No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Three Musketeers, the 1916 version. Strange to read Miladi instead of Milady

Comment

• After watching Jakie Brown the day before on Blu Ray I just had to watch the 400ft cut down of Coffy, followed by the DVD which showed it was a very good cut down. The Super 8 print is going to pink/brown in the shadows but still has a decent amount of the other colours when the picture is brighter.

Comment

• Mrs E. was quite enthusiastic to join me tonight for a night in front of the silver screen. So who was I to argue?

The show went as follows....

1x 200' The Treasures of Chartwell - A Movietone News short on Winston Churchill's Home. Excellent footage of him feeding a Robin out of the palm of his hands!

1x 400' West Malling Air Display, Maidstone. - An amateur movie I picked up somewhere. Well made by someone who knew what they were doing with a camera..... and stereo music to go with it!!

1x 400' One Good Turn - Laurel and Hardy - An overheard eviction threat from a play is taken as the real thing.

1x 400' Men O'War - Laurel and Hardy - Fun in a revolving boat!

3x 400' Fraternally Yours - Laurel and Hardy - Their wives forbid them to go to the convention in Chicago.

Comment

• July 4th

Full feature

James Cagney

yankee doodle dandy

and after a short break

Mel Brooks film

Young Frankenstein on DVD

Comment

• I thought that due to the date the Derann titled "Reflections USA" (Actually Precious Images) would be a good choice followed by a few Disney shorts Pluto and the Armadillo, Peter Pan meets Captain Hook and (one I had put away and forgotten) Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (B&W silent) and a reel of trailers (Terminator I and II, True Lies and The Thief of Baghdad).

Comment

• Love Cagney films

We watched Die Hard usually projected at xmas but hey ho ho ho.
              Nice end to a day of celebration

Comment

• Friday night I hosted my film club for an outdoor screening, and we enjoyed the theme "Summer Blockbusters." I built a 50" X 70" screen with a wooden frame holding cardboard covered with sheets of white poster board. It worked well.

The program was:

"Star Wars" (Ken Films 2X400'. I had edited the scenes in the correct order from the two digests)

"Jaws" (Universal 8 2X400')

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" (Marketing 400')

and "Grease" (Marketing 3X400' mounted on two 600' reels)

We all wore masks, social distanced, and brought our own snacks. We had so much fun just being with other human beings during this awful pandemic, that we have decided to meet again next month! Our theme then will be a feature length film that the club chooses.

Comment

• Sunday evening June 5

Five reels 400 foot 90 minutes

Silent 200 footers spliced up.

Disney and some short films. A few with good color but most were faded.

This collection came from an Ebay vendor and it was basically a rip off. It had been described as 20 films super 8 sound. Only 5 were sound and are scattered elsewhere in my collection. As for the silents there were at least two duplicate copies as well. This sale was not accurately described. The feedback I left therefore justified. It was an international sale shipment, so I felt it best to keep the films rather than start a return process. The price was fair from what I remember.......

CG

Comment

• Last night the Iver cut down of the other shark film where a skinny dipping girl gets eaten, Tintorera. Sadly going a bit pink.

Comment

• Must be shark week Mako Jaws of Death 1976.

Back in the latter part of the 70's this Super 8 release was piled high in my favourite London cine shop and was very popular on 8. Doesn't come up very often with sound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05057.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	13149

Comment

• I love the silver foil embossed on the shark on this box cover. Ken Films went all out. Of course, it was released in 1977, while "Jaws" was fresh in audience's minds, just as their "Konga" was released in 1976, to coincide with the remake of "King Kong."

Comment

• Last night just the Universal 8 400ft version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show (on Agfa) and The Three Caballeros (Later Fuji) so both have good colour.

Comment

• Thursday July 9

full feature

newest arrival

Jurassic Park

let t-rex roar!

Comment

• It's so hot outside tonight in Brooksville Florida I decided to stay in and keep cool

Friday, July 10

Full feature stereo sound

Walt Disney the little mermaid

with selected short subjects before the feature

Rupert and the frog song
                              creature comforts

With coming attractions

ants
                              It's a bugs life

Most enjoyable evening with a stunning presentation

Comment

• The Fugitive (1993 film) This is one of those wonderfully collectable films as it is printed full frame unlike the shocking Blu-Ray which has the top and bottom cropped to zoom up to 16:9.
                                Agfa print with really quite amazing colour, about as sharp as it gets and a shining example how great S8 can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X