No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we are going for the Super 8 screening record this week!

(Started by watching new Bloo Ray a film I used to love as a kid SOUND BARRIER)

Fired up my £79 48 year old Eumig 807D sound projector and watched more Collectors club films...

Popeye I never changes my altitude
    Betty Boop Rise to fame
    Goonland
    Monsters we've known and loved
    Finished with Carry on Doctor feature again after treating it to some Film Guard much better now.

Incidentally talking about collectors club releases you could buy a 200ft reel film new from them for only 99P those were the days

Comment

• A few trailers and the Piccolo two part digest of The Amitytville Horror. I'll add this one to the list of films to re-record into English.

Doug

Click image for larger version

Name:	Amityville Horror Piccolo1.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	8219

Click image for larger version

Name:	Amityville Horror Piccolo 2.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	8220

Comment

• This is a puzzle Doug!

-In Amityville sie sprechen Englisch. (Ich wohne auf Long Island. Ich solle wissen!)

So you are going to record from people speaking German pretending they are speaking English to people speaking English. (Don't forget to set the accent to Suffolk County!)

The house is still there, but the new owners changed those windows up at the top in a pretty unsuccessful attempt at disguising it. They say that street is pretty much a traffic jam Halloween night.

I went on a date with a girl from down there (obviously some years ago...), she made a point of showing me where the House is. Sad to say it may be the highlight of that particular date!

Comment

• A collection of silents run on my recently refurbished Elmo K100. it was never a popular machine with me but after sitting down and 'fixing it', has now proved to be a good move. Most run at 24fps. Some scratched to death after running on a nastly Italian K6 back in 1980.
          std 8 BW 200ft Flicker Flashbacks No3
          std 8 BW 200ft The Iron Mule (My first film xmas 1980)
          super 8 BW 200ft Felix puts to sea
          super 8 BW 50ft Mysterious Dr Syn (disney)
          super 8 BW 200ft Bluebell railway (collectors club filmed at 18fps)
          super 8 BW 200ft One Million Years BC
          super 8 BW 50ft A Knight for a day (mickey mouse)
          super 8 BW 50ft Escape breakers (L&H)
          super 8 col 50ft Ugly duckling (disney)
          super 8 BW 200ft Castle of Death (My second film)
          super 8 BW 400ft Hunchback of Notre Dame (factory dud/ No sound recorded on stripe/ stripe runs out)

Comment

• Thursday night April 23

ORPHANS OF THE STORM
            feature by DW GRIFFITH
            silent print no mag track applied

played the DVD for musical score
            of the same movie
            WITHOUT A SYNC DEVICE

at the very end the super 8 print
            finished before the DVD by just a minute or so which worked as "exit" music

I am satisfied and that's just another reason why I like this hobby so much 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
              As people here were watching Titanic at the time she sank, last night I thought I'd watch Raise the Titanic, but as it's on TV tonight I just showed the actual raising sequence from the Derann full length 'scope version. One day I'll' get round to watching the 2 spools on 16mm I bought at Blackpool a couple of years ago.
              Really? Who's idea was that? 🤪😂👍

Comment

• Chip,

I believe Brian was specifically referring to your post.

Doug

Comment

• I knew that Doug just messing around! But thanks for clarifying.....

Comment

• Raise the Titanic was a colossal success for Derann back then being released Flat Scope full features and 2X400 = 600ft. Its a film which as result very oft comes up for sale over here and a good film for any collection.
                    My Super 8 filming of the UK locations used in the film came out beautifully and just back from Magnetic striping. I'll be completing it shortly and attaching it to the start of the flat RTT version as a nice intro.

I did a sort of mass piling of films shot awaiting Mag stripe to complete and over the last couple of decades shot nearly 3200ft of Super 8 on a 1970's Leicina Special WOW! I think that's what you call keen.

Needless to say last night we watched my S8 film of the RTT filming locations
                    Followed by more from the Collectors Club collection: I Spy Da Fly, Box of Tricks, Yellow Submarine Trailer, The Magnificent Two (very rare one in colour) The Card feature.

The Collectors Club marathon continues!

Comment

• Trailers:
                      Easter Parade
                      Somewhere in Time
                      That's Entertainment III
                      Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (Scope)

Pinewood Open Day
                      Flying Fingers (Musical Short)
                      Curse of the Crimson Altar (Walton 200')
                      Blue Hawaii (Ken 400')

Doug

Comment

• A collection of rarely shown scope material...

My Fair Lady TRL
                        Shout at the Devil TRL
                        Mr Magoo 200ft (Cineavision)
                        Summer Holiday TRL
                        Bearly Asleep 200ft (DD cartoon)
                        StarWars re-release trilogy TRL
                        Royal Cat Nap 200ft (T&J)
                        EL CID TRL
                        Carousel/ scope55promo 120ft TRL
                        Daleks Invasion Earth TRL

Comment

• Bearly Asleep I love that cartoon on S8

Comment

• Lee- Bearly Asleep is a teriffic Disney cartoon. Super animation, super design and nicely paced story telling. How things have changed.

Comment

• Martin. Yes I remember buying mine new back then always fun especially with children.
                              Hoping to get the little Fujicascope on today at some point

Comment

• My focus on 8mm tends to be more towards making Home movies more than watching a castle film. However, I really enjoy reading this thread and learning about projectors and the various versions and titles. Not to be left out I by chance found a bw regular 8 film titled simba killer lion, so I dug out the m8 and watched it outside with an adult beverage. Great way to spend the evening. It made me want to invest in some more entertaining features.

Comment

Working...
                                X