No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It may just be time to revive "The Kodak Challenge"!

-surely a classic among 8mm Forum threads!

Comment

• Thank you everyone for your kind comments and "likes" regarding my last post on this subject.

Graham - Those photographs brought back happy memories, having tried all four types. For me, Kodak was unbeatable.

Anyway, tonight it was back to normal. In other words, package movies......... and no audience! An eclectic mix which consisted of.......

1x200' Super Nanny

1x200' Jolly 'oliday - Two extracts from Mary Poppins

1x200' The Three Caballeros - Donald Duck. Not seen for ages. A bit of an unusual one.

1x200' The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Classic Mickey Mouse from Fantasia

1x100' Cinema Cinema

1x200' Reflections USA - Only noticed it was in stereo this evening so that was a nice surprise. No mention of it on the box.

1x200' Reflections UK - No mention of stereo on this box either. Probably coz it wasn't! Drat !

1x400' Superman - Not seen for a long time. Nice edit.

1x400' The Rocky Horror Picture Show

1x400' Tommy - The rock opera with The Who

1x600' Jurassic Park - It just gets better and better with every screening!

Comment

• Nice line up of films Melvin

Last night it was this one its been years since I last watched it, one thing you noticed at "the end", Goofy says there will be a short intermission before the the feature presentation of "The Rescuers Down Under" then its on to the final end credits. Very nice print with excellent stereo sound
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1210185.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	45876

Name:	P1210150.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	45877

Name:	P1210164.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	45878

Name:	P1210171.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	45879

Name:	P1210178.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	45880

Name:	P1210184.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	45881

Comment

• Wow what a gorgeous looking print Graham!

Comment

• Thanks Paul

Comment

• I was really glad to see that Derann left the intermission bit on the end of that featurette. I'm not lucky enough to own Rescuers Down Under, though.

Comment

• I own both excellent color and no lines in the Prints

Comment

• Last night just Peter Pan Meets Captain Hook WDHM 200ft a buck print on Fuji stock and the silent 50ft version of the same which though paler had better colour (Edge marked 491S so I assume Agfa). I got that one free w3hen I bought a Technicolor loop projector from LGP and recently unearthed it to test a Bolex 18-9 cartidge load projector I bouht many years ago for its f1.1 lens.

Comment

• Some nice interesting posts :-) Among the Halloween films was nice to watch the old 2X200ft Ghost of Frankenstein reels I edited into sequence so quite a fun week for us here but didn't get to do our outdoor show due to severe weather aka monsoon. Will try New Year I think for a change. Curse of the Demon sound went on again and also a new trailer of Sinister which was full of 8mm film being projected.

Anyone tell me what the projector is I'm not familiar with it?

Name:	sinisters.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	45957

Comment

• last night a classic ;the heroes of telemark,full lenght, an excelent dcr print,the color still o,k after all these years,

Comment

• A 1925's masterpiece : Ben Hur, in standard (regular) 8. I've had this film for a while but wanted to watch it when it would have been mounted on a large spool, which I attempted to do on a 800 m/2600 ft one but just to realize that the film was too long. Since Edwin (from Van Eck) said he could, thanks to his technique of manufacturing, fulfill some specific requests, I asked if it was possible to make 900/2950 ft spools and the answer has been yes. I ordered two large super 8 and two large 9.5 spools. It was a test night for the super 8 spools. First, Ben Hur fits the 900 m spool, which was the first good news. To watch the film with the Eumig HID, I used my Spondon LPU. I had a little concern about the fact the spool could stop before the end because of the tension but that didn't happen (probably because the spool is not heavy), so everything ran perfectly. Those spools fit also the Fumeo 9119.

Name:	IMG_20211104_220419.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	46167

Comment

• Mickey's Circus and T&J Dr Jeckle and Mr Mouse to check out my Sankyo 301 after swapping the lamp base for one from a spares machine that I bought for £5 several years ago at a BFCC.

Comment

• last night i screen ;predator ,one of best prints from derann ,full lenght

Comment

• And talking about silent films

Taking a trip back to my childhood and beloved Collectors Club aka bargain basement films of the late 60s and 70s.
                              Standard 8mm. Phantom of the Opera. I have a theory the std 8 feature was used to blow up for the S8 release as the std 8 looks much better.

Next The General
                              Battleship Potemkin
                              The Gold Rush
                              Finally Metropolis

Thats our week organised

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
                                A 1925's masterpiece : Ben Hur, in standard (regular) 8.

Name:	IMG_20211104_220419.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	46167
                                That's a mightily impressive set-up Dominique! I have the trailer to the 1925 Ben-Hur, which is just a tad shorter. Is this a sound print or silent? If it's silent did you watch it with a soundtrack playing?

My most memorable film experience ever was watching this in Liverpool with Carl Davis conducting a live orchestra. It was incredible. His timing conducting the orchestra during the chariot race was perfect - at the end of the race (about 8 minutes of screen time I think), there is a shot of a fanfare and his trumpets came in exactly on cue with the action on screen. He got a huge round of applause after that sequence!

Comment

Working...
                                X