No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That rhythm has been used in UK courses and adverts as a recommendation about CPR compressions too.

Comment

• SPEED 1994. A great feature from Derann and still looking good.
      Also loaned a feature on 16 Lost World Jurassic Park followed by Super 8 Jurassic Park
      Next week my Eumig HID sets foot into a reel cinema for testing on a 25ft screen. Wish me luck as I project my master Kodachome print of Cinema in miniature.

Comment

• Lee, You mean „a REAL cinema“?
        Wow!
        Please take some photos

Comment

• Standard 8 last night. A strange 400ft of Island of Terror B&W which has many splices and seems to have been edited by a previous owner (by was only£4 from Lee's Cameras many years ago), The Telegoons "Napoleon's Piano" B&W and the musical shorts Jack the Ripper by Screaming Lord Sutch, You were made for Me (Freddy & the Dreamers) Stranger on the Shore (Acka Bilk) and Everybody loves my Baby (Frankie Vaughn). I was testing the 810D with a 12v 50w display lamp that worked in a lamp holder that didn't light an A1/231 lamp.

Comment

• R8mm films from the silent era. Jack Hoxie in the western feature "Back Fire" plus Leo Maloney in the one reeler western "Rough Going" and another one reeler John Bunny and Flora Finch in "The Cure for Pokeritus". All were big stars in their day, but so few even know who they were today.

Comment

• Watched two fairly rare imports from Italy, low fade and pretty darned good quality Walt Disney shorts, "Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom", and " Get the Message".

Comment

• SWEET CHARITY Universal 8 400 foot version. For the life of me I can't figure out how come they did not include IF THEY COULD SEE ME NOW in this movie. Even a truncated version would have been nice.

Comment

• On the Town 1949 classic
                  full feature in the studios anniversary year and they certainly pushed the boat out.

Comment

• Godzilla ! Excellent sharp print. The black and white is beautiful. Dave edited the film very well. Sound is great. It's fantastic to still have new super 8 films of this quality in our times.

Comment

• All std 8 show. Tom Mix in THE GREAT K & A TRAIN ROBBERY. Blackhawk print of Killiam copy, not the best I have seen. Slightly contrasty but most enjoyable nevertheless. Takes place for a great part, in, around, on top and under the bottom of the title vehicle and on most picturesque locations where some fabulous stunts are performed. 6 reels projected at 18 fps. THE AGENT.Spanish copy of a Larry Semon two reeler with Oliver Hardy as the chief villain. A government agent among Mexican banditos.Funny as usual with Larry. Again projected at 18 fps despite the incessant "comic" narrator, as 24 fps is too fast for this one.

Comment

• Nice Panayotis. I have the delightful Collectors Club 200ft from the 70's still enjoyable and magnetic striped it some years ago adding a sound track. We watched it last week along with some other near 50 year old Super 8 CC which was solid nostalgia. My goodness how the Super 8 years fly.

Last night also watched Electric Blue. It was fascinating as one of the few S8 films to be derived from a 1" video tape. Content was um lots of pretty ladies smiling at the video camera but what struck me was how vivid the colour was even now. Came in a bundle buy honest 🧐 you would think I would be looking at something better than the colour!
                        This must have been released or escaped in the very late 70's as I remember seeing it on the shelf when I collected my print of Mad Magician 3D.

Comment

• Just watched Turn of the wheel which was one of the 2 test s8 prints collectors club did in colour 1979 before folding and a grey day for eco film collectors even then.
                          Colour has held up and i think Derann picked up the S8 negative back then for future release.
                          The image was excellent and sound also a shame the 2 owners called time....

Comment

• Sorry Lee, I don't understand. Of which film you mean comes the 200 footer?

Comment

• After my Blu Ray watching of the films recently last night it was the rather red (SP) 400ft cut down of Alien followed by Clock Cleaners (Derann on LPP)

Comment

• Re above. I may not have been talking about the film Panayotis mentioned.
                                I thought it was The Great Train Robbery...Collectors Club UK did a 200ft reel of it. Makes a nice reel if you stripe it adding a sound track.

Casablanca feature very enjoyable. I wonder how beautiful that would look on the new B&W stock today.

Comment

Working...
                                X