ID:	38486 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210718_002703.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	38489 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210718_002249.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	38490 Clara's Heart optical feature and Elvis on Tour feature finally gave the ST1200 HID conversion a good run,Mark

Comment

• I would love to see that Elvis on Tour one day.

Well today in the UK we see Co-Vid restrictions lifting so have taken the executive decision to invite along some long time Super 8 friends round for a BBQ, chat and watch GONE WITH THE WIND. I shall be using two Eumig HID projectors side by side to recreate my screening of this film many many years ago with two Fuji SD Autos. All I hope is I am still up to the quick switch over!!

I watched it and did a test run last week and the film looks gorgeous, to say I am looking forward to this is a understatement. The receipt says I ordered it in 1985.. Worrying how quickly film time passes.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	gones.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.6 KB ID:	38578

Click image for larger version

Name:	gwtww.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	38579

Comment

• Boiling in England and what better time to close the curtains, CHILL and watch some Super 8 from the dark ages or should I say the 1970's..
        Trawled thru my Walton, Derann and Collectors Club films finding some nice oldies to view.

'Soggy to Me' which I think may have been my first Walton colour cartoon back then, still good colour amazingly.
        'Ukelele Man' from the first print run.
        'Fabulous Jolson' 200ft
        'Trails of Terror' 200ft
        'Island of Terror' Standard 8 colour feature

Memories

Comment

• We watched "Firefox", OK Clint Eastwood optical super 8 feature with really great color. Only downside is that, of all my optical sound features, this one may be the only one that was ever in those giant cassettes, as it has a goodly number of green flecks or scratches that come and go, but you certainly know you're watching a story on film, to be sure!

Comment

• Another interesting screening of a full reel....

Tweety Pie, Egg Cracker Suite, Barber of Saville, The Two Mouseketeers, The Dwarf Dilemma, I Wan'na Be Like You, His Mouse Friday, Three For Breakfast, and Cat Napping.

All good stuff

Comment

• My new copy of ET (purchased by the lovely Steve Osborne) will be here soon, so I'm looking forward to screen that print!

Comment

• At the weekend my 8 year old son and myself settled down to a 4x400 of The Great St Trinian's Train Robbery. Lots of fun and chuckles were had.

Comment

• Sadly the fade on "When Worlds Collide" 3/400ft is now getting to bad for future projection pity as it was a good edit, screened it the other night.

Name:	P1200544.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	39346

Name:	P1200551.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	39347

Name:	P1200600.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	39348

Name:	P1200601.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	39349

Comment

• The 400ft, flat Walton digest of the remake of The Lady Vanishes. Fuji and still great colour.

Comment

• Smashing day and felt almost like a normal one in the circumstances.

Day off work yay!! We went to see RIVER CRUISE after taking my Eumig HID projector into the cinema screen for a Super 8 test on the 26ft screen. Results will appear in REEL IMAGE MAGAZINE in a couple of months. Quite a event!

Out for a nice meal after, couple of Robinson's ales then home for a bumper Super 8 show as follows.
                      My Derann Open Day Super 8 reel which I assembled piece by piece to replica a open day films.
                      SCOPE Pearl Harbor with my newly dubbed Stereo track...pretty awesome if I say it myself. 😎
                      TONS OF TROUBLE Mr Pastry feature ending with a Super 8 film I made around his own house a few years ago on the last of Kodachrome.

Used both the HID GS1200 for Stereo and the Eumig HID 860 side by side. Lovely day with beloved wifey.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210725_231010.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	39444 Watched a reel of both extracts of ALICE IN WONDERLAND with great color.

Comment

• A couple of evenings ago we viewed the excellent, scope stereo print of Die Hard, i know some prints appear to have a blue tint to them but this one has excellent and proper colours. No blue tint on this one. Sound is good considering its the crappy oxide paste stripe that Derann had to switch to when Kodak finished with pre stripe stock.

Name:	Die Hard (1).JPG
Views:	268
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	39536 Click image for larger version

Name:	Die Hard (3).JPG
Views:	280
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	39535 Click image for larger version

Name:	Die Hard (4).JPG
Views:	264
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	39537 Click image for larger version

Name:	Die Hard (6).JPG
Views:	265
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	39540 Click image for larger version

Name:	Die Hard (10).JPG
Views:	277
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	39538 Click image for larger version

Name:	Die Hard (13).JPG
Views:	268
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	39539 Click image for larger version

Name:	Die Hard (14).JPG
Views:	251
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	39541

Comment

• Die Hard... Very nice print Tom!

Comment

• Although I have not been away from my film collection, I have given my projectors a few weeks rest over the summer as I find it too bright in the evenings, even with black curtains up, to totally block out the light in my room.

However,

Tonight, I turned my attention to a few purchases I have made recently, and my first film night in a good few weeks looked like this......

1x 200' Yankee Doodle Mouse - Tom & Jerry

1x 200' Dr.Jeckyl and Mr.Mouse - Tom & Jerry

1x 400' The Desert Fox - James Mason

1x 400' Calamity Jane Promo Reel - Doris Day

1x 400' The Odessa File - Jon Voight

1x 400' Key Largo - Humphrey Bogart. (This is one I have had for ages and not seen it for possibly a few years. It was recently mentioned in another thread here as being one of our colleague's favourite edits, so I decided to find out....... and completely agree......very good edit. Well worth watching.)

Comment

• ANIMAL HOUSE. 2 x 400 footer from Universal 8. Pretty funny still and a decent edit overall. "Seven years of college down the drain!" - Blutarsky. Funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X