No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My celluloid delight tonight consisted of.......

Rollercoaster Rabbit - 1x 200' stereo cartoon featuring Roger Rabbit

Death on The Nile (1978) - 2x 1200' optical sound feature. Colour was faded a bit, but, hey, as long as it is not a scratchy print it is still very watchable so not a problem. A great "whodunnit."

Comment

• I was screening the marketing-film 3-parter of „The Ten Commandments“ and had an amazing 50 minutes experience. And although the cutdown is a little rough it is a little treasure.

Comment

• Such beautiful colour on 10 Commandments from Marketing and of course really epic. My print sits in the 70mm releases pile of S8 titles for added enjoyment.
        A DP70 projector sold fairly recently over here, tempting but don't have the space and the majority of the old prints are pink or well on the way.

Death on the Nile is a great movie Melvin

Been soak testing my final conversion of a Eumig sound projector to HID lighting, not quite finished but getting there making a total of 5 in operation.

Watched the Skyfall intro reel Scope a amazing new print followed by The Snowman ( colour is shifting now on this grrr) Finished with Mickeys Christmas Carol and
        3D Standard 8 SPOOKS which I got as a boy advertised in a newspaper I seem to remember and still in its little yellow packet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spookss.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	22411

Comment

• „The Snowman“... Twice a year and beautiful as always...

Comment

• Tom and Jerry compilation shown to my grandson today he's 5 loved it just goes to show classic good cartoons are timeless

Comment

• I ran two different movies last night with about 15 minutes between the two different titles

Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy march of the wooden soldiers which is also known as babes in toyland

The second movie was Star Trek generations in scope and stereo sound and I was surprised to find that the recording on the print gave my sound system one heck of a work out the subwoofer was amazing

🤪

Comment

• A standard 8 B&W reel of Island of Terror. I bought this second hand many years ago, it seems to be the latter part of the film but with splices and jumps to the story, but it only cost £4 so I can't complain. The old Eumig 710D, after treatment to the rubber discs did take a minute or so to come up to speed as it had been stored in a cold room so the lubrication was a but sticky but ran fine after it had warmed up. Rewind wasn't too good though, I had to do that at 18fps.

Comment

• A film I made with Dad in 1975 of Blackpool Illuminations in the pouring rain using our new Sankyo sound cine camera. Dad did a live commentary at the time.
                  Returned yesterday to relive the moment filming it with my Scope Super 8 rig trying to stick to the same route

Comment

• That's really neat, Lee. Back in my teenage years I shot Super-8 with my Dad shooting 35mm slides right next to me. Every so often I project one of those old films and all of a sudden he drifts into frame. It's good to see him in action again!

-the scary part is he's younger than I am now!

Comment

• Nice memories Steve. I'm guessing we purchased the new Direct sound S8 camera with some of my fee from acting in Bugsy Malone. As Dad did the live commentary you can hear me giggling when filming.
                      oo the memories...

Just powered down the Elmo been watching some British Transport films from the steam years. We are blessed so many made it to 8mm.
                      Ended with those Christmas wishes from the stars and both stood up for The Queen. The Elmo stayed sat as it's getting a little heavy

Comment

• December 9
                        Another double header

L&H Swiss Miss
                        with short Occurrence @ Owl Creek Bridge

intermission (machines off)

Bruce Willis
                        Die Hard scope stereo
                        with trailers
                        West Side Story
                        Sound of Music
                        Star Wars Trilogy *

* The one that starts off with a small television screen and then blasts off into scope!

Comment

• Bit of a solo nostalgia show for me from over the years collecting and my original 1970's Eumig upgraded to f1.2 lens.

Ukelele Man early one from Derann and others.

Also Pathe news 1967 with such vivid colours, pin sharp and could almost be mistaken for 35mm...nearly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PN2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	22688Click image for larger version  Name:	PN1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	22689
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	EE1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	22690

ELIZABETHAN EXPRESS A wonderful 20 minute steam locomotive ride and I love those shots of the children looking amazed at things whizzing by. Makes you want to be 6 all over again!

Comment

• ​​​​​​The Island, 2005,.
                            fantastic full feature in scope,

Comment

• Lee, when I mentioned the high quality of the newsreels to Derek he said that they had 16mm reduction negatives taken off the original 35mm negatives, which cut out stages and kept the quality.

Comment

• Just finished the beautiful print of „Show Boat“ which is so wonderful on the big screen. Ava Gardner - what an actress!
                                Kathryn Grayson - what a voice!
                                Super 8 at its very best!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X