What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• This was the Marketing 3x400' version plus the 250' Promo screened using my Bauer T600 projector. The sound was excellent and the colours better than the pictures from my phone but with some fade - I think a colour correction filter might really improve the viewing of this film 🤞

Comment

• Comment

• My 1st feature screening in 2021 was also a most magical: THE WIZARD OF OZ...!
          A classic, a masterpiece.
          Excellent colours, music and actors...!
          The special effects are jaw dropping when You think of that they were made 1939...!
          A great afternoon „somewhere over the rainbow“!

Comment

• Last night, as I indicated, the 200ft digest of The Curse of the Crimson Altar (Walton on Agfa Stcok), followed by the 200ft Castle Films The Wolfman (Lon Chaney) a very sharp print.

Comment

• I’ve spent my saturday night in space with James Cameron’s ALIENS and always a pleasure on the big screen

Comment

• Up in the Man Cave this evening I treated myself to a (virtually complete) stereo presentation using my remote headphones to experience the true stereo effect. Those with an asterisk (*) were mono.

Rollercoaster Ride - 1x 60' (?) I think it was filmed on the old wooden one in Blackpool.

Rollercoaster Rabbit - 1x 200' - A Roger Rabbit cartoon

For The Birds - 1x 100' - A Pixar short

Cinema Cinema* - 1x 100'

Reflections UK* - 1x 200' (pity this was mono as it said "stereo" in the closing credits, and the booming instrumental sound track would have been mega)

Nostalgia #1 - 1x 200' - A mixture of adverts etc (in stereo) followed by the trailer to "On The Navajo Trail"

Gremlins - 1x 1200'

Watership Down - 1x 600'

Terminator 2 (Part 4) - 1x 600'

A very enjoyable evening!

Comment

• Was Watership Down the first Stereo Super 8 release or the first in the UK? I know the 1x600ft was in stereo even when PM Films released it.

Comment

• Not sure, Brian.

Suffice to say, my copy IS the PM version (assuming it was also released by another company, as your post seems to suggest). It was bought on the Bring and Buy stall at Blackpool a few years ago.

Comment

• It was re-issued by Derann, Melvin, they must have taken over the masters when PM closed.

Comment

• Two silent standard/regular 8 films first : 1) Klondike Gold Rush Scrapbook : Edison footages about, obviousely, the gold rush time. The films are lost but they were resurected by filming frame by frame the paper versions of the Library Of Congress. If I understand well, the films which were copyrighted had pictures of each frame kept at that library. I can only imagine this system ended when the number of films and their lenght growed too much, as I cannot believe some famous lost films had not been copyrighted (I'm not sure it's the right word, by the way). 2) The Making Of Bronco Billy, a 1913 western. Then a silent super 8 film : Memories Of Silent Stars, the 60m/200ft Blackhawk (like the two preceeding standard/regular 8 films) edition. The title speaks for itself. Lupino Lane and Sydney Chaplin are two of the actors seen in this film.

Comment

• There was no separate copyright for films up to approx.1915. So,they were copyrighted as printed matter.

Comment

• Thanks for that precision, Panayotis.

Comment

• Yes Brian I have a pile of Dels correspondence here striking deals with companies who were closing. Very interesting reading and at times I have to say a little cut throat.

From my time I would say Watership was the first stereo 600ft.

Started watching Commando but broke off to listen to football in Kidiminster. Part two after match.

Comment

• Standard/regular 8 silent projection : Safety Last, the classical Harold Lloyd film everybody knows. This film is almost 100 years old, waw.

Comment

Working...
                                X