Clear All

Friday February 14

COCOON Full length feature
    trailers Ghostbusters Splash Wargames

also

Alakazam the great full length feature
    my First cinema scope optical super eight print of all time

Comment

I took a short break from computer editing tonight. Watched my favorite Super 8mm digest The African Queen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	The Aftrican Queen (1951).jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	4080 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200215_084713.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	4095
      Last edited by Janice Glesser; February 15, 2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

My Saturday night in front of the silver screen was a little shorter than usual tonight.

Nevertheless, I got through.....

2x 400' From Russia....With Elton - Had to watch this again after both seeing Rocketman and reading his autobiography recently.

3x 400' The Elstree Story - Picked up a fabulous book recently at the local charity shop for 50p with the same title. Absorbing stuff from cover to cover.

Comment

Finally got round to doing some Stereo re records for myself again and completed the 400ft Raiders of the Lost Ark yay! Boy it makes one hell of a difference to the view for sure. A cleverly edited film really and a nice souvenir evoking memories when we went with friends to see the film in a brand new multiplex back then.
          I think I'm right its getting a short re release in the USA during this year?

Comment

A reel of "White box Specials" (reversed prints) I made up over the years. The long trailed for Psycho with Hitch walking round the sets, Engine Driver (the run form London to Manchester), Thru the Mirror (Mickey Mouse) and Snow Business (Sylvester trying to eat Tweety and a mouse trying to eat Sylvester when they are snowed into a cabin with only birdseed to eat). All first class quality, they were very good value for money especially when I find time to set aup a mirror to project them (not last night).

Comment

….seems to have been a busy Saturday night in celluloid land! All for the right reasons!

Comment

Fired up my Eumig 824 tonight for an evening with the Marx Bros. A Night in Casablanca (1947) may not be one of their best movies, but there are some priceless scenes that always make me laugh. My print is a 4x400 set standard 8mm sound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A night in casablanca (1947).jpg
Views:	692
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	4223Click image for larger version

Name:	a night in casablanca boxes.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	4224

Comment

Feature Casablanca 1942
                  Bogart & Bacall

Trailers

Monday February 17th

Comment

Watched my 800ft compilation of all the dance numbers from Singin' in the Rain (1952). Although colors are turning... with my new Sankyo 1.1 lens and a filter it looked pretty darn good. I never seem to get tired of watching Gene Kelly and Donald O'conner dance in unison. It's simply amazing!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Singin' in the Rain (1952).jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	4298Click image for larger version  Name:	Singin' in the Rain 800 Reel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.2 KB ID:	4299
                    Last edited by Janice Glesser; February 18, 2020, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Recently had a silent movie night at my local library! The feature was the 1928 "Northern", THE MICHIGAN KID, which was preceded by the 1919 Harold Lloyd one-reeled DON'T SHOVE.
                      Live piano accompaniment was provided by local pianist and recording artist Jenn DeSantis. She said she had only played for silents a couple times in college, but to listen to her play, it sounded like she had been doing this for years!

Comment

This is so cool Nate! .... and glad you got your projector up and running for the task.

Comment

Saturday night February 22, 2020

Full length feature on super eight

Gary Cooper Grace Kelly Highnoon

Comment

City Of Sailors (Portsmouth, a Look at Life), Pathe Weekly News 1967 and the trailers for Son of Frankenstein and Ghost of Frankenstein all bought at Farnworth yesterday.

Comment

Great minds think alike, Brian ! That is exactly what I did!

Got home from a superb day at Farnworth, filled my stomach, then cranked up the projector to start trawling through my haul.

The ones I viewed were....

Where Jesus Walked 1x 400' - A Columbia release I have never seen before. Basically, retelling the story of Jesus at the places in the Holy Land where the events had taken place. Very enjoyable, I must say.

Bruce Lee - The Man,The Myth - 1x 400' - One of the extracts available from The Bruce Lee Story starring Bruce Li - Very good colour.

Village of Violas 1x 200' - A Look At Life feature of the Austrian city they are made.

Men Of The Snowy - 1x 200' - Another LAL focusing on the building of a Dam in Australia to reroute two rivers to create fertile land.

George Burns and Gracie Allen Christmas Show 1x 600' - Never come across this little gem before. Very funny.

(Lee - Does this list sound familiar?)

Comment

Reel one of Bogart's episode of Hollywood and the Stars, from Farnworth.

Comment

Working...
                                X