No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the Derann release of the very British release of Quatermas 2. Its a great watch but shame its been cut by about 25mins leaving about an hour of the feature.
    Last edited by Kevin Faulkner; April 18, 2023, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• kevin, i know i have the 400/4 somewhere on standard 8, great hammer early pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Faulkner View Post
        Just watched the Derann release of the very British release of Quatermas 2. Its a great watch but shame its been cut by about 25mins leaving about an hour of the feature.
        Unfrotunately a term of the contracts for release at the time. The companies who owned the rights didn't want 8mm sales and rental to impact on the 16mm hire market.

Comment

• Last night The Neverending Story 600ft Derann plus the trailer (Steel Valley) of There's no Business Like Show Business (faded) and the last reel of the feature from Derann on LPP.

Comment

• I still watch "The Neverending Story" every so often Brian, its certainly an excellent Scope digest and most likely one of the most popular,

Comment

• North By North West Cary Grant Eva Marie Saint James Mason Excellent Color

Comment

• Part 2 of Die Hard III (the subway train bomb chase) a White Box Special, great colour but some small horizontal marks in places.

Comment

• The Golden Voyage of Sinbad - Piccolo Film 400'

A nicely edited digest with good color, though a bit grainy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Golden Voyage  Piccolo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	440.5 KB ID:	79045 Click image for larger version  Name:	GVS1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.9 KB ID:	79048
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	GVS2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.2 KB ID:	79047 Click image for larger version  Name:	GVS3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	79046

Comment

• Tonight we watched Blackhawk prints of Your Darn Tootin followed by Barney Oldfield's Race For A Life.
                    Both super 8 with soundtrack.

Comment

• For me mainly triklers Murphey's War, Cleopatra, The Passage, Theatre of Blood, The Longest Day, Annie, followed by the last part of Walton's 4x400ft of Hannie Clader - all 'scope.

Only the last part so I could get to bed early to get up to go to todays BFCC, I'm about to set out now

Comment

• Zack,

At last week's CineSea, one of the many prints screened on Saturday night was a Blackhawk of You're Darn Tootin'. Very funny film and also a nice print.

Comment

• Hey Doug, I just recently acquired this sound version, before that I only a silent print. This felt like a particular upgrade. The sound track is very tastefully done and with all the music related scenes the sound effects add a lot to this silent film.
                          ​​​​

Comment

• Lst night all but one of the films I bought at the BFCC a 200ft cinemascope tour of London produced by Tony at the Widescreen Cantre, a 200ft of The Perishers cartoon "Dog Training" and the Derann 400ft cut down of New York, New York (Liza Minelli and Robert De Nero), al cleaned and lubricated first. I'll watch the other tonigh, possibly on the Sankyo 700 projector I bought there, after testing it with a "scrap" 200ft bought without title for £1. (Try buying an empty 200ft reel for that on EBay!!)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E9BDE093-803C-4628-BB7B-0C0916C28174.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	79496 Some Derann Disneys. Steamboat Willie, Mad Doctor , Lonesome Ghosts and Thru the Mirror Click image for larger version  Name:	9FBB0484-F39D-4A33-81DE-BEC1B85A7B61.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	79499 Click image for larger version  Name:	3F938150-E78E-4683-8972-FBBF357A0FA1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.3 KB ID:	79498 Click image for larger version  Name:	7EFBFAB4-80F8-4941-BCD1-EB7D14348EC5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	79497 Click image for larger version  Name:	B99880AB-3FCB-42F3-9F52-20F789AC6886.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.5 KB ID:	79495 Click image for larger version  Name:	6EF1833B-3CA6-44AC-8FEE-5A80C193ED68.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	79494

Comment

• An Agfa stock copy (silent) of the Tom & Jerry "The Truce Hurts" that I seem to have bought for 50p at a BFCC a few decades ago to test the new projector. This was followed by a good (not perfect) colour copy of Anchors Away and a 600 ft reel of trailersincluding Straw Dogs, Dog Day Afterneen, Taxi Driver, Raiders of the Lost Ark, 2001, Atilla the Hun and many more.

Comment

Working...
                                X