No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentioned on the old forum I know. When I was filming on Bugsy Malone at Pinewood Studios Slipper was filming directly opposite our studio doors.
    PInk or no.pink these are great films on 8 and wasnt it amazing to watch the.making of on tv back then and a year later buy the S8. Had the colour treatment done on mine by the great Alberto and did weaken the pink.
    A nice keepsake and memory of my own youth. Gemma was a lovely person by the way.

Comment

• A little off topic perhaps but watched Terminator Ii on Video 8 ex rental tape thrown up my 4k video projector. Very nostalgic from a video point of view ending with the final 600ft in scope S8 to keep it legit on here.

Comment

• It was cutdown night: BONNIE & CLYDE & THE GENDARME AND THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIALS.

Comment

• I screened some super 8 sound....

Island at the Top of the World.....2 X 200' Disney great color and booming sound
          Evel Knievel.....Ken 400' red
          Ed Wood trailer B&W
          One Million B.C. trailer.....exc color and pin sharp....I put it on the end of my 2 X 200' Walton digests version. Excellent 400' reel! I have 2 red trailers of this one and so happy to have a nice one now.

Also watched a few silents....

Barney Oldfields Race for a Life.....Blackhawk 200'
          Charge of the Light Brigade 50'
          The Adventures of Robin Hood.....Ken 200' I just recently (today) got the Derann 3 X 400' of this so excited to check that out. I wanted to see what the 200' B&W silent version had on it. It looked to be the beginning and end of part 2 of the 3 parter. I've seen part 1 and 2 before and the 3 parter I got has been edited in the correct order.

Comment

• Sunday afternoon and it’s raining outside: perfect time for the screening of THE classic of 1938: „The Adventures of Robin Hood“ starring Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland and the great Basil Rathbone.

Comment

• I could watch that Ed Wood trailer forever Bill. EVIL is another good 400ft and my colour is just about holding on.
              Watched Terminator which is going slightly off colour. Had it a very long time now and it owes me nothing always a good watch.

Comment

• Sunday afternoon April 18, 2021

A rainy day matinee at 2:05 PM

Tom and Jerry in Cue Ball Cat
                Tom and Jerry in Texas Tom
                Coming attraction trailer snow White and the seven dwarfs also Darby O'Gill and the little people

With the showing of complete feature Bambi

Comment

• The Walton 200ft extract and 400ft digest of "Callan" edited together both on far from low fade stock so overall very brown, but with blues and greens good then originally strong colours (Foliage and B&W TV monitors), "The Marlow Donkey" a railway film from PM Films photographed by John Burgoine Johnson also a bit brown in the shadows followed by a silent (!!!) Foghorn Leghorn "Sock a Doodle Doo" Techno on Agfa so good colour.

Comment

• Thought I better give the GS1200 a run last night, first time in a while. The film was the excellent Derann release "Winnie the Poo and a Blustery Day" 600ft with mono sound. Outstanding color print with excellent mono sound. I understand "Blustery Day" was released by Disney in 1968.

Anyway its great stuff on Super8 from Derann and a joy to watch

Comment

• Chip, how has your "Darby" held up? Is Ireland still green? I just screened a rare trailer for Gulliver's atrabels. Has some color fade, but still fun!

Comment

• Dang, it took me more than a year to find my way to the new forum, register and forget my password, get reminded of same and post this. Heh. I will do better. Meantime, I found myself up at 3 a.m. today and not wanting to disturb the household with sound I looked at Laurel and Hardy's THAT'S MY WIFE on Super 8 silent. Well, I might have laughed out loud but I tried to keep it down.

Comment

• Welcome Back, Mike!

I used to watch a silent reel early in the morning before I went to work. -so I wouldn't disturb the rest of my own household.

I still have work to "go" to, but there hasn't been much "going" this last year! (Every time I drive my car, I have to re-learn the dashboard!)

Comment

• Steve, I know exactly what you mean, having been working at home for 13 months. But I went back to work in the TV station last week (for three days a week to start with), and somehow at 5 a.m. my truck knew the way to go to get there. Cannot promise I will be watching films at 3 a.m. going forward -- was a fluke I was awake that early and could not get back to sleep. I spent way more time trying to get hairs cleaned out of the gate than the actual film lasted!

Comment

• Tonight, Reels 1 and 2 (of 4) of Derann's Fantasia 2000.

-this presentation was in true stereo because in honor of the occasion, I went through my cable bin and found that 3.5mm to 1/4" balanced cable I had been missing. After that I could run the two ST-1200HD "moni" jacks into stereo inputs on my mixer.

I made a Pre-Beethoven announcement to my wife: all survived!

Comment

• Warner Pirates night Bugs Bunny in "Captain Hareblower" one of my very few Techno prints on Agfa stock so great colour, but not so great definition and Errol Flynn in "The Sea Hawk" the Derann 2x400ft on real B&W stock (part 2 sound a little low).

Comment

Working...
                                X