• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full length feature
    On The Waterfront

yet ANOTHER classic

Comment

• The 1x400ft version of UFO "Timelash" (Techno) rather orange but all colours present, "March of the Movies" B&W (Collectors Club), "Red Hot Riding Hood" (Derann and a film I took myself of the1973 Trooping of the Colour with, at the end, a good close-up of the Queen riding sidesaddle up the Mall back to the Palace. On Kodachrome so great colour and sharp.

Comment

• The Blackhawk print of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME ( Silent / 1923 ) . Lon Chaney's GREATEST role ( in my opinion ) .
        Click image for larger version

Name:	hunchback-of-notre-dame-1923.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	61309
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-c45c374f80.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	61310

Comment

• Dave challenged me, so to speak, so we watched my deluxe version of "The Phantom of the Opera", deluxe, in that it has color footage, spliced in by Blackhawk themselves, with the two strip Technicolor footage. Nice sharp print.

Comment

• Lotsa laughs as I screened super 8 sound prints of the following. All with good to great color. Then assembled them onto a 600’ reel for future screenings.

Greetings Bait
            A Sheep in the Deep
            The Egg-Cited Rooster
            then finished with Tex Avery’s hilarious
            Doggone Tired

Comment

• Mark, does your print of "Doggone Tired" go from a very bluish but good color print to, about two thirds of the way through, another print source for the rest of the cartoon? I have this cartoon as well and I noted that about the print. It's low fade, but from two print sources. I've noticed that with some of my cartoons. I once saw this on a print of the Old Mill, which switched from a very good source, to a fairly bluish source print about 45 seconds into cartoon.

Comment

• With the 60th 007 Bond celebrations taking place in the UK cinemas we've been blocking in cinema visits then watching some 8mm at home after..as you do.

Live and let die at the cinema then home to watch You only live twice Scope.

Man with the golden gun at cinema today memorable for me as I was filming at Pinewood studios at the same time that was being filmed.
                Watching Bugsy Malone a little later on S8.

Comment

• Hey Osi
                  I didn't notice any color shift but I will pay more attention the next time I screen Doggone Tired and let you know. It looked pretty great to me in LPP. I wish I could get a good LPP print of The Old Mill. Tough to find and one of the greatest animation films ever made in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                    Mark, does your print of "Doggone Tired" go from a very bluish but good color print to, about two thirds of the way through, another print source for the rest of the cartoon?
                    Either that or a lab fault with the grading wrong at the start. I did read somewhere that the bluish later Derann prints were due to the printer not having the range to correct or maybe maintenance wasn't done so it could have been a sticky correction filter coming in late.

Comment

• I had a print of Flavours of the Month that suddenly went blue then there was a lab splice and it quickly returned to normal.

Comment

• Much of this was the growing use of short ends during printing so not to waste film materials. A normal procedure not really a fault and still practiced today. A good thing reelly saving wasted film material helping keep costs down.

Comment

• This weekend was a widescreen weekend. First I projected my newly acquired Star Wars print, an excellent print with fantastic sound. followed by a really nice print of Lady and the tramp.

Comment

• Two different ends of the Western for me "Once Upon a Time in the West" (Marketing 400ft digest, odd colour but Marketing logo and one scene perfect colour) and "Deputy Droopy" on LPP.

Comment

• NEW DELIVERY YAY!

Ads & Daniel Craig trailer reel. So good we watched it 3 times! 13 recent ish ads, daysets and 2 great trailers available from Reel Image.
                              What a great reel for our collection love it and the two trailers are nice as well.

Comment

• There is a splice right at that point in the master material. The same is true of the LPP "Old Mill" prints where, right when it comes to the cut of the close-up of the bluebirds making they're best, the rest of the print at that point is much more bluish, where the earlier part of the print is great color. The original WDHM prints, while not LPP, do not have that change in color, and it is still possible to find a good unfaded color print of it. I happen to have one.

Comment

Working...
                                X