What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melvin England View Post
    sound, which was in French on the balance stripe and English on the main stripe! Good eh ?
    Lucky you

Three standard/regular 8 sound films (bought at Blackpool) : On The Beat (George Formby), The Night Caller (a 60m/200ft digest) and a cartoon with gerat (Walton) colours: Wild Wheeling Wheels (Motor Mouse And Auto Cat). The three films are in perfect condition (I had the lot for £8, thanks, Lee !) and were projected with my Eumig HID (again, thanks, Lee ).

Comment

• Singin' in the Rain and Jolson Story.....old songs to drive the virus away!

Comment

• The wonderful British classic „WHISKY GALORE“…! What a hilarious story, what a glorious film! A young Gordon Jackson and Jean Cadell as son and mother alone would make a great story, but the whole feature is full of funny and touching characters and thrilling (the sinking ship) moments!
        A great Night at the Movies with an even greater Derann print!

Comment

• Mickeys Christmas carole followed by Jason and the Argonauts Derann.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Two nights ago : Duel, the Universal 8 120m/400ft digest. Faded (a candidate for the next time I send a spool of films to Italy to have them rescued) but I got it for free from CHC (thanks Phil !). Today : West Side Story Scope Clip (with the song "America" ! ) and another musical : Star Performance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211130_215458.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	48398 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211130_215510.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	48399

Comment

• Tonight is TEXAS CHAINSAW night.

Comment

• Lincoln,

I hope this screening doesn't inspire any offbeat food choices for your next cooking post!

Comment

• I thought I would have a midweek screening tonight just for a change, and also gives me a chance to view a few more films I acquired at Blackpool plus a few others.

Airport '75 - 1x 400' Scope - Yes, I watched this last Saturday, but tonight it was in all its cinemascope glory !

Summer Holiday - 1x 400' Scope - The colours are still superb.

Scope 55 - 1x 100' - Once again, great colours.

Summer Nights - 1x 200' Scope - Extract from "Grease"

The Riddle of The Sands - 4x 600' Scope - An outstanding print. great colour, clear sound

Comment

• Christmas visitors show no 2

400ft
                    Babes in Toyland-Big Business-Jack and the Beanstalk
                    200ft Happy Cobblers-Reel Image Christmas Trl reel No1- Mister and Mistletoe

600ft Mickeys Christmas Carol My new AGFA print purchased at the Northern Collectors Convention a thing of beauty
                    Projected on the HID Elmo GS1200 and Eumig Stereo speakers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mickey1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	48746 Click image for larger version  Name:	Mickey2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	48747
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Just picked up THREE SAPPY PEOPLE - a Columbia STOOGES short on a 400' reel. Nice!!

Comment

• Delightful 800ft reel of classic cartoons with excellent image and good sound. Some I bought new from Derann years ago . This for me, is where Super 8 shines over any other format

1.....Bottles 1936 truly an amazing cartoon'
                        2.....Mother Goose Goes To Hollywood 1938, well with this one you really have to know your "long" ago actors
                        3.....Grasshopper and The Ants 1934, This is one I bought new from Derann the color is simply stunning.
                        4.....The Ugly Duckling 1939.....brilliant stuff.
                        5......The Old Mill 1937, a great way to finish this 800ft reel

Comment

• With all the seasonal film being watched it makes for a very nostalgic read and very much enjoying it here.

We watched: Christmas Visitor 12 Days of Christmas Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer Night before Christmas T&J. All films were colour.

Also a S8 film I made filmed at the top of Pendle Hill in a snow storm noted for the 1612 witch trials. One day I might get time to finish the 43 mile Pendle Way walk.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	LM WS 1986.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	48903

Ended with a new print of True Lies in sprawling Scope a thing of beauty and a level of quality we love to see. Whoever did the sound dubbing in the US did a fantastic job ending a perfect evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                            One day I might get time to finish the 43 mile Pendle Way walk. .
                            That might take you longer than a day Lee! There's a lovely film about Pendle on Youtube by a Burnley film makers group - do you know of it and them? It looks like it was shot on 16mm.

Comment

• Indeed we had lots of endless fun all good memories back in the 80's.
                              A old friend of mine made a S8 Scope film of the Pendle Way back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
                                Lincoln,

I hope this screening doesn't inspire any offbeat food choices for your next cooking post!
                                I did have a sudden idea to make Mince Meat Pies after watching this film. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though!! Haha!

Comment

Working...
                                X