No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night we watche the Derann full length print of That's Entertainment 3. What a fabulous film this is with more great musical sequences from the iconic MGM musicals, this time including never before seen clips. The Derann print is pin sharp with deep rich color and contrast. Re-recorded in stereo for a marvelous 2 hour movie watching experience.

Comment

• Last night the Techno 2x400ft Department S episode The Trojan Tanker, or should I say Der Trojanischer Tanker, as my copy has a German soundtrack which I almost forgot until after the opening credits as there is only one spoken line in the pre-credit sequence. This was followed by two B&W Mickey Mouse cartoons from Derann - Mickey's Service Station and The Mad Doctor.

Comment

• Two recent purchases from Super 8 Warehouse:

Die Rache des Dr. Fu Manchu (The Vengance of Dr. Fu Manchu) Marketing German language 400 footer with nice color that I'll have to re-record.

Der Famllientrottel (The Family Idiot) B&W 200 ft Revue cutdown from the Jerry Lewis film Cinderfella. More like a 2 scene excerpt than a cutdown.

Comment

• The Marx Brothers "A Night at the Opera" 2x400ft.

Remember there ain't a no Sanity Clause.
          Last edited by Brian Fretwell; August 22, 2022, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• Sunday night I had an audience (!) of Beatles fans outside under the gazebo. So, not to disappoint them, they were presented with..........

1x 200' The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show

1x 50' A Hard Day's Night - German Trailer

1x 150' The Making of A Hard Day's Night

Finishing off with...... now...... what was it again?........ Ah! Yes!.......

5x 600' A Hard Day's Night

Comment

• I watched Universal 8’s Tell them Willie Boy is Here, Swashbuckler and Our Gang in Shiver My Timbers

Comment

• Some Like It Hot
                full feature
                a very funny movie if you have not seen it

Comment

• Thursday August 25

The Woman Of Paris

A film directed by Charlie Chaplin

Full feature plus some shorts and previews

Comment

• Tonight I host my film club with the theme "Dynamic Duos." The program will be: Click image for larger version

Name:	Butch Cassidy Ken.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	65254 Click image for larger version

Name:	Frank meets Wolfman U8.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	65255 Click image for larger version

Name:	Smokey-and-the-Bandit-Super-8mm.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	65256 (1) Tom & Jerry cartoon marathon: "Cruise Cat" (Walton), "Two Mouseketeers" (Ken/MGM), "Cat Napping" (Ken/MGM), (2) "Smokey and the Bandit" (2X400 U8), (3) "Lady and the Tramp" (2X200 Disney extracts plus trailer), (4) "Brian's Song" (400 Columbia), (5) "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (400 Ken), (6) "Abbott & Costello Go To Mars" (400 U8 plus additional scenes from 200 Castle "Rocket and Roll"), (7) "The King and I" (400 Ken plus trailer), and (8) "Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman" (400 U8 plus additional scenes from 200 Castle edit.)

Comment

• Carter,

Well done! A clever theme that allows you choose a nice variety of titles across different genres.

I watched a number of Ken Films monster/horror 50 footers to decide which ones I'll stripe and add audio to. I'll make a reel similar to Universal 8's Best of Horror to show at the upcoming CineSea.

Comment

• That's an awesome project, Doug!

Comment

• After re-watching "Hitchcock" this time with commentary on Blu Ray then switching over to find an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Sky Arts of course I had to watch the send-up of that - the Sylvester and Tweety cartoon "The Last Hungry Cat" (Derann LPP) , followed by the Mountain Films 2x400ft version of "Underwater" (Fuji).

Comment

• The first 2 spools of Calamity Jane and as I was getting sleepy just two home movie reels from the early 1970's (71 or 72) rest of Calamity tonight.

Comment

• More 1971/2 film shot by me, some seaside shots and fairgrounds also including a Royal procession down The Strand by the law courts including HM Queen Elazabeth II with Prince Philip, then what I shot of Trooping the Colour 1972.

After that Scars of Dracula complete with Derann logo and fanfare at the start.

Comment

• After a quick look at the Movietone "Jubilee Day 1977" it was back to Black Park for a mixed selection from the Hammer Horror "Twins of Evil". The first 600ft from Derann on Agfa, followed by reel 3 from Walton (unfortunately faded Eastmancolor) and finally the ending 200ft from Walton back on Agfa.

Comment

Working...
                                X