And finally -
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9887.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	60755
    Very nice color , flat .

Comment

• There was actually a full feature released of "Emperor of the North", as I used to own it, but it was printed on quick fade Eastman. Very sharp, however.

Comment

• On Saturday evening I treated myself to the following recent purchases...

1x 400' Raiders of The Lost Ark - Hoped beyond hope that it was one of the few stereo releases, so projected it on the GS1200 for the first time to find out...... but alas! Still, it was superb mono sound.

2x 800' The Dambusters - A Walton print which must originally have been 4x 400'.

On the first viewing of the first spool of the Dambusters, I had a problem with focusing as part of the screen kept going in and out and I thought I may have a dud print. Also, the second part on the first spool was quite out of sync. (Reel 2 was perfect)
        SO.....
        Inspected the join half way through. It was a crummy cement splice which, surprise surprise, separated on inspection. Lost a frame tidying it up and replacing with a tape splice. Then rewound to the beginning. Noticed on the very beginning of the leader there was quite a crease on it which would probably have forced it to not lie flat in the projector gate, hence the focus problem. Another clean cut beyond the affected film followed by the 1200's own trimmer was made and decided to watch reel 1 again.
        Result...... very sharp picture throughout (very little scratching either). The second bit was oh-so-much closer in sync than before..... but just not quite. Pity, but it was tolerable.
        Brilliant film to watch on the big screen !

Comment

• I found a nice little area where I can set up a projector and project to the wall.

Today I watched my 8mm digest of the African Queen. It has retained its color better than my 16 mm print. I never get tired of watching this film. I use a blue filter which reduces some of the redish fade.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220530_210023627.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	60774 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220530_210135971.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.2 KB ID:	60775 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220528_205211445~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	60776 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220528_205339488~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	60777 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220528_205042817~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	60778 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220528_205208808~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.6 KB ID:	60779 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220528_205331285~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	60780 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220528_205411976~4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.6 KB ID:	60781

Comment

• The African Queen is one of those cutdowns where I've seen a number of prints whose color has held up. It's also well edited and always enjoyable, no matter how many times I've watched it.

Comment

• Last night a few of the films I shot myself on holidays (Southsea, Westbrook) in my late teens, the Country Show in my local park in about 1974 and a light ex-industrial narrow gauge railway in Sittingbourne. All Kodachrome or Ektachrome and had kept great colour Those were followed by the 'Scope trailer for Annie, which had only good colour as it was on SP, which I thought strange as I thought it was released in the low fade era.

Comment

• Tonight after an episode of Sharpe on Blu Ray the CHC release of Bugs Bunny in Box Office Bunny. I bought this with several other shorts at CHC last year and found it had dropped down the back of my sofa bed. I am very embarrassed!!!

Comment

• We watched an episode of "You Bet Your Life", complete with original commercials, the commercial that also included Chico and Harpo, "Prom", and even, at the beginning of the reel, a trailer for the Groucho Marx feature, "A Girl In Every Port", a fun 600ft. Bought it from Steve Osbourne! Thanks Steve!

Comment

• Tonight?

The Ken Films 400' Digest of The King and I followed by my Derann Pastoral Symphony from Fantasia (Parts I and II) united on a 600 Foot Reel.

I dunno...

-I must have had Music in my heart tonight! (-could be worse!)
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Notes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	61019

Comment

• Well tonight before the feature on the VP I thought I might run some old "Star Wars" stuff using the Elmo ST1200, this projector I bought second hand way back in 1979. I have been through all the guides etc in the past to make sure none will scratch film due to wear. Its the basic early "M" model but still runs fine .

Anyway I am afraid those old Super 8 digests have faded quite a bit over the years, however it was a bit of a trip back in time to screen them .

Name:	P1260883.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	61037

Name:	P1260884.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	61038

Name:	P1260885.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	61039

Name:	P1260887.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	61040

Name:	P1260888.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	61041

Name:	P1260905.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	61042

Comment

• After screening a β€žkind of 50 minuteβ€œ cutdown of MOONRAKER in 16mm, I screened Derann’s GOLDFINGER again which, in my opinion, remains the best Bond feature ever and it is still so powerful, funny and thrilling - and Gert FrΓΆbe is one the best villains ever!
                        Oh, how I wished for more features like this: old-fashioned and always young!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• We've been on a vintage TV kick, so we watched The Lone Ranger, "Twisted Track". this one has held up it's color fairly well! Then, I remembered that we had a vintage Lone Ranger commercial on a 200ft reel, so we watched a 200ft reel of vintage black and white TV commercials, everything from Buster Keaton, I Love Lucy, to that classic Flintstones Winston Cigarettes commercial because, after all, kids need to know that smoking cigarettes is a good thing!

Comment

• kids need to know that smoking cigarettes is a good thing!
                            Lol Osi! πŸ˜‹ Although nowadays smoking isn't as prevalent on TV and in films, but I still think any smoking sends the wrong message to our kids that it is an okay thing to do...and
                            ​​​that smoking is cool and can make you more accepted amongst your friends.
                            🚭

Comment

• I'm glad you got my sarcasm, Janice! This night we watched This is Your Life, featuring Laurel and Hardy. A lot of folks say that the Lads looked embarrassed and all in this program, but I am glad that the Lads both survived up to this point, as well as showing a number of they're famous folks of film!

Comment

• I couldn't resist watching a short before going to bed. I put my Elmo ST1200 HD on a countertop just at my bedroom. It just calls me every night to load a film.

I watched WC Fields in The Dentist.

Name:	PXL_20220608_054120125.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	61269 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220608_054720691.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	61270

Comment

Working...