8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 185)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 23, 2015 12:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice inspired me! I decided to pull out my optical super 8 feature of "The Survivalists" (Walter Matthau, Robin Williams, Jerry Reed), a nice little black comedy.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 04, 2015 05:47 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Silver Dream Racer Scope Walton.
Enjoyed watching that 1980 movie again up on the wide screen. Walton did a good job with that 400ft as well. Its another of those little gems where the distributors changed the ending after release for dvd which meant we had two versions on offer.

Ended the show with The Snowman.....as you do.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 04, 2015 12:45 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually thought that digest was better than the full film. If the screen is projected big enuf, you really feel like you're right there at ground level with those speeding machines!

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 15, 2015 07:39 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Osi the Walton edit is a much better watch and keeps your attention. [Cool]

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2015 10:53 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Yesterday I screened - Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce in Spider Woman - a great Universal Sherlock Holmes mystery with the wonderful Gale Sondergard - Mrs Danvers from "Rebecca" providing an excellent villainess.

David

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 20, 2015 12:29 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched the second reel of a two night showing of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in "Shall We Dance".

-this from the Crawford Collection last Spring at CineSea. If nothing else it got me moving fixing my ST-1200HD because those 1200 foot reels meant I couldn't watch it until I did!

Lately I'm starting to enjoy these golden-age black and white musicals quite a lot. I wouldn't have been caught dead as a teenager, but I guess I've grown up a little!

-a lot of talented people made movies like this one and it shows.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 20, 2015 12:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched ...

CREEPS (three Stooges, fun one with stooges as babies!)
Spike Jones TV show (600ft sepia) kind of rare, to be sure

2 400ft reels of cartoons and ....

Empire Strikes Back part 1 400ft (German version, great color)

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 20, 2015 01:56 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister stayed with me the last couple of nights. Each night we went out to dinner then came back to watch a film. Wednesday night was "The Goodbye Girl" and last night "Baby Boom." Two movies we never get tired of seeing [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2015 03:13 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
Today I'm going to finish watch A Night in Casablanca with the fabulous Marx Brothers then I'm going to screen my 2x1200ft Ken release of the Great War movie - The Dirty Dozen

David

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2015 03:47 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Last night I screened my 6x400ft now on 2x1200ft print of The Dirty Dozen - print colour a little variable - some fade but pin sharp with excellent sound - and even with some colour fade - an extremely watchable film. Then I screened my marketing full length flat print of Grease and although I hadn't seen this print for several years the colour and sound was still excellent.

David

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 22, 2015 05:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Feel free to pass on to me "Grease" anytime you like David! [Big Grin]

I have the 3x 400ft version, but would love to find a full print one day if the colour was still reasonable.

Some are, some arn't I believe.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 07:46 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tricks of the Trade. Such a interesting release on 8mm followed by Jingle all the way on 16, my most prized Arnold movie.

-

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 24, 2015 08:39 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Marketing Grease,

The color is great, but the sharpness is variable here and there.

Are they all like this?

Ahhhhhnold!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 08:46 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow nice print and so lucky to have the jingle alll the way on 16mm lee

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 10:07 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we watched Who Dares Wins 600ft Derann release, the print quality is very good and looks 16mm, nice cut down, followed by Commando on 16mm.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 25, 2015 03:45 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disney's On Ice followed by Mickeys Christmas Carol which looks so beautiful on Super 8 and demonstrates just how good 8 can be.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 25, 2015 03:51 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree Lee. Christmas Carol is as good a print as any I've ever seen. I use it and Madagascar as a benchmark to guage all others against.

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2015 05:04 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first of what I bought at Blackpool)- High Society extract 2. It is fading but still quite good quality in darker scenes. The "Did you Ever" number in particular, good value at £3 from the Bring and Buy.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 04:42 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Added a few clips to my Christmas opening reel which has grown over the years. Derann colour fanfare, P&D adverts, Star greetings, Future programme Scrooge 1951,Christmas singalong, Santa wishes audience good wishes and Ice cream time etc.
The Snowman 600ft. Enjoyable to run a few Christmas titles and only a month to go! [Cool]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 26, 2015 04:24 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back one of my Elmo 16CL projectors after having it serviced by Larry Urbanski. The same day I received a new film I just purchased Lassiter (1984) ... so the timing was perfect. The projector ran better than ever and the sound is now spot-on [Smile] The film had some emulsion scratches that the seller hadn't mentioned...but all-in-all a decent print.

Lassiter stars Tom Selleck, Bob Hoskins, a very young Jane Seymour, and Lauren Hutton. This film got better than average reviews and Tom Selleck looks good in every scene...but then to me he always looks good [Smile] Although originally rated R... this edited PG version was bold enough for me.

-

--------------------
Janice

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 06, 2015 03:53 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SCROOGE 1951 Feature
I still prefer the MGM version which is shall we say happier but Mr Sim gave a wonderful performance in this Renown version like spotting the filming locations in it.

Pluto's Christmas Tree 1952
Always popular at this time of year.
[Cool]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 06, 2015 04:25 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's one I love at this time of year also Lee. I shall give the Alistair SIM classic a run out again at some point this Christmas, an absolute classic, as well as PCT of course.

"Why do they Lament?"...

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 07, 2015 04:27 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HOUNDS OF ZAROFF (A Most Dangerous Game) 1932
So enjoy projecting the good old bargain basement Collectors Clubs prints which were made available in the 70's at pocket money prices. Decades later its the first time I have ever projected this print on a Elmo Xenon GS1200, first time for everything and all that.
Interesting release this one from CC, a film which used KING KONGS film sets notably and has Fay Wray in full voice.
Bit of a classic Super 8 release!

Followed by SON OF KONG on Blooo Ray
Robert Armstrong always looks good on screen as does baby Kong.

So much fun with Super 8..  -

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 07, 2015 11:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice! That's a lovely print! I've always had a soft spot for Tom Selleck, one of the actors that I always liken to the actors of old!

I used to have a super 8 optical sound print of "High Road to China", when I used to collect super 8 back in the late 80's, and I have never seen another print of that Super 8 optical title since I got back into collecting in 2002. PHOOEY!!!

We just finished watching (last night) our super 8 optical sound print of "Stand and Deliver", a very good drama!

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 07, 2015 01:46 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi...Stand and Deliver is such an inspiring movie [Smile] Both my sons loved that movie growing up. Especially my oldest son who taught himself calculus over one summer in high school and is now a math professor [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC