No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I went back into my 'dungeon' and watched these 4 titles I got off of eBay and were very decent. First time since I got back into the hobby that I ran some Film Guard over the films and did NOT pick up any dirt! And these were apparently library copies - surprisingly good shape - no breaks or splices and decent boxes plus extra leader! They had to have been cleaned prior to shipping to me.

Abbott and Costello MEET the MUMMY
    Abbott and Costello MEET FRANKENSTEIN
    Pardon my Sarong
    Take the Bus Pay Later.

I picked these up for just over $40.00 for all 4. They are 200' versions.

A fun time in the dungeon....

Comment

• A few days late

A Visit To A Small Planet

full length feature

Paying tribute to jazz drummer Buddy Rich who passed on April 2 1987. Buddy appears on stage in the nightclub scene. The cameo roll is uncredited and off stage Buddy and Jerry were good friends.........

Comment

• GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES Ken films super 8mm color / sound 400' digest
        Click image for larger version

Name:	blondes.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	58054

Comment

• A couple of hotun's as the late Frank Randle would have said.

Piled high with Stereo re recording at the moment but think it still qualifies for what we watched last night :-)
          POLTERGEIST feature with its new stereo track making for a fantastic watch/listen.
          SHOW BOAT feature recorded to the Ava Gardner sound track.
          RETURN OF THE JEDI feature dubbed from a 35mm print optical track.

Oh managed to get a couple of days at the caravan so the Eumig HID had a little holiday with us as well. Took the old Walton scope lens/bracket projected a couple of Fox shorts and the 400ft of Star Wars. Great fun.

Comment

• Dave inspired me, so I watched my 600ft of Marilyn Monroe, which consists of a completely no fade "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" ( I need to check that stock, curious), and the second half of the reel? An LPP digest of Sorts, called " Marilyn ", which consists of largely musical numbers by Marilyn, and ends with this neat footage from Marilyn Monroe's last unfinished film, (the nude bathing scene, wardrobe tests for the film), I wonder who released this neat "Digest"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Davey View Post
              A collection of rarely shown scope material...

My Fair Lady TRL
              Shout at the Devil TRL
              Mr Magoo 200ft (Cineavision)
              Summer Holiday TRL
              Bearly Asleep 200ft (DD cartoon)
              StarWars re-release trilogy TRL
              Royal Cat Nap 200ft (T&J)
              EL CID TRL
              Carousel/ scope55promo 120ft TRL
              Daleks Invasion Earth TRL
              Hi! For a few years I am looking for Return of the Jedi on super8. Any idea on how to find and buy? Any chance that you sell?

I have ANH and ESB although the ESB copy is not the best in quality..

with best regards.

Comment

• Is that ESB the Cineavision print? It's scope, but it was sadly printed on kodak SP, so the blacks were were all fading to brown when I sold it. The prints of this title from Germany are actually quite good.

Comment

• A few years ago I put two 800' cartoon reels together, although I listed the order in my notebook, I didn't label the reels. Clever.
                  I ran one last evening, it was reel 2.

1. Tom & Jerry - Tee For Two /
                  2. Foghorn Leghorn- All Fowled Up
                  3. Sylvester - Hawaiian Aye Aye
                  4. Tom & Jerry - Cue Ball Cat
                  5. Road Runner - Hook, Line, & Stinker
                  6. Daffy Duck - People Are Bunny

Also played the two Naked Gun 33 1/3 trailers before a 16mm film for my nephew.

Comment

• Just 2 Foghorn Leghorn cartoons last night The Egg cited Rooster and Banty Raids. The second would be a good one to show with Some Like it Hot. 🙂

Comment

• Osi , I remember that reel from many years ago . A few years back I saw Ed Gower's LPP 16mm print at Cinesea . It was fabulous !
                      Last edited by David Baker; April 18, 2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Airplane 1x400ft Marketing. Cary on Cleo part 2 plus 1x400ft Walton (Agfa strangely the extract which is th final part of the film is slightly masked for widescreen the part of the 4x400ft isn't) and the Look at Life Sounds of a City.

Comment

• We watched an old classic, "Stagecoach", 1939, super 8 optical sound version. I used to have both the magnetic and the optical, and the optical was printed from a superior print, but my copy must have been printed on Kodak SP color stock, as the blacks are all a not so glorious reddish brown, but being that it was a black n white film to begin with, it's a western with a sepia tone.

Comment

• Have that myself a really great optical film.

Living Daylights feature in excellent Spanish sound. I run the sound from BR in surround makes a great old watch always love Tim in the 2 Bonds.

Ended with the Blackpool Scope roller coaster ride.

St Georges Day tomorrow always look forward to it but what film hmm

Comment

• The 80s was a great time for my generation so many top films to entertain. One day distributor's may remember to have programmes of re issues.

We had a small local cinema asking me years ago what would pack the screens out over a weekend. Bring back the trilogy.
                              I put poster's up in college's for Exorcist weekend, Omen and Freddie it was jammed with student's all watching 35mm film. I projected my Uni8 spooks in the foyer it was a wonderful time of film community.

Goodness how times have changed and i miss the olden days of film fun.

Comment

• A couple of trailers, Blue Hawaii and King of Jaz with ABC daysets before, after and in between. Then That'll be the day pt 1 of the 4x400ft which runs directly into the 1x400ft digest (Both 3x4) and Stardust 1 x 400ft digest (masked widescreen about 1.75:1).

Comment

Working...
                                X