What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good show Melv

Still sifting the last few archive shots for CIM 2 and watched the much loved by us Derann Christmas Open Day I filmed in oh 2005. Got in that time before the day started to get some early setting up shots.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DRXmasLM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.6 KB ID:	4750 Please to say I salvaged some of those Xmas decorations at the builders site clearance and pop them up each year.

Had half an hour left so started to watch ISLAND OF TERROR on 8 from Derann. 5X400ft (on 3X600) It was issued in the 1960's and prior to finding this print I used to hire it from the shop film library back in el day. Twas a popular rental this one..

Click image for larger version  Name:	iot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	4751

Met Peter a few times usually in his local Cafe and this was his house, nice to visit every now and again.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PCHLM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	4752 He painted in the loft studio overlooking the sea..Memories again

Comment

Last weekend

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110463.JPG
Views:	699
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	4786Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110599.JPG
Views:	691
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	4787Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110613.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	4788Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110506.JPG
Views:	707
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	4789

Comment

Since "daylight savings time" (or is it the other way around?) is starting up in a few weeks, we've been watching a lot more super 8!

In this last week.

Futureword optical sound Fuji print, no fade whatsoever, yay!
        Force 10 from Navarone optical, another unfaded
        People That Time Forgot also unfaded.

I've been pretty lucky in my collection!

Comment

Osi Osgood "No Fading".... You are very lucking with those titles!!!! ....AND the only two things good about Standard Time is getting that extra hour of sleep and being able to watch films very early in the evening.

Comment

Night of the Big Heat another Derann 8mm release from the early 70's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nightofbigheat30.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	4848 As the Elmo was in full steam also watched some James Cagney trailers.

Comment

"Night Of The Big Heat" is one of my all time favourites, I'd love to have a print of that myself.

Comment

Tuesday February 25

HARRY & SON

Full length / Optical

Feature only no trailers or shorts

Comment

Thursday late afternoon matinee

Full feature only with musical score

DW Griffith's Intolerance

Comment

My little theater has been dark a couple of weeks: we went out to Indiana and Illinois to check out colleges for my son, and life in general has gotten in the way (-no complaint: life is good! -ponder the alternative!)

Tonight I had an all Super-8 night: no 16mm, no digital video (not that we don't appreciate them: it's just not their night!)

I did a broad smattering: all the way from a Blackhawk railroad film to my Derann Pastoral Symphony (Fantasia) with many other stops in between.

I think it pays to step back every so often: it's surprising (all over again) how beautiful these films can look and sound up on a big screen.

(-think I'll do it again tomorrow!)

Comment

• Last night the Derann 2x400ft of Footlight Parade and the Terrytoon Mouse Madness.

Comment

• Meanwhile...…..250 miles north of Brian, the film show going on in my neck of the woods consisted of....

1x 600' Evergreen - Jessie Mathews (No real story plot on this edit.....just a heap of dance routines)

1x 600' The Wicked Lady - Margaret Lockwood (Never seen this before....really good)

1x 200' The Lion (Cartoon)

1x 200' The Platypus (Cartoon)

Comment

• Last night watched "Letter from an unknown woman", regular 8 5x 400, Louis Jourdan , Joan Fontaine. A Universal picture from 1948 directed by Max Orphuls. This is a great film beautifully shot and a real tear jerker. I just love the older films, they have a certain magic that I feel is missing in a lot of films made today.Most of my films are regular 8 , I am always looking for more to add to my collection.

Comment

• Standard 8 evening last night with the Eumig 810D Cleopatra 200ft silent Cecil B DeMille, Bug Bunny-Elmers Pet Rabbit B&W silent (both with subtitles), Smithy - Stan Laurel and Belle, Bare and Beautiful 400ft B&W sound. I seem to have a lampholder problem with this machine, it cuts out when it warms up, good job I bought one at Farnworth.

Comment

• SPACEBALLS .... THE MOVIE! Super 8 optical sound!

Comment

• Osi Osgood Spaceballs ... one of my all time favorites.

Barf:
                                I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X