comment

• Comment

• Was filmed in 1.85:1 close to 16:9 WS possibly taken from a 16mm masked print who knows. Never had Cocoon but did see a reel of it at a Derann open day I seem to remember. Good times.

Watched The Night Caller again (John Saxon) as I was very pleased with the new recording of it now using a new sound head in el Elmo.

Comment

• Last night the PM Films 600ft cut down of Soft Bed, Hard Battles (Not printer but Buck Lab as normal for PM and on SP but only going a little brown) featuring Peter Sellars playing half a dozen characters including Hitler.

Comment

• Lee,
              the print of COCOON is amazing,
              but the problem is the missing of a good ratio.
              And You can clearly see it in the title sequence.
              Why didn’t they try to take the center of the image?

Comment

• Comment

• Otherwise it’s a most wonderful celluloid treasure

Comment

• I expect, as usual, it was the master material provided. Ordering a revised negative from the distributor may have cost too much to made the release viable.

Comment

• I see.
                      At first I thought that maybe only my print is like that. Once I owned a „Romancing The Stone“ print which had a very dark image.

Comment

• That sounds more like a lab fault, my Romancing the Stone is good. The only dark prints I have are "white box specials," sold as faulty at a low price.

Comment

• The nights are starting to draw in now, so it is time to retreat once again to my cave on a Saturday night and crank up the projector.

Tonight's feast of entertainment to myself.....

Schindler's List - 50' Trailer
                          West Side Story - 100' Trailer
                          A Bugs Life - 50' Trailer
                          Four Weddings and A Funeral - 50' Trailer

Bugsy Malone - 4x 400' Walton print. After all the talk recently on this thread about Lee's participation in the film, I just HAD to see it for myself. And....yes.... Our Lee is quite visible strumming on his ukelele (was it?) in the band in the background. Couldn't spot him, though, in the finale which was the mother of all custard pie fights. I hope they wanted you to stick around for that, Lee !?

Comment

• Hi I am actually putting this in slightly before the movie watching

Fritz Lang's "M" starring Peter Lorre

in German mit English subtitles

full length

This movie has been on my list for many many years and when it was available earlier it was either overly priced or for some other reason not good timing to purchase it

The movie came today and inspection on the rewind bench absolutely no spices with original heads and tails

I am looking forward to watching this tonight!

Comment

• Yesterday I was also watching BUGSY MALONE (regards to Lee!!!) like Melvin, the full feature, and today I screened THE GODFATHER, the slightly faded full feature from marketing-film international.
                              What a feature!

Comment

• One AM -Super 8mm Sound. Blackhawk Print.

Chaplin in a tour de force solo performance/ Click image for larger version

Name:	charlie-chaplin-one-a-m-1916.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	16384 Click image for larger version

Name:	Chaplin One AM poster.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	16383

Comment

Working...
                                X