Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Boat Wille Derann Print Sepia such fun it gave me a good laugh

Comment

• TEN COMMANDMENTS A Marketing release and I've never seen such vibrant colours on one of these releases. A recent purchase but such a shame most of it was green line scratched.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TEN.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	21036

Comment

• A rare piccolo film cutdown release: THIS ISLAND EARTH (with the interesting german title „Metaluna 4 antwortet nicht“).
        Good colors and a great and entertaining 1-reeler which I found on eBay.

Comment

• London Terminus 1944 a interesting Film couple go watch a Film about Waterloo Railway Station at the station

Comment

• Terminus has frequently been shown on Talking Pictures TV in the UK, good to watch.

Comment

• Love those British YAY Transport films as well having a few although some are pretty foggy prints.

I should mention the British YAY Film Institute Blu-Ray which is quite a breath-taking watch with 20+ British Transport gems on including: Train Time, This is York, Terminus and more. A 2 disc set. Not film but quit a collection at 379 minutes over 2 discs.

Last night we watched DIE HARD again really smashing Super 8 feature

Also Mickey's Christmas Carol and my own spliced up Warner Cinema reel which at 600ft is really entertaining including Warner logos, ads, Buggs Bunny and some great daysets.

Comment

• I forgot to add that I watched the short film "Indonesia" (with bad wet gate marks and the balance stripe the wrong sides of the sprockets) as a test film in the S926GS which I managed to get to run to speed. I will have to test on another machine before I reveal what did it. All projectors need a bit of spit and polish from time to time.

Comment

• A wonderful print of Alfred Hitchcock’s masterpiece „Rebecca“ starring Laurence Olivier. A sharp and stunning image and „Mrs Danvers“ close-ups make You shiver...
                  Legendary sets and strong acting: what a film!

Comment

• The 400ft version of "The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex" Derann release, a Buck Labs print on "Eastman 3" stock which seems very close to LPP in quality - no fade seen. All the Warner regulars make this a very good 17 minutes.

Comment

• Tonight, it was the optical sound feature, Lone Wolf Mcquade!

Comment

• Last night from 7pm to 11:30pm including intermission I enjoyed Gone With the Wind.

A very good night in the movie room. Full length on super eight magnetic mono sound (4 x 1200')

😀

Comment

• Just the Derann Std 8 200ft of Psycho to test my Eumig 810D. I think the lamp connector has gone as it went out in the last seconds, but the speed seemed OK.

Comment

• I did a silly thing last week, got my finger quickly caught between the turning top sprocket and lens holder when closing it. The force was enough to push the lens holder down ever though the two screws were tight. That meant I had to set up a constant test loop in Scope for getting things back to where they should be.

The final thing was to run a Scope film..."The Neverending Story"

So folks be careful where you stick your finger in moving machinery...it does hurt.

Name:	P1160285.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	22060

Name:	P1140521.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	22061

Name:	P1140522.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	22062

Name:	P1160297.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	22063

Name:	P1160315.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	22064

Name:	P1160332.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	22065

Comment

• I've just watched a great German silent film : Spies (1928), full of actions. I projected with my Fumeo 9119 at 18 fps and, although it's a two blade shutter, I had no flickering, which happens sometimes. Had to use the Fumeo since the film was mounted on a 750 m/2.500 ft spool. It could hold on a 600 m/2000 ft but I don't have any empty left. Because of corona, I couldn't (like anyone in Europe) attend any film fair this year (except Argenteuil, in January) and the spools sold on ebay tend to be too expensive (and when they are not, the shipping costs make them unreasonable to buy).

Comment

• Another great silent film : The Passion Of Jeanne d'Arc (probably not the most beloved historical character in theUK ). The film is on standard/regular 8 and mounted on a (too) large spool. Carl Dreyer shot La passion de Jeanne d'Arc in 1927. It was originally intended to be a sound film but due to technical reasons it had to be a silent film and the result is special.

Name:	IMG_20201205_213008.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	22393 ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X