What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Night:

Reel 1 (1200 Feet) of Shall we Dance (Ginger Rogers, Fred Astaire)

My wife was watching it too. The reel ended and she said "Can't we see more?" and I said "It's 11PM, Fred and Ginger want to call it a night!".

(I guess she likes it!)

Reel 2 (1200 Feet), Tonight.

I started off with a home movie. Early on I didn't label them: I could tell them apart by eyeballing the first few feet. My eyes aren't quite up to that job anymore. Last night's surprise reel featured appearances by both Mom and Dad younger than I am today and in excellent health and a dear departed friend who left us about 20 years ago aged mid 30s. It's getting a label and a card box, and we'll put it someplace safe.

Comment

• Steve, what great memories on that home movie reel!

Comment

• Yes,

It's a film about a narrow gauge railroad museum up in western Maine. It's actually a compilation of maybe five trips there that shows the whole line. The thing about is at the time, I wasn't filming people, and the people knew it, so they are completely their natural selves. It's just that every so often some camera pan suddenly reveals somebody I miss quite a bit looking on at what I'm also filming.

This happens a lot with my Dad: he was a fan of 35mm slides. Very often when we went someplace we'd both be there with our cameras. These days I project some film I haven't seen in ten years and there he is: maybe 50 years old, full thick head of black hair!

Then again, sometimes I look at his slides: who WAS that skinny kid with the movie camera?!

Comment

• Last night Futtock's End 2x400ft Walton. A "Silent", music & effects no dialogue, film about a weekend at the home of the name in the title. Ronnie Barker and a host of well known names. Still very good colour and an appearance of Denham Golf Course station under a different name.

Comment

• Bit of a Bond night.

No Time to Die Trl 2020 and a one off print.

Feature GOLDFINGER all projected on the Eumig Popcorn was really nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05282.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	19754

Comment

• Come on, Lee "a one off print" ? Time to spill the beans! Where did that come from?

Comment

• Hello Melv. Regretfully we have no beans as they went with the Church foodbank donation. But all will be revealed eventually in 2021 at a UK film event, that's depending on if we are allowed to roam freely again.

For now this is the actual film
                Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	126.7 KB ID:	19778

And this is the udder one Mag stereo stripe applied and yes this is Super duper 8

Click image for larger version  Name:	SWS12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	19779

In these darkened but not dimmed times its wonderful we have so many in the UK experimenting with projector upgrades to max out S8 projection and others perfecting other aspects of our interest. Tis the way to go as we continue to move forward with 8 together.
                Support the new release from the States friends and perhaps we will see more from the UK as well. 🧛‍♂️

Comment

• Nightmare in Wax 1969

Back in my early Super 8 film collecting days Portland Films London shop was awash with prints of this 1969 spook feature and it proved popular way back in the 70's for them. In later years Derann put out a 400ft which is nicely condensed and of course a decent print so ideal for a varied programme for Halloween. The nostalgia thing kicked in so we watched it twice as you do..

Comment

• Wednesday October 28

double feature with a short break in the middle both films full length

Wizard of Oz

War Games

Comment

• A few Bugs Bunny cartoons, Carrotblanca, Horse Hair, Knightly Knight Bugs, His Hair Raising Tale and An Itch in Time (well Bugs is on the cover of the Looney Tunes comic Elmer is reading!).

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	HIDD2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	19875 Click image for larger version

Name:	HIDD1.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	19874
                        Love war games Chip and so nice to see the roots of computing.

We were wondering why it was so quiet around our area although we do have School holidays underway.
                        I'm guessing everyone has flown to Ells Bells

Bit of a mash up for us and getting Halloween films ready for our out door show weather permitting.

Dracula Prince of Darkness and the 3 parts from That's Carry On (Walton)

Name:	HIDD4.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	19871Click image for larger version

Name:	HIDDD3.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	19873
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Even my wife agreed that there wasn't much on TV tonight.

SO.....

I invited her to my premier cinemascope performance of one of my latest acquisitions.

Thursday 29th consisted of......

June is Bustin' Out All Over - 1x200' Cinemascope / Stereo extract from Carousel. Yes Tom P. it was your former copy!

THEN....

Gigi - 4x 600' Cinemascope / Mono starring Leslie Caron and Maurice Chevalier. Very good print. May review it at some point.

It was a nice change to have a cinema night during the week instead of the weekend AND have an audience.

Comment

• Little Match Girl Beautiful color

Comment

• THE LOST WORLD 1925 Collectors Club

Had reel problems at last nights show as we were invaded by Velociraptors! 😁

Name:	DSC052851.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	19914

Fairly early release by CC released silent but striped it adding a piano track
                              many moons ago. Weather report for our outdoor Halloween show and fireworks look promising
                              on 31st must admit we are quite excited and looking forward to it.

Name:	lostss.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	19915

Comment

• I have the same problem Lee when projecting anything with Dinosaurs. They can be put to good use though, trimming the end of the film before threading - that sort of thing.

I have a nice Perry's print of The Lost World - 3 x 400ft originally but someone previously had mounted it onto 2 x 600ft. Silent though, unlike yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X