No announcement yet.

What Blu-Ray did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights entertainment, the enchanting and beautifully atmospheric LADY IN WHITE (1 Click image for larger version

Name:	81JvLwYtopL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	44965 988)

Comment

• We watched the follow on from the 80s Blade Runner, my better half did not think much about it but I did I though it was well done with the story following on well from the original. A few months ago I also picked up the soundtrack LP in a second hand store, I will add this this particular Hans Zimmer soundtrack is not for everyone. Hans Zimmer has taken quite a different approach to this soundtrack compared to the original "Blade Runner", personally I like the 80s original a lot more.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1210088.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	45012

Name:	P1210089.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	45013

Name:	P1210090.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	45014
      The LP....

Name:	P1210085.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	45015

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
        We watched the follow on from the 80s Blade Runner, my better half did not think much about it but I did I though it was well done with the story following on well from the original. A few months ago I also picked up the soundtrack LP in a second hand store, I will add this this particular Hans Zimmer soundtrack is not for everyone. Hans Zimmer has taken quite a different approach to this soundtrack compared to the original "Blade Runner", personally I like the 80s original a lot more.

Name:	P1210088.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	45012

Name:	P1210089.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	45013

Name:	P1210090.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	45014
        The LP....

Name:	P1210085.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	45015
        One of my favorites of the last few years! Great movie in my opinion and solid sequel to the classic original.

Comment

• Tonight it was the turn of "The Pianist" outstanding movie in every way, I can only guess that after filming Adrien Brody must have been exhausted, that was a tough role to play.

Name:	P1210103.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	45060

Name:	P1210104.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	45061

Comment

• The Pianist is truly an outstanding film and also streams on Netflix at the moment. One of the best on the subject matter.

Comment

• It certainly is.

The last statement on the cover of the CD by Roman Polanski sums it up.

I had a listen to the soundtrack today, its been years since I last put it on.

Name:	P1210115.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	45128

Name:	P1210114.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	45129

Name:	P1210116.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	45130

Name:	P1210118.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	45131

Name:	P1210120.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	410.3 KB
ID:	45132

Comment

• The new Steve the Horse Collection bluray which also includes Below Rio along with other items.

Also Darkest Hour 4k UHD my fave
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Horror Express rip roaring horror movie in the style of Hammer or Tigon with a. double pairing of Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing with Telly Salvalas thrown in as a Cossack officer.

Blast from the past as I had at least two prints of this on super 8 at 5x400 length. Those prints had pinky issues. A number of DVD prints were available some pirate or public domain again with issues.

The Arrow Blu ray is an immense upgrade in print and sound on what has been available before and the price has dropped to £8. 4 neat documentary shorts are also included in the package

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
                  • Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
                  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
                  • Original Uncompressed mono audio
                  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
                  • Brand new audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
                  • Introduction to the film by film journalist and Horror Express super-fan Chris Alexander
                  • Murder on the Trans-Siberian Express an interview with director Eugenio Martin
                  • Notes from the Blacklist Horror Express producer Bernard Gordon on working in Hollywood during the McCarthy Era
                  • Telly and Me an interview with composer John Cacavas
                  • Original Theatrical Trailer
                  • Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
                  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully-illustrated collector s booklet with new writing by Adam Scovell
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Mike,

I love this film, it's atmospheric and well written. I'll have to get this Blu-ray, not only for the extras but also for the audio since I have a nice color 2x400' German sound cutdown that's patiently waiting to be re-recorded.

Comment

• King Kong Vs Godzilla 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
                        Mike,

I love this film, it's atmospheric and well written. I'll have to get this Blu-ray, not only for the extras but also for the audio since I have a nice color 2x400' German sound cutdown that's patiently waiting to be re-recorded.
                        Doug

Remember you need a multi region Blu ray as Arrow releases are Region B.

I bought Dressed to Kill at same time. I haven’t watched it yet. That’s a title that doesn’t turn up to often on 8mm sales lists.

Comment

• Mike,

Thank you for pointing that out.

Comment

• Came across this one the other day, so thought I would give it a go. Using the Epson VP last night, it really came across with some of the most stunning photography I have ever seen. The folk featured, are living life right to the edge and visually its captured incredibly well. Although its states a 2:35:1 ratio. The picture ratio seemed more like 2:20:1 which is my favorite ratio. Both picture and sound 5:1 was excellent. "Mountain" is narrated by Willem Dafoe.

If you want to watch something that is truly "spectacular" you can't get better than this.

Name:	P1210124.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	45327

Comment

• Dressed to Kill Brian de Palma explicit Hitchcock type thriller movie. Another Arrow release. Neat print and sound with staggering 7 documentaries. This is the R rated version which is different from any tv version and the old super 8 mini digest feature. So expect more nudity and explicit violence and strong language. They actually have a film comparison documentary which shows the differences watching Angie in the shower 🙄being sliced up in the elevator, Nancy’s chat with Michael Caine and the final dream sequence.

Product Description

THE LATEST FASHION IN MURDER

After sexually frustrated housewife Kate Miller (Angie Dickinson) has a session with her psychiatrist Dr Elliott (Michael Caine), she silently seduces a man in an art gallery, an assignation that ends in murder and the only witness, high-class prostitute Liz Blake (Nancy Allen) being stalked by the killer in turn.

One of Brian De Palma's darkest and most controversial suspense thrillers, Dressed to Kill was as acclaimed for its stylish set-pieces and lush Pino Donaggio score as it was condemned for its sexual explicitness and blatant borrowings from Alfred Hitchcock in general and Psycho in particular.

But the glee with which De Palma turns this material inside out is completely infectious, as he delves deep inside the troubled psyches of his characters (critic Pauline Kael said that the film was "permeated with the distilled essence of impure thoughts") in order to undermine expectations at every turn.

Special Features:

<ul type="disc">
                              • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature
                              • Optional original uncompressed Mono 2.0 Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround Sound
                              • Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
                              • Symphony of Fear: Producer George Litto discusses his working relationship with Brian De Palma
                              • Dressed in White: Star Angie Dickinson on her role in the film
                              • Dressed in Purple: Star Nancy Allen discusses her role in the film
                              • Lessons in Filmmaking: Actor Keith Gordon discusses Dressed to Kill
                              • The Making of a Thriller A documentary on the making of Dressed to Kill featuring writer-director Brian De Palma, George Litto, stars Angie Dickinson, Nancy Allen, Dennis Franz and more!
                              • Unrated, R-Rated, and TV-Rated Comparison Featurette
                              • Slashing Dressed to Kill Brian De Palma and stars Nancy Allen and Keith Gordon discuss the changes that had to be made to avoid an X-rating
                              • Original Theatrical Gallery
                              • Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanel Marsh
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Last nights screening was the one and only classic PHANTASM! One of favorites. Click image for larger version

Name:	BA1FEB20-5A57-4812-BDB6-F772607D4666.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	45440

Comment

Working...
                                X