No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dinner scene from Carry on Up the Kyber, the Marketing 400ft of Grease, U8 400ft of Sweet Charity and Techno Warner Cartoon Sheep Ahoy (Sheep Amoy on the box!!!).

Comment

• Osi, I'm confused now. You said it was 'Helpmates', which is why I said that was a Walton release, not Mountain but the 3 titles you listed are from the feature 'Blockheads', which Mountain films released in various versions and titles.
      Last edited by Gary Sayers; May 25, 2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• It's "Blockheads" Sorry about the confusion.

Comment

• It's a great feature, Blockheads. I had the 400ft sound version from Mountain many years ago.

Comment

• The "Rescuers Down Under" last week screening, the very first feature bought new from Derann long ago..
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1190520.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	35325

Name:	P1190522.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	35326

Name:	P1190534.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	35327

Name:	P1190548.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	35328

Name:	P1190549.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	35329

Name:	P1190581.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	35330

Name:	P1190584.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	35331

Comment

• I am glad I got a new print of the "Ride Of The 480" just before Derann closed as my original print has faded now quite badly. Last night I screened both prints, the new one was excellent.

Another watch last night was "The Cylon Attack" I haven't watched that one in years, and was surprised it was not to badly faded, its still pretty good color wise

Comment

• We just finished a cartoon and a feature:

Cartoon:
                Steamboat Willie
                Disney, 1928, Derann, 1x200'

Feature:
                Steamboat Bill Junior
                Buster Keaton, 1928, Blackhawk, 4x400'

-a combination that's so obvious I'm almost ashamed it took me this long to put them together!

(Nothing goes better with Ride of the 480 than A Train for Christmas, Graham!)

Comment

• Very true Steve

Comment

• Last night the 400ft extracts from "The Poseidon Adventure" (Maritz Labs) and the original "Star Wars" (Technicolor Labs). Both slightly faded and on stock with no visible edge markings to identify, but no real colour shift though maximum black was going brownish - which is unusual.

Comment

• Been sorting out a pile of 50ft B&W films yet to edit having shot them and sound stripe myself as and when. Back in the day Derek Simmonds at Derann was starting to edit some video also getting into animated effects shortly before his passing. Knowing I work in Media I helped him along the way and he did generate some nice animated titles which were intended to be used at the open day video show. I have the Open Day video sequence on Super 8 which we must include at a show somewhere when we are able demonstrating how clever the great man was.
                      A nice memory...

Had another Scope show enjoying the Bond 007 sequences available from REEL IMAGE.
                      SKY
                      F
                      A
                      L
                      L
                      Is magnificent and worth saving up for.

Comment

• Last night a very red part 3 of 55 days at Peking, UFA so German sound but printed at Buck Labs on Fuji stock. Heavily masked for widescreen I had to use a 10mm lens to get a decent picture size.

Comment

• Intolerance by DW Griffith full length super eight sound with the musical score on the magnetic track

Comment

• A good long half hour of Sylvester cartoons from TechnoFilms (No Derann reprints) A mixture of stock from 3M to Kodak SP via one with no edge marking. The 3M and the unidentified ones were the brown/reddish with 2 of the SP ones close behind. The other one on Kodak SP had great colour and even a slight blue tint perhaps this was a variety on the way to them developing LPP.

Comment

• „THE SMALLEST SHOW ON EARTH“, a british classic starring an amazing cast including the very funny and very touching Peter Sellers

Comment

• Last night after watching a blu-ray it was back to Super8.

One 8000ft reel

1....The Frog and the Princess.
                                2.....Donald Duck and the Gorilla.
                                3.....Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby.
                                4.....Both extracts of Pinocchio.

The films were in very good condition with very little fade.

Lastly....two screenings of the Marketing 3/400footer of "Airplane" great stuff and great music by the Bee Gees "Stayin Alive" the full number.

PS. On a first aid course I did a few years back the CPR "timing the compressions" was done to "Stayin Alive"

Comment

Working...
                                X