No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the "The Three Musketeers" (Gene Kelly). At least the first three parts of the Derann 5X600ft. A lovely LPP print with rich colours. The rest tonight.

I started late due to some fencing I had to do myself, not with swords but wood and nails in the garden a she recent weather here has caused some damage.

Comment

• February is almost done................

Click the picture to open it up.

Codes after the titles:

1-2-3-4 etc = reflects the total for the given month note it resets between Jan & February.

S8 Super 8

(F)lat (S)cope

Comment

• My last film show of the month up in the Man Cave looked like this.....

1x 50' Father of The Bride Trailer - Steve Martin

1x 100' West Side Story Trailer

1x 200' Fiddler On The Roof Promo. - A sort of "taste of what is coming soon" film as opposed to a proper trailer.

1x 400' King Solomon's Mines - Stewart Grainger. Not seen this one for ages.

1x 400' Logan's Run - Once again not seen for ages but completely worth it for the 3 seconds or so we get to see Jenny Agutter starkers!* Colour is still good.

4x 400' Higher and Higher - Frank Sinatra. The only black and white one amongst them.

*Starkers = completely naked.

Comment

• Hi Melvin,
          Quite the variety in the film show there! A nice evening of film for you in the Man Cave. I am now on the hunt for a print of Logan's Run, one of my favorite films...

Comment

• On this side of the pond, the availability of this title seems to have dwindled over the years. It was quite common in the 1990's but try and find a copy now....! It is housed in one of those MGM clam cases for your info. as you are searching. I am not sure whether it ever made it full length to super 8 or not, or whether it could be one of those rare optical prints perhaps ? Certainly, this 400'er is very well edited.

Comment

• Last nigh a couple of 'scope extracts from Walton. Summer Holiday (effectively the first 2 reels of the feature) then Daleks Invasion Earth 2150AD plus the trailer (both extracts seem to be one the same stock an Eastman variey but one part is going brown, the other has great colur.

As for Logan's Run it is in the Little Mermaid Derann catalogue full length scope as a Kempski release.

Comment

• A real mixed bags of goodies up in the Man Cave this Saturday night.

The list reads like this.......

1x 50' Independence Day - Trailer

1x 50' A Bugs Life - Trailer

1x 75' The Sound of Music - Trailer - Flat version which I have just discovered is completely different to my 'scope trailer.

1x 50' Twister - Trailer

1x 200' Private Life of The Cuckoo

1x 200' Planet of The Apes - Charlton Heston

1x 200' Las Vegas Travelogue (P.M.Films)

1x 200' Grand Canyon Travelogue (P.M.Films)

1x 400' Duel - Spielberg classic.

4x 400' Reg'lar Fellers - Billy Lee as Pinhead Duffy and Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer as Bump Hudson.

Comment

• As I suggested n a nother thread "Dracula Has Risen from the Grave" (Derann "Import" on Agfa with titles in German, but English sound) as a tribute to Veronica Carlson. Plus a silent 50ft of film I took at the tramway museum in Crich some years ago.

Comment

• Another variety night up in the Man Cave tonight.

It went like this....

1x 50' - Close Encounters of The Third Kind Trailer

1x 50' - G.I.Blues Trailer - Elvis

1x 125' - Easter Parade / Bitter Sweet Trailers

1x 400' - The Greatest Film Directors - from the Hollywood and The Stars series with special attention to Cecil B.DeMille, Orson Welles and Alfred Hitchcock

1x 400' - Lawrence of Arabia - Peter O'Toole

1x 400' - Taxi Driver - Robert De Niro

1x 400' - True Grit - John Wayne

1x 400' - The Odessa File - Jon Voight

1x 400' - All The Presidents Men - Dustin Hoffman

1x 400' - Roustabout - Elvis

1x 400' - An American in Paris - Gene Kelly

Comment

• I received my Elmo (ST1200D) back from Bill Parsons last week and I couldn't be happier! Whilst I have had 16mm to keep me occupied, I've not been able to watch any Super 8 for about two years.
                      I've been through the Incredible Hulk (2x400'), a few Tom & Jerry and Road Runner cartoons, and trailers Highlander, Gremlins, ET, Naked Gun 33 1/3 (x2), Star Wars, Saving Private Ryan, Blair Witch Project, and Alien. It's nice to be able to run a few trailers before a movie again.

Comment

• Melvin, yes, Logan's Run made it onto super 8 as a scope feature! Colors are superb, much better than the DVD, I have not seen the Blu-ray.

Comment

• RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (Scope) Super 8:

Click image for larger version

Name:	8A71758C-02DF-4A61-89C3-E55BBF79D705.jpeg
Views:	326
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	56202 Click image for larger version

Name:	AB5649E8-0F0A-4C40-B2D9-337A792F5D12.jpeg
Views:	308
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	56203 Click image for larger version

Name:	733B8355-D9D6-40E4-A0BF-AF98B51BA3ED.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	56204

Comment

• S8 Old Mother Riley's Jungle Treasure
                            OMR Meets the Vampire
                            Bela Lugosi Interview
                            Monsters we've known and loved and a few trailers.
                            All projected on my recent conversion on a Eumig 824 to HID lighting, digital lamp timer and Digital Optical out sound.

Comment

• More pics of Raiders from last week. Click image for larger version

Name:	F7A1ED41-891F-49CC-8CF9-3DA81C1EDB93.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	57540 Click image for larger version

Name:	682803F3-D3A4-4902-A525-1D93F15AE815.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	57541

Comment

• After a couple of weeks away from the cave, it was back to the silver screen tonight with the following all colour presentation....

1x 50' Bambi - Trailer

1x 50' Gremlins - Trailer

1x 50' The Fog - Trailer

1x 50' The Towering Inferno - Trailer

7x 400' (more like 6.5x 400') Easter Parade ! Well...... it's getting close....!

Comment

Working...
                                X