What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Armer View Post
    Is this a sound print or silent? If it's silent did you watch it with a soundtrack playing?
    There is a magnetic track but no sound on it (as the film runs at 18 fps, I assume a previous owner had the film striped but never recorded music on it). Another task for my already long to-do list...

Comment

• We watched our new acquisition, "Abbot and Costello trailer reel. 400ft. Fun!

Comment

• One Elmo 800ft reel of....

1.....Tom and Jerry in "Tee for Two".....very nice print .
        2....."Motor Mania" Disney, Stunning color print bought new from Derann many moons ago
        3....."Piece On Earth" 1955 another stunning color print. I think this one is from Red Fox.
        4.....Suzie The Little Coupe.....brilliant film and again another stunning color print
        5.....Tom and Jerry in "Smarty Cat" 1955 bought new from Derann, brilliant color print, its the only T/J film I can think of, that features an evening of home movies.

Comment

• last night another classic music; seven brides for seven brothers dy derann,excelent color,i got the sound recorded now in stereo

Comment

• We enjoyed watching a "You bet Your Life" TV show on super 8! It had some interesting surprises. At the beginning, the previous owner had placed a trailer for a Groucho Marx film, "A Girl In Every Port", and, at the end of the episode, it had that next episode would be sponsored by "Prom", which was an ad with both Harpo and Chico as well, so I have all three Marx Brothers unexpectedly!

Comment

• Three films from the last film fair I attended in the UK. First, a "curiousity" : film from a serie called "Cine Action Effects". I wonder what it was intended for. It runs at 24 fps but has no soundtrack. Colours are still good. Then a film I received for free (thanks a lot !) because it's in French : Le dernier combat de Big le tueur" (Big The Killer's Last Fight), an extract from a western but I don't know which one. Good colours as well. Then, the MGM Studio Tour, a 1925 film that shows...the MGM studios. When you love silent films, it's a fantastic document. This film is printed on colours stock, fortunately not faded, so it has a nice "sepia" look. There is a magnetic track but without sound on it (sounds familiar). The film runs at 18 fps and is (now) mounted ona 240m/800ft spool.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211111_102635.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	46635 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211111_102645.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	46636

Comment

• The glorious Derann print of HIGHLANDER, starring Christophe(r) Lambert, Roxanne Hart and Sean Connery, which is a festival of Movie Making. The director of photography Gerry Fisher created the most spectacular camera moves and cuts and „makes You feel“ to be part of the action. And the Queen/Michael Kamen soundtrack is epic anyway. What a movie!
                Derann did a great job here and the colour and sharpness is an eyecatcher! (You can even see the wires for the flying effects!)
                And You can experience more than the BluRay can offer, because (like in „Goldfinger“ or „The Terminator“) they didn’t mask the image. So the aspect ratio changes from scene to scene and some of the special effects begin „outside“ the image - or You can see the roof of the studio while Clancy Brown fights Sean Connery to the Top of the tumbling home of MacLeod!
                A feature which belongs to the big screen.

Comment

• After TOO long a break since my last Film-Show in April - due to circumstances.... finally I should now have a clear schedule to be able to run films twice a week through the winter up here 🤞🙂

So last night (and a couple of weeks late for the aptly titled) Eisenstein's 'Oktober/Ten Days That Shook The World' - 4x400' running time of 87.5mins using my Bauer T600...pics to follow...

Comment

• Comment

• Last night 2 Tom & Jerry "The Dog House" and "His Mouse Friday", Buggs and Sam in "Buckaneer Bunny" plus part one of Disney's version of "Cinderella". (the rest is for tonight.

Comment

• Watched a few of my birthday treats including the excellent Austin Powers Madonna music video YEAH BABY YEAH! Turned up the HID Elmo GS1200 volume on that one a so enjoyable. Special thanks to Reel Image for that one.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20211110_172705 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	46857

Comment

• Our postponed Halloween show due to monsoon weather.
                          Among other films HALLOWEEN KILLS Scope S8 trailer 2021 Back to the Elmo.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	hk22 Scope.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	46866

Comment

• last night a comedy; those magnificent men and their crazy flynng machines,great scope print from derann

Comment

• Just the trailer for South Pacific and Wombles Circus featuring the voice of Bernard Cribbins, I went shopping in Wimbledon today but didn't see any wombles then.

Comment

• Full length Disney Song of the South
                                Faded mono sound Italian language
                                This print had no balance stripe. I wonder if that makes it more rare?

Comment

Working...
                                X