X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like an 824 Brian.

Comment

• Close but no cigar as 007 would say.
      It's my Xenpow 860 conversion of a 824 Eumig.
      HID lamp, tuned refurbished amp and lamp timer a very nice machine. The original 824 was gifted to me by a friend I used to make S8 films with before he passed on wonderful memories.

Recently aquired some ITC TV shows on Optical S8 colour is still good as well and that's from the 1970s. No idea who did the prints but very unusual. Will pop some pictures up when next shown.

Fearless Vampire Killers today..

Comment

• I should have added it would be a HID conversion coming from Mr LM .

Comment

• Well its not the first time I have screened this very full 1200ft reel of late, but tonight it was another trip back in time watching those short films, many I bought new back in the 1970s The general condition of them is still very good with only slight fade on only a few.

Its also a good memory test if you can say what's going to be said on the screen just before it happens I guess you get to know the spoken words after 40 odd years

Well this was my non-stop reel.

1....Tweety Pie
          2....Egg Cracker Suite 1943, this short was bought before Castle became U8 on polyester stock.
          3....Barber Of Saville 1944, also as mentioned above.
          4....The Two Mouseketeers, bought new long ago, and its still one of the best color prints from Walton.
          5.....The Dwarfs Dilemma.
          6.....I Wan'na Be Like You.
          7.....His Mouse Friday.
          8.....Three For Breakfast.
          9......Cat Napping

Comment

• Mounted on one Elmo 800ft reel, watched tonight

1....Tom and Jerry "Tee For Two" 1945, I am sure that those folk that play golf can relate to this one. Nice color print and sound.
            2...."Motor Mania" 1950, bought new from Derann, stunning color print with excellent sound, reminds me of New Zealand drivers
            3...."Peace On Earth" 1939. I think this stunning color print originated from "Red Fox Enterprises" they also released "Goodwill To Men" 1955 in Scope, both I should add, are stunning color prints with excellent sound.
            4....."Suzie The Little Coupe" 1952, again a excellent color print and sound.
            5.....Tom and Jerry in "Smart Cat" 1955, bought new from Derann, its the only film I can think of, that is about Tom showing his friends home movies. I remember when Derann advertised the release of this one, my thinking at the time, that its a must have because of the subject matter. .

Comment

• Halloween shows are us!

Our spooky evening shows are well underway along with a good stock of creepy treats for visitors. M&S UK are stocking Vampire Fangs again this year, a cheesy treat with a bite to them.

Lonesome Ghosts & Night of the Demon (Silent prints I striped and added sound to)
              Night of the Blood Beast
              The Werewolf Columbia Pic
              Curse of the Werewolf
              Feature White Zombie Re dubbed with the new 35mm sound track resto excellent.

Poised for the delivery of REEL COLLECTOR FAVOURITES new release test print arriving very shortly oh so exciting.

Happy Halloween and pumpkins are only 99p at Morrisions.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	PK.png Views:	0 Size:	628.8 KB ID:	67800

Comment

• I didn't have enough time last night to watch it all but the first few reels of King Kong, long version.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	313401395_2974357296041662_8143211279980577779_n.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	67867 Click image for larger version

Name:	313379697_2974357029375022_4521629767674712323_n.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	67868 Hello all of you Halloween-loving bats and ghouls. Tomorrow night I will host my annual Halloween movie night/haunted house party. This year I have selected a variety of Super 8 sound movies: "Love at First Bite" with George Hamilton as the world's most tanned Dracula! (Ken Films' 400'), "Spooky Rascals" (Blackhawk "Hide and Skriek" and "Spooky Hooky" each 200' featuring Our Gang), "A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts" (Techno Films' 400' Scooby Doo episode including that great opening theme song!), "Abbott & Costello meet Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde" (U8 400' plus Castle Films' opening sequence from the 200' digest), "This Island Earth" (Universal 8 400' plus additional scenes from Castle Films' "War of the Planets" 200' digest and theatrical trailer), "Rocky Horror Picture Show"(Ken Films' 400'), "Disney Haunts" (Deraan 200' "Lonesome Ghosts" and Walt Disney Super 8 Home Movies 200' "Trick or Treat" which a previous owner had added the soundtrack!), "The Incredible Shrinking Man" (U8 400' plus the "flood" scene from Castle Films' 200' digest, and theatrical trailer narrated by Orson Welles!), "The Invisible Man" (U8 400'), and "Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman" (U8 400' plus opening 5 minutes of Castle Films' 200' digest).

Comment

• Two standard / regular 8 silent features (one two days ago, one tonight), projected with the fabulous Eumig 860 Super Lux : The Third Round (1925), a detective film Jack Buchanan and Devil's Island(1926), a drama. The Devil's Island (l'ÃŽle du diable) was a French prison until 1946.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221028_233330.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	67885 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221028_233452.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	67886 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221028_233604.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	67887 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Recently, I have had several shows where I was specifically viewing films I intended to sell / have since sold on Ebay and I sit through them with a still camera to capture screen shots to accompany the description (as every good super 8 Ebay seller should), but as I sort of class that as work more than pleasure (!) I have not listed them here.

However.....

Last night I DID have a film show purely for pleasure which included some recent purchases (Group 9.5 Fair) and some others. A lot of the films took on a sort of spooky / scary theme as it was my closest screening to Halloween, but not all of them.

Max Baer v Max Schmeling - 1x 200' - A black and white boxing match from 1933 which also featured another match from 1933 and also.... 1916 !!!

The Legend of Coyote Rock - 1x 200' - Colour Disney film featuring Pluto.

The Creature From The Black Lagoon - 1x 400' in 3D

The Mad Magician - 1x 400' in 3D

It Came From Outer Space - 1x 400' in 3D (undoubtedly the best 3D effect of the three)

Scars of Dracula - 1x 400' - An odd black and white reel from the feature. I think possibly reel 2. It's the bit that starts with the arrival at the castle, to the point of the escape out of the window using bed sheets, and entering the room below.

The Devil Rides Out - 1x 400' Colour

Comment

• After seeing on TV a short about ice hockey it had to be the Universal double album of "Slap Shot" that I bought from Portland Films, Shaftesbury Avenue in one of their sales (£12.50 per reel for most films). I have never heard as much swearing in 30 minutes!! Both reels are slightly fading (reel 2 is the better) but all colours are there. I followed this with the last pert of the 3x400ft Bulldog Jack containing the museum sequence and the tube train escape and fight - no swearing in this one!!!!!

Comment

• For Halloween: Nacht Der Vampire aka The Werewolf vs. The Vampire Woman (C Film, 2x400). Paul Naschy once again is Waldemar Daninsky. UFA also released this title and Walton put it out as Shadow of the Werewolf. Decent color, I had re-recorded this from German to English.

Universal 8's Best of Horror Part 1 with audio added. Some very nicely edited 50 footers on this compilation. Also, the last reel from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad feature.

I did say these were for Halloween, but I really would have watched them anyway!

Comment

• Great program, Doug!

Comment

• Some Disney for Halloween. Mickey Mouse "The Mad Doctor" and the Silly Symphony "Skeleton Dance" followed by the "Dance of the Hours" segment from Fantasia to lighten the mood.

Comment

• In standard/regular 8, a classical German silent film (1924) : Waxworks, with Emil Jannings. In super 8 (sound) : The Devil Bat (1940), with Bela Lugosi.

Comment

Working...
                                X