No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had quite a substantial film night this last Saturday evening before Christmas, so it had to have a bit of a Christmas flavour.

Jurassic Park - 1x 100' Trailer - Just wetting my appetite for the arrival of that new 600'er landing on my door mat! Although this trailer is in mono, I discovered tonight it is recorded on both sound stripes.

The Lost World - Jurassic Park 2 - Trailer's x 2

Dante's Peak - Trailer

Batman & Robin - Trailer (these three titles spread over 2x 100' approx. spools)

The Night Before Christmas - 1x 200' Tom & Jerry

The Snowman - 1x 600' ( So that is both me AND Chip in Florida that have watched this one in the last 2 days!)

George Burns & Gracie Allen's Christmas Show - 1x 600'

Blue Hawaii - 6x 400' - Elvis !

Comment

• The hilarious marketing-film 2-parter „The Tall Blond Man With One Black Shoe“ which is very funny and well edited. All I missed was the concert. Pierre Richard is a great comedian and the whole story is a perfect visit at the movies.
      This 2x120‘ meters version has been distributed in Germany with the famous german dubbing. Is this title also available in other countries and languages? Maybe as a full feature in Italy?

Comment

• Comment

• One day I will find the trailer to Dantes Peak I so enjoy that film Melv.
          Every film in your programme is a fave of mine excellent.

Had the pleasure af a masked fellow film collector visit for a short distanced time. Watched a Pathe newsreel.
          Evening watched A train for Christmas
          Christmas seals adverts trailers I compiled over 50 years ooo.
          Christmas trailer reel #1 be sure to order from Reel Image it's going to be a film collectable.

Ended with Jurassic Park and Curse of the Werewolf both pin sharp.
          That Werewolf print has a gorgeous look about it and of course Oliver Reed in top form.

Both stood up for The Queen, a cuddle and dreamed of a white Christmas. Zzzzzz

Comment

• Oliver, the French film you quoted (Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire) exists as a full feature in (Air France) optical version. The film has two soundtrack, one in English and one in French but sadly, only the soundtrack in English can be read on our projectors. Air France had special projectors (it's said they were Beaulieu but nobody confirmed that) but it seems that all those machines have disappeard.

Comment

• Well, spent the rest of the evening down in the film room last night. Did some re-arranging and put together a trailer reel. I watched some more super 8....

Colorado...The Angry River 50' silent
              WC Fields Circus Slickers 50' silent
              Blackhawk Prevue 8 200' silent
              Heckle and Jeckle Pirates Gold 200' silent
              Exotic Nippon 200' silent color...and good color too!
              One Million Years BC long trailer sound red

then I put together a trailer reel (all sound/color)

Mr. Bug Goes To Town
              Batman (1966 feature)
              Mission Impossible (1996 feature) masked
              The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977 feature)
              Clash of the Titans (1981 feature)
              Also Selected Shorts tag

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver Feld View Post
                The hilarious marketing-film 2-parter „The Tall Blond Man With One Black Shoe“ which is very funny and well edited. All I missed was the concert. Pierre Richard is a great comedian and the whole story is a perfect visit at the movies.
                This 2x120‘ meters version has been distributed in Germany with the famous german dubbing. Is this title also available in other countries and languages? Maybe as a full feature in Italy?
                How are the colors of your copy? Someone told me they’re all red already....

Comment

• Joachim,
                  yes, reddish. But a touch of colour left.

Comment

• One of the all time best „Christmas features“:
                    DIE HARD...! The first and the best.
                    Great Derann print and a phantastic soundtrack by Michael Kamen.
                    And how I miss Alan Rickman...!
                    A film that belongs onto the big screen...!!!!

Comment

• December 20 double feature

My Man Godfrey

Saps at Sea

film short The Sea Hawk

plus cartoons and trailers

😊

Comment

• Bill! I admire that you have a trailer for "Dr Moreau"! Didn't even know it exited on super 8! I'll have to look for that in the future! On a funny side note, I actually own a perfect color "Dr Moreau" 35mm trailer!

Comment

• That trailer from Dr. Moreau is pretty short...in fact it appears to be TV spot. It may have come off of a Thunderbird trailer reel but I'm not sure.

Comment

• Die Hard II

Beautiful Scope print on 4x600ft. I re recorded mine some time ago as it had the sanitised sound track putting it back to how the director wanted it.
                            Great movie as was MK1. I favour the first film over the second but both are really great on 8mm.
                            oh projected on the Eumig hid xenpow with my old German scope lens. Ultra bright.

Comment

• How's THIS for timing!

December 21 the Star of Bethlehem is visable for the first in 800 years and it happens when I am watching BEN HUR full length scope stereo super eight.

yep. I missed the star.

Comment

• A trip down memory lane.

The old Universal 8 SCOPE Airport

Click image for larger version

Name:	Air.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	23805

Singing in the Rain 400ft Click image for larger version

Name:	sir2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	23806Click image for larger version

Name:	SIR3.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	23807Click image for larger version

Name:	LH2.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	23808 TOYLAND

Name:	LH3.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	23809

OH and Curse of the Werewolf really beautiful on S8

Name:	WW2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	23810

Comment

Working...
                                X