No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a nice memory show to remember Grahame also including this one my last purchase from him. Its now been striped magnetic and I added a stereo sound track. A nice keep sake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04816.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	9148

Also projected my Super 8 home movie film of the Dutch 9.5 International Film Fest. I filmed this with a Pathescope S8 cine camera by the way which the Dutch had never seen before. Wonderful time.

Comment

• All mounted on 200ft spools

Winnie the Pooh Tigger too
      Un Drapeau Sur L'Himalaya (film office)
      Fantasia trailer promoting scope release (with un PC content)
      Of Thee I Sting
      Shopping for a queen (look at life)
      War of the worlds promo (music album)
      The Tree in the Test Tube
      Uncle Toms Cabana

Comment

• Iver double album "The Slipper and the Rose". Either a fairytale looking at the world through rose tinted spectacles of a faded Eastmancolor print, I'm sure you can guess which. :-)

Comment

• James Bond : Never Say Never Again. A good scope version (Derann ?). The film has a soundtrack in French which is fantastic for me. Had a good Time. For some not cine related technical reasons, not easy for me to project those last weeks but I hope this will change soon.

Comment

• If it was 2x600ft it was the Derann Never Say Never Again. It was at first only available to their film club members (as bid to boost membership?) and later to general buyers. I'll have to watch my copy over the weekend.
            I also hope those reasons you mention will change for you.

Comment

• Thanks Brian, I hope so, too.

My film is mounted on two 800 ft but they are not full so it may be the Derann version (it's Derann level, anyway). I got it from a French collector who sold his collection some years ago because he was going blind (I met him in Paris to collect the film and his sight was, sadly, already well affectés). We should all enjoy every moment while we can.

Comment

• This evening, my lock down show consisted of the following....

Taxi Driver - 1x 400'

The Battle of The River Plate - 4x 400'

Ironically, The Battle was also shown on British television earlier today but I missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvin England View Post
                  This evening, my lock down show consisted of the following....

Taxi Driver - 1x 400'

The Battle of The River Plate - 4x 400'

Ironically, The Battle was also shown on British television earlier today but I missed it.
                  I caught the start of it on TV it was a very good HD transfer, but the good weather got the better of me and I went out into the garden.....

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Fantasia 2000 May10th.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	9540

Fantasia 2000

-all the way from one end to the other, through my sound system: feeling the music!

If there were knicknacks on top of my speakers, there aren't now!

I've discovered something about myself: I'm pretty monogamous except when it comes to films, I keep catching myself saying this print or that print is my favorite.

Well...
                    until at least this time tomorrow night, THIS is my favorite! (May take longer than that too...)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20191201_202613-COLLAGE.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	9621Click image for larger version

Name:	20191201_203841.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	9620

Comment

• Had to watch my favorite Bogie to get a sense of how our generations persevere.

Comment

• Our microscopic Hammer Film Festival for 2 people.

My oldest col trailer Horror of Dracula

Name:	Hamm8.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	9859

Horror of Dracula 200ft sound Click image for larger version

Name:	hamm2.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	9860

Scars of Dracula (First print run which sold well over 1000 copies)

Name:	Hamm7.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	9861

Name:	hamm6.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	9862

Name:	Hamm5.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	9863
                          Dracula Prince of Darkness

Name:	hamm3.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	9864

Name:	hamm4.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	9865

Quite a show which ended with a bit of Terminator....as you do.

Name:	Hamm1.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	9866

Comment

• Great trailers that have maintained they're colors!

I warched my most recent cartoon aquisitions ...

"Betty Boops Museum" 1932 (really REALLY good, surpringly, as it is a Niles print)
                            "Hen Pecked Duck" Warner Brothers 1942 in it's original black and white!

I really like it when I can find these original non colorized Warner cartoons from the early 40's! Looney Tunes were still being done in black and white until late in 1942, with the title "The Hep Cat," and being that they were done with black and white in mind, the great use of grey tones really stands our if it is a very good print, and this one is!

Comment

• Yes Osi. Scars of Dracula had Movie Magnetic colour treatment pretty much back to how I remember it.

Talking of Betty Boop. She's the mainstay of many a uk collector on film quite amazing animation for the 30s.

Comment

• Hitchcocks masterpiece SPELLBOUND on the big screen. Still one of the best thrillers and an amazing cast!

Comment

Working...
                                X