No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L&H Big Business standard 8 Walton 400ft bought at Blackpool plus reel one of Buster Keaton in The General (Collectors Club) same source.

Comment

• Tonight on Super8 the 600ft of "The Snowman" from Derann, excellent print and sound
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1220017.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	70364

Comment

• How funny! We just watched this one too! We secured the official DVD, so here's another rerecord job, as the originally recorded stereo soundtrack leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

• Osi

Interesting you should say that about the soundtrack, a few years ago I picked up a second hand mono print and to be honest the mono print sounded better than the stereo one I bought new from Derann, much clearer. I think its laminated stripe as well on the early prints, not sure haven't looked at it. Its certainly sounds better, however I am happy with both, an ideal film for this time of year.

Comment

• I recall thinking highly of the stereo audio on my print. I'll have to check it out again this season.

Comment

• I think the main problem is the balance stripe on my print, very fuzzy ( no matter what projector I use ), and way too much. Loud hiss to it.

Comment

• If you read my last contribution on this topic, you will know that I had a problem not having a 1600' take up spool to use for the first half of a feature film. Luckily, I found the splice at 600', ran that off onto another spool and so tonight my show was......

West Side Story - The complete feature (for the first time) on 1x 600' 1x1600' (holding 1000') and 1x (extremely full) 1000' in glorious cinemascope and stereo.

The warm up film was the trailer to The Spy Who Loved Me. Also in scope, but was bought as a Derann white box special. Has a blue tint throughout. Doesn't spoil the action, though !!

Comment

• Tonight it been a bit of a Mickey night, which included Mickey Mouse The First Fifty Years. Its hard to believe I bought it new when it came out around 1978-79. Although the print has slight fade, its lasted really well over the years.

Name:	P1280671.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	70700

Name:	P1280608.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	70701

Comment

• Grahame we had a birthday party for Mickey that year and I filmed it in S8 Scope. Memorable time and so much fun.

Comment

• Well allow me to add my name to the list of SNOWMAN viewings a few days ago! It was spliced on the front of SECRET OF NIHM...............

Comment

• This one tonight I up-loaded a short extract from it a few years back

Comment

• My son is home from College, so he requested a favorite from when he was a little kid: The Titfield Thunderbolt (Derann, 4x400')

(When he was maybe kindergarten-age, I used to run Reel 2 all by itself because he loved the battle between the locomotive and the steamroller, but he's a sophisticated adult now and wanted the other three reels too!)

I needed something compatible as an opener: The Engine Driver (1x200')

British Steam was alive and well on Long Island tonight!

Comment

• Last night we watched Super 8 ‘Shopping for a Queen’ Derann’s Look at Life. Derann’s Pathe News 1965, I think it’s called a year in our time. Trailers for ‘The Untouchables’ in Scope, ‘Circus World’ in Scope, ‘Lawrence in Arabia’ and our full length feature ‘Zulu’, in scope, great print.

Comment

• You only live twice Scope feature. A reel treat for us earlier this year and what a great movie to treasure.
                              Went to the cinema to see the full length Muppet Christmas Carol so joyful, then came home to watch the S8 trailer as you do.

Comment

• Laurel and Hardy That's My Wife, silent version from Blackhawk. It was a gift from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X