No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight was the first time in a few months that I brought out one of my 8 mm projectors and ran a silent film. I'm going through chemo treatments which at times makes it hard for me to even get off the couch.

I love to watch the old Helen Holmes silent train films. This one was "The Rival Railroad Plot."

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210923_040755918.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	42968 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210923_040900854.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.3 KB ID:	42969 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210923_041012078.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.5 KB ID:	42970 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210923_041026650.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.0 KB ID:	42971

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvin England View Post

The fact that I was able to give this screening at all just shows the great comradeship that is being created amongst forum members, to which I am grateful. I wont name names but that person knows who they are and to him I send my thanks.
      I love your assertion that we are comrades here Melvin. Makes me want to watch Dr Zhivago tonight! (I know that that's not how you meant 'comrade' but it made me smile).
      Last edited by John Armer; September 23, 2021, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Brilliant Janice, take care.

Comment

• Janice,

I can only imagine how rough things are for you right now. I pray everything goes well. Threading projectors is a great motivating force to be up and about!

Comment

• So sorry to hear that, Janice. Hope things go better for you.

Comment

• My thoughts and prayers are with you, Janice, for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• that's not great news Janice
                Not sure of your daily routine or film collection. Maybe set a film up prior to your treatment. Have it all nice and cosey and when you get home. Take it easy and just rotate to or press, play.
                Even turn the lights low and have the projector running in the background to relax to. Play some of you own memories back in your mind.
                Now, your original question. What did "I" watch last night? Dillinger. 200ft
                All the best Janice.

Comment

• Graham, Doug, Dominique, Carter, and Stuart I can't thank you enough for your positive comments. They mean a lot to me. I am so glad I'm feeling better this week and being able to watch some of my 8 mm films... believe it or not it is very comforting.

Tonight I watched another silent 400 footer called "Crazy to Act". This is a very funny film with a solo appearance of Oliver Hardy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210924_040123145.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	43001 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210924_040326146.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	43002 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210924_040544611.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	43003 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210924_040631029.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	43004

Comment

• Sorry to hear you're unwell Janice, here's hoping for a full recovery

Comment

• Dear Janice
                      take care! We need You!
                      All my thoughts are with You.
                      Oliver

Comment

• Janice I hope you get well soon. Good to know that film projecting can help.

This evening it was "red night" at my theater. The Colmbia feature BYE BYE BIRDIE with Ann Margaret. I happened to shoot a still and caught one of my cue marks! Now I know most of you wouldn't ever scratch a frame of film but it is only one frame each x 2 scratches: 1 to start the motor and the other to change picture and sound. Despite how ugly it might appear it works very good for the purpose.

Remember that even though normal cues are upper right there are four of them per location! But don't worry it was in the middle of a 1200 foot reel so I didn't miss the change over by snapping a picture....... Click image for larger version  Name:	74557B97-8779-4A69-B832-DBABE4F24DA2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	12.3 KB ID:	43174

Comment

• A couple of shorts bought at the East Lancs Film Fair. A Laurel & Hardy Walton print "Melody on the Move", Wilson, Kepple and Betty in "Jazz and Sand" and Fats Waller "Ain't Misbehaving"

Comment

• Well done Brian Collectors Club 🤓

Watched a purchase from East Lancs Film Fair with beloved. THAT'S DANCING 5X400. Beautiful colour and replaces my red one.

Comment

• I watched a few recent purchases from Barry Atwood:

Dillinger - 400' Ken Films
                              The Eiger Sanction - 400' Universal 8
                              The Detective - 400' Ken Films
                              The Battle of Britain 100' scope trailer

Ken Films' 200' version of Emperor of the North - The 400' release is a favorite of mine, a good story very well edited. The 200 footer is a nice surprise. Not only is the color good, but this one does a decent job of telling the story even with its shorter running time.

Comment

• Marketing Film - 400 digest of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST. Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X