No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great line up of films Steve the other night I did run the 16mm print of "A Train For Christmas" just to "chill out" to a different time, away from the present world events.

Comment

• Coincidence or what. I opened a new Derann S8 print of Train for Christmas last week. Nice film that.

Watched quite a bit including PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE Click image for larger version

Name:	20200404_194646.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	7150Good old Tor and Bela of course not to forget Vampira.

Comment

• For me the Trailer and both 200ft 'scope extracts of Daleks Invasion Earth 2150AD, plus the first reel of The Fog, which made me realise I was watching it a couple of weeks too soon as it is set on 20th-21st April. I'll delay watching reel 2 (I have a composite version of part 2 cut into the "Double Album" digest) until then. :-)

Comment

• A reel of Scope trailers (Murphy's War, Moonraker, The Passage, Cleopatra and Theatre of Death) plus part 2 of Die Hard 3, the subway train chase & bomb sequence.

Comment

• It was a Super 8 Laurel & Hardy night for me, with "Way Out West" 4 x 400 followed by "Flying Deuces" 4 x 400 and then one of my favourite shorts "Busy Bodies"

Comment

• Last saturday I made the screening of CASABLANCA for the neighbors to see from their apartments now that we are locked because of COVID 19. The print is in three reel with english soundtrack. I extracted the sound track from a DVD and sync it from a DAP (digital audio player), it required a lot of effort to keep the track correctly synchronized, but I went quite well. The screen is the wall of one of the buildings and its 4 by 3 meters (about 12 x 9 feet). You can view some images and videos in the following link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EMZ9NcMWF7iStXw46

Comment

• Two night ago, and its been a while since I last screened it "The Lion King" bought new from Derann way back in 1994..
                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120333.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	7240

Name:	P1120248.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	7241

Name:	P1120273.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	7242

Name:	P1120313.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	7243

Name:	P1120329.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	7244

Comment

• A good few trailers (Ben Hur, Mutiny on the Bounty, Paint Your Wagon, The Fall of the Roman Empire), travelogue (Calipso Cruise) and the last 2 parts of the 4x400 of Hannie Caulder.

Comment

• I love Mutiny on the bounty and just got it on S8 wonderful film Brian I've put my trailer into Stereo.

Afternoon screening today Q SHIPS 1928. A 9.5mm film which was printed up on Super 8 film and quite unique. I'll be running it with the sound track on CD. The film opens with the Pathescope banner.

Comment

• Last night it was "The Longest Day" trailer, Tom and Cherie and It's a Mad,Mad, Mad, Mad World Derann 2x400ft cut to (almost) correct order but each part on different stock so focus and colour chage, the Fuji part is best the other has no visible stock name.

Comment

• Derann deleted the "Now see here, you idiots!" scene at the very end where Ethel Merman falls on her butt!

-sometimes I think the entire movie was created just for that one moment!

Comment

• We watched "Hoppity Goes To Town", the Derann version. We'll watch the Red Fox version this next weekend,

Comment

• Back on Wednesday I also like Leonard screened "Way Out West"....also "Them Thar Hills" and "Laughing Gravy" on super 8.

Comment

• Afternoon matinee
                              Lady & the Tramp
                              full feature scope stereo
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Tonight evening feature

The Elephant Man

scope mono
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...