Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight: all Super-8, all Derann

Sounds of Arizona ('scope)
    Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Fantasia Extract)
    Two reels (of Four) of Carry on Camping (Reels 3 and 4 tomorrow...)

(Things being what they are, it's the only Camping I will get for a while!)

Comment

• For me, being a steam buff, it was the 4 x 400 Super 8 (Powell Films I think), traction engine film "The Iron Maiden" , known in the US as "The Swingin' Maiden" followed by Derann's 4 x 400 Super 8 "The Titfield Thunderbolt" then to round off the evening, "Oh Mr Porter!" Starring the great Will Hay, Moore Marriott and Graham Moffatt. Something to get all steamed up about.

Comment

• As I saw the traction (technically a showman's) engine The Iron Maiden at a steam fair several years later I can confirm that "no traction engines were harmed in the production of this film".

I'll have to watch my 400ft cut down of that tonight, plus my home movie of the rally!!

Comment

• CARRY ON DOCTOR Collectors Club and Making of Dracula A.D.1972 very nice

Ended the show with a 16mm short Mr Pastry DONT SPREAD INFLUENZA just to cheer ourselves up.
          You can watch it here.

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/d...richard+hearne

Comment

• today Derann's 600ft digest of GENEVIEVE, great film and great digest!

Comment

• Friday evening
              March 27 2020

orphans of the storm from 1921 by DW Griffith a silent picture with a musical score

this really was a silent picture with no magnetic track attached to the film so I went to YouTube and downloaded the movie sound as an MP3 and then burned it to DVD and played it with the projector running the film print and ironically it worked out quite well even though there was no sync device

I enjoy this hobby immensely but even more when things like this just work out to be superb

Comment

• The 400 Footer "Between the Tides": a DCR print of a British Transport Film short about sea-life and shore birds along the Welsh coast.

-Plus-

Southern Pacific Steam, Volumes I through IV, a 4x200' Sunday River Productions film series that some thoughtful Railfan/Film Collector spliced together on an Elmo 800 Foot reel (Just so I could lay on the couch for a while!)

This is Southern Pacific steam locomotives of all kinds, mostly operating in the San Francisco area at the close of Steam in the 1950s.

For some reason I couldn't begin to explain if you gave me a week to do it, these two films just seemed to belong together tonight! (It was just their night: they may never meet again!)

Comment

• Tonight's films where CAPRICORN ONE 600ft scope digest from Derann and MONSTER FROM UNDER THE SEA Disney's 200ft extract from 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA

Comment

• For me it was "Ask a Policeman" 4 x 400 starring the great Will Hay with Moore Marriott and Graham Moffatt. One of my best lines from this film is when Will and his two sidekicks are conducting a speed trap in a 30mph limit and stop a car which they claim was doing 60mph. The driver claims to have only been doing 20mph, to which Will replies "Well, there are three of us!" A timeless classic.

Comment

• Here in Bogota, Colombia, we are locked down because of COVID 19. So for the sake of our comunal sanity and hope, last night I screened Chaplin's MODERN TIMES at the parking lot of the condo where we live so people could watch the film with their families from their apartments. Next week I will screen CASABLANCA.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• We watched "Firefox" (Clint Eastwood) 1984 Super 8 optical sound feature.

Comment

• 42nd Street, Derann 2x400ft edited into correct order. Unfortunately a slight frame line and contract difference between parts.

Comment

• last night's film was CAPTAIN AMERICA 800ft scope digest

Comment

• The Titfield Thunderbolt Reels 1 and 4, Derann, Buck Labs, Fuji and a bit pink.

Comment

• ALL those films watched above are gems on film excellent titles.

After giving out the Hippodrome cinema tickets we watched

It's in the Air 1938 and Sing as we go 1934. Both very cheery films and also handed out the song sheets so we could join in. So much fun with film!

Sing as we go and let the world go by
                                Singing a song, we march along the highway
                                Say goodbye to sorrow
                                There's always tomorrow to think of today

Sing as we go, although the skies are grey
                                Beggar or king, you've got to sing a gay tune
                                A song and a smile make it right worthwhile
                                So sing, as we go along

Blues, where are you now
                                You oughta know that I've no use for you
                                Frown, get off my brow
                                It's plain to see that from now on we're through
                                Take to the south and sing morning and night
                                I see a better day coming in sight

Say goodbye to sorrow

Sing as we go although the skies are grey
                                A song and a smile making life worthwhile
                                So sing, as we go along

(Ay you, I've just got me gloves out of pawn, hee-ee)
                                Say goodbye to sorrow
                                (Hello, Charlie, I'm late again? Am I? You'll get used to it
                                Sing as we go although the skies are grey
                                (Gee, it's good to be back again)
                                A song and a smile make it right worthwhile
                                So sing-sing-sing-sing
                                As we go, a-long

One day I may see some Ferannia S8 film to put on those splicers :-(

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04769.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	6819

Comment

Working...
                                X