Comment

• Another cutdown night:
      FROM HERE TO ETERNITY
      THE HUNTER
      PSYCHO
      THE BIRDS
      Still superb prints

Comment

• Putting this in a little early after dinner my show will be full mini features full length but quite short

Laurel & Hardy. UTOPIA

Shemp Howard. PRIVATE BUCKAROO

Friday November 6th. 😀

Comment

• Made up a 800ft reel of the following Super 8 films "heads and tails removed" and screened them the other night.

1...."Engine Driver" 1947, a Derann release.
          2...."Across the Firth of Forth", another superb Derann release "nice color film". I think it was made around the 1960 mark. I remember crossing that amazing rail bridge about the same time, when we went on our summer holiday to the fishing village of "Crail" long long ago.
          3...."A Train For Christmas", another excellent short film from Derann.
          4....."Romney Hythe Dymchurch Railway", an excellent color sound film, a very interesting release from Walton films.

Comment

• Ironically A Train for Christmas. A gorgeous print I may say pin sharp.

Been film guarding all the Christmas films only took 2 hours. Regretfully my Snowman and Mickeys Christmas Carol colours have changed over the last 20+ or so years but have given lots of fun so owe us nothing.

Been gifted a gorgeous sound track to Rudolph the red nosed reindeer so that's been re dubbed now.

Treated ourselves to a screening of the 1944 Snowman film.
            a nice evening.

Comment

• My Saturday night was a mixed bunch.

Once Upon a Dream - 1x 200' - Extract from Sleeping Beauty.

The Wicked Lady - 1x 600' Margaret Lockwood / James Mason

The Dirty Dozen - 2x 600' Lee Marvin / Charles Bronson etc.

The Godfather - 2x 600' - Al Pacino / Marlon Brando - A brilliant edit of a brilliant film.

Comment

• I admit I am addicted

Saturday November 7

full feature

SOME LIKE IT HOT

A very well made very funny movie!

Comment

• Just something different that I do once in a while to break up the routine:

Silents, one after another: a lot of great cinematography , and scenery and events from long ago. Some of these were even my own. Something that I've noticed lately is my son's childhood brought out my best days as a filmmaker: I rarely shoot film now that he's grown up.

It's nice because I tend to shove them aside and watch sound prints, sometimes repeated several times over a few months.

It's actually good to shift gears and leave the amp powered-down every so often.

Comment

• I’ve been in a future space with BUCK ROGERS, the 2x400“ edition starring Gil Gerard. Great cutdown; slightly faded but big entertainment!

Comment

• Finished checking the Christmas films some of which go back to the dawn of film collecting for me in the 60's. The last we ran last night were..

Big Business 1929 which I vaguely remember magnetic striping myself and adding the Compton theatre organ soundtrack.
                      Christmas comes but once a year Good old Grampy purchased from Perrys Movies a long time ago.
                      Several Derann shorts including the loved Night before Christmas plus Santa's Workshop.

Its funny but when we run these old films from our collections memories come flooding in of being a parent projecting them to children and listening to the laughter. That is another good point to being a film collector.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201108_145144.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	20528

PS Oh and Night of the Big Heat my oldest colour Standard 8 sound feature and a very popular one for Derann Films

Click image for larger version  Name:	NOTBH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	20527
                      Last edited by Lee Mannering; November 09, 2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Had a bit of a trailer hour which included a Bond reel I've just made up 50 Years of Bond-Christmas advert Diamonds are Forever and No Time to Die. I'm going to up this to YT shortly as a few collectors have asked to see it on S8. Note the creative box DORUN FILMS 😁
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05297.JPG Views:	0 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	20700

Comment

• Lee you mention "Santa's Workshop" and "Night Before Christmas", well every year we screen "A Walt Disney Christmas" about a week ago I removed both those original extracts from this film, and replaced them with the full length Derann prints with the heads and tails removed. This makes a really nice 500- 600 footer, giving a more up to date version of a "Walt Disney Christmas" with excellent color and sound from those superb Derann prints

Another Super 8 reel of bits and bobs I put together onto one Elmo 800 ft reel is this one I screened the other night. The other week I had been thinking, that its about time I got all those trailers etc onto one reel, as its more enjoyable to watch them all joined together. Once again removing all the heads and tails to give a continuous run

1.... P.G Tips....I cant remember how many, but its quite a few, excellent color and sound.
                          2.....Waterworld...trl
                          3.....Braveheart....trl
                          4.....Perfect Storm....trl
                          5......Pearl Harbor...trl
                          6......Titanic 1997 flat version trl.....I should add, I also have the Scope trl and both are excellent.
                          7.......Castaway...trl
                          8.......Lord of the Rings...trl.
                          9......Jurassic Park.....trl.
                          10.....Virgin Cinema Intro...
                          11....Dinosaur...trl.
                          12....Snow White...trl....that came with the Derann feature.
                          13....Song Of The South...trl.
                          14.....Finishing with the Disney 200 ft short Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby.

All good color but sound quality can vary a little bit.

Just a couple of screen shots.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160397.JPG Views:	0 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	20726
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160393.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	20727
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160394.JPG Views:	0 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	20728
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160410.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	20729

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160422.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	20730
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160436.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	20731
                          Dinosaur
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160398.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	20732
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160402.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	20733
                          Song Of The South
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160440.JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	20734
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160441.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.1 KB ID:	20735
                          And lastly this Disney short, that still looks really good, even after all these years.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160449.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	20736
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160455.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	20737

Comment

• Finally got round to do a few rerecording jobs so firstly the Independence Day trailer, Gone With the Wind feature and finally the 400ft Elvis Change of Habit, the easiest 400 footer I've ever done ,a good nights viewing and all sound amazing now, Mark.

Comment

• Nice Mark.
                              Graham I used to love my visits to the Virgin Cinema all golden times. From your list I have half of those titles which are really entertaining.
                              Didn't watch any S8 but did receive the news that
                              THE NEW S8 CHRISTMAS TRAILER RELEASE IS ABOUT TO HIT THE POSTAL BOX!!!! Much excitement here.

Comment

• One 800ft reel of shorts

1....Tom and Jerry...Tee for Two...Walton, nice print, very funny.
                                2....Motor Mania....Stunning color print bought new from Derann many moons ago.
                                3....Peace On Earth 1955 another stunning print. released from Red Fox Enterprises.
                                4....Suzie The Little Coupe...stunning US color print.
                                5....Tom and Jerry....Smarty Cat...excellent print also bought new from Derann on its release.

Comment

Working...
                                X