8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 187)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Ronnie Lane
Junior

- posted December 29, 2015 08:16 PM      Profile for Ronnie Lane   Email Ronnie Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey Ronnie!

Don't loose hope, Ken Films did a STAR WARS part 2 400ft, and that includes the last battle, not the full thing, but a very good edit of the last battle. I don't know if the digest you have is part 1 400ft or the 200ft digest, but there were a very few printings on low fade LPP of part 1 and while I haven't seen a low fade print of part 2, there are good Eastman color stock prints of this, and part 2, (with the last battle) was also released in scope!

My copy's a 200 foot color sound that I nabbed without the original box for $10 and shipping. Been keeping an eye out for the later version but prices are trending crazy as of late for any Star Wars on Super 8, heh. I will have sound before the week is out, though- found a Sankyo Sound 762 on eBay for $60 and shipping. The current owner had no film to test- so I should have some interesting news later as to if it's a golden egg or a rotten one, heh!

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 29, 2015 08:50 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a beautiful print Robert!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 12:44 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Watched my very rare print from 2007 on 35mm (The only one i know in circulation) Elvis That's the Way it is special edition over the Xmas period. Now wouldn't it be great to have this feature film on Super 8 let alone 16mm ?
Robert You could contact Phil Sheard and let him use your print to do just that...

Been out of commission for ages, but taking advantage of the holiday for a daily helping of Monsters.. First up was the 16mm feature....

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 31, 2015 02:50 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see your post Dino... and a great looking print!

--------------------
Janice

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 11:54 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

Well it's New Year's Eve in South Wales and I've just watched Eric Sykes and Tommy Cooper in Derann's 3x400ft of The Plank, then I watched my universal 8 copy of 1941 - now I'm watching a lovely copy of Derann's Hoppity Goes to Town and I'll finish with the full length feature of The Sea Wolves with a great all star cast.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 12:07 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dino and wellcome back! Hope you will stay!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 01, 2016 06:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to read your post Dino.

Finally got our own Christmas shows underway somewhat late due to our flood waters and storms but nothing really stops the operation of the Eumigs!

-

Part 1 of our show part two later today and particularly like Disneys The Small One.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2016 07:20 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, did you know that the director of that version of Frankenstein came from Dudley, the home of Derann films?
I didn't until I visited the town museum where they had a display about his life.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 01, 2016 10:27 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today we are all off from work and school, so we decided to enjoy a couple of films together tonight.

I showed my Derann 'scope "West Side Story" extract, and my son showed this newly aquired Castle R8 "Three Little Bruins Go Camping" on his Yelco dual 8 machine. (A 13 year old kid showing a 50+ year old film!)

This means I had to add his machine up and behind mine on the projector stand to allow for a long enough throw (back of the table is crowded this week!):

-

I think maybe it's about time I went back to work: I'm running out of outlets for all these projectors!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jason Schmidt
Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2016 11:27 PM      Profile for Jason Schmidt   Email Jason Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Showed Beauty and the Beast to my wife and kids on New Year's Eve. A great show.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2016 02:11 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis and Lee thanks, its good to be back, Hopefully 2016 won't be as busy as 2015...

Brian I did not know that, fascinating.....

next up we did Bride of Frankenstein and then Son of Frankentsein. both on 16mm..Anyone sensing a theme yet?

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 02, 2016 01:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Lovely prints and good to see you back Dino!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 02, 2016 04:26 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was the last night of my son's visit. We made a bowl of popcorn and watched my 16mm print of Baby Boom (1987) .

-

--------------------
Janice

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2016 05:50 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great film janice i also have a 16mm print of baby boom

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 03, 2016 06:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't it have been great if more prints like this had made it onto Super 8. Great film, great print by the looks of things Janice! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 03, 2016 12:01 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of my best quality prints and one of my favorite movies.

...AND Andrew...absolutely... 8mm takes up a lot less space [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 04, 2016 04:32 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great fun film weekend!

Ran my super 8 feature of Death Kiss and switched to the Bloo-ray for the last few minutes to enjoy the tinted sequences.
 -

Completed part 2 of the delayed Christmas show which included Santas Pocket Watch and The Wombles Games in the Snow.
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 04, 2016 05:28 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice colour there Lee on that there Wombles print!
Who released these? Was it PM films?
Also do you know what stock yours is on as whenever I've seen any of these advertised for sale, they always seem to have a good degree of fade.

Otherwise, I'd have been interested just for a little 70's nostalgia.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 04, 2016 05:46 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Movie Packs (Robert Kingston) released a load of them with some very good quality in the 70's. Its worth having at least one Wombles film in the collection just from a nostalgia stand point.

-

Worth having a look here for more info.

http://wombleburrow.org.uk/2013/02/10/original-tv-series-super-8-film-reels-1970s/games-in-the-snow8mm-reels-of-star-movie-packsrobert-kingston-films-2/#image-attachment-anchor

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 04, 2016 06:02 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lee, I shall keep a watchful eye out then, based on the condition of yours there.

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2016 06:12 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 4 Wombles prints I have are all on Agfa stock, thus the good colour.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 04, 2016 07:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info there Brian. Very handy to know thanks.
Better still now knowing they can be found on Agfa! [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 05, 2016 01:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it that "Wombles" are a British thing?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 05, 2016 03:51 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
They sure are Osi.
"underground, over ground, Wombling free.....
The Wombles of Wimbledon common are we....
Making good use of the things that we find....
Things that the everyday folk leave behind!" Ha ha ha.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XWQMMPFtoG4
Mike Batt circa 1974 or thereabouts.

[ January 05, 2016, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2016 03:02 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night's viewings celebrating what would have been Elvis Presleys 81st birthday, trailers to King Creole, That's the Way It Is, Frankie and Johnny, G.I Blues and Follow That Dream followed by 68 TV Special blooper reel, Tickle Me feature and the last reel of Elvis on Tour.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC