No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my full test, tidy up and paint job on the GS1200 HID so had the old girl in full steam as follows.

Carry on Matron, Carry on on clips from Walton and my Collectors Club Turn of the Wheel again. Only took a couple of pictures but for a very old Derann print still looked reasonable.

Comment

• Plan 9 from outer Space
      Guns for San Sebastian
      400ft and the Elmo HID GS didn't miss a beat.

Standard 8 on the Eumig HID Derann films first advert reel...memorable 200ft.

OFF TOPIC Ended with the new 2021 Warner Archive BluRay fantastic evening full of entertainment

Comment

• Mary Kay! Hah! Kind of funny, seeing "societal norms" and such for women from the late 70's, which modern women would almost find to be stereotype loaded, but hey, it was a "simpler time".

Comment

• First, a French cartoon with good colours

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210627_134618.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	37017
          Then I set the Spondon LPU and the Eumig hid for a standard/regular 8 classical film : The Mark Of Zorro (1920). Great to see this film with the improved lightning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210627_134550.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	37018

Comment

• Since, everything was ready, another standard/regular 8 feature : the Charlie Chaplin masterpiece : The Gold Rush (1925). Impressive what standard/regular 8 looks like with a HID lamp.

Comment

• A Tom Mix 1914 film : In The Days Of The Thundering Herd. A western, without surprise that was orignially released as a five reeler, then re-relased in a three reels version. Strangely, Blackhawks opted for the three reels version but using the five reels version negative.

Comment

• A few laughs - Laurel and Hardy in ONE GOOD TURN and THEM THAR HILLS. Fun!!

Comment

• Well that's it for this print of the Ken films 400ft of "Alien" I notice on the faded leader it says Scope, that had me thinking that this flat versions that was released of "Alien", might have been printed of a Scope master, and all they had done was to pan and scan it or something like that. Now was this 400ft Ken films version ever released in actual Scope?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1190966.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	37484
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1190976.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	37485

Comment

• Dom My HID converted Eumig's do get about📽

Raise the Titanic Scope shown on the Eumig and Speed on the Elmo a very good night was had by all only interrupted by England winning 4-0 COME ON ENGLAND.

Comment

• Probably a bit off the S8 radar.

Before dear Derek Simmonds passed and in his very poorly latter years Derek wanted to get into video animating text to be shown at the Derann open days. Knowing Derek reasonably well since childhood and latterly working in media myself I helped him with bits and pieces where he eventually animated a video sequence for a open day. He forwarded it to me with others and it all looked very good. I lost these clips but after searching multiple hard drives I found them YAY! I pick-out out the best one, transferred it to Super 8 film frame by frame, striped it adding the sound and included it in several shows this week. Clipped on the end was THE OLD PHEASANT with a guy giving 9.5mm Specto film shows in English Inns and what better way to raise a glass to the great 8mm man.

Those of you who called for the screenings now is your chance to say what you thought of Derek's animated side. For me Creative genius!

Comment

• I watched a surprisingly sharp copy with great sound of the Universal 8 WHO'S ON FIRST routine with Abbott and Costello. And, I picked it up cheap. A good buy!

Comment

• After what seems forever I finally got to watch a few films last night, Gone Nutty, One Man Band, Tomorrow Never Dies opener and the Gladiator extracts, here's a link to one of the short videos so look at the others of the films mentioned if you want to as well, Mark

https://youtu.be/yU_FUqdzHE8

Comment

• „THE GODFATHER II“ starring Al Pacino and his acting mentor Lee Strasberg.
                            The full feature by marketing-film international - and although my print is reddish and includes some lines here and there from the former owner, it is a jewel on the big screen.
                            The subtitles are as pinsharp as the image itself - and this makes this masterpiece most enjoyable!

Comment

• Just a few trailers, I think all Iver Films, The Clansman (Fuji, good colour), Tommy (Agfa), The Hound of the Baskervilles (Pete & Dud, no name but pre-striped and pink) and Shout at the Devil (Agfa). So three out of four with good colour - not bad as I bought them at Walton's sale at bargain prices.

You may wonder why I wasn't watching the Euro football final, but last time I watched England they played badly and lost, this time I was trying to find a news bulletin and caught the penalities - we lost again.

Comment

• Close Encounters feature. Italian print and quite reasonable pinkish quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X