What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Oliver

I certainly will , Derann had a extensive list of new trailers for sale on Super8 for many years. I think they were mostly all imported. Also on 16mm it was for sale brand new in Scope for a long time, I am kicking myself for throwing out almost all of those regular news letters that came in the post, only a couple have survived. I will have another look in there sales catalogue as well I still have those. Oliver just a thought, but if you can get some old copies of the Derann FFTC, they are still worth a read, includes film reviews, thankfully I kept mine.

PS I was thinking that I will take a video of it next weekend and post it on you-tube next week. Its been a while since I have done one, until then although Oliver is not on this reel you might enjoy seeing some others until then with this one
    Last edited by Graham Ritchie; February 29, 2024, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Thank You for the advice! And congrats to this amazing video!📽✨

Comment

• Thanks Oliver

Here are those trailers first one being "Oliver" the second being "Battle Of Britain" both those trailers are actually "Full frame Scope" just like 35mm. The down side is the Super 8 projector aperture plate, it wont show what we are often missing with Scope films, the full frame. The full image is certainly there, it just needs someone to come up with some sort of variable top and bottom aperture plate for Super 8 projectors plus a lens that would allow it

Comment

• Beautiful…

Comment

• Taste the Blood of Dracula, Derann late print on LPP.

Comment

• Oliver

Last night out of curiosity I had a look through the few remaining Derann news letters from long ago. I found two full pages of new Super 8 trailers, one was "Oliver"-Scope 16 pound and 50 pence. The prices did vary in those two pages from 11 to 17 pound average being about 14 for a new trailer.

Another news letter had quite a list of 16mm shorts and trailers and there it was, "Oliver" Extra Long trailer, as a stunning Color Scope print 250ft at 39 pound and 99 pence. I think the extra long 16mm print is the same length as the Super 8.

Regarding the above video I posted, the actual image shown is not quite as blue as recorded by my video camera when I took it. I didn't get the setting quite right, but it does show you the content and gives a general idea what the trailer is about.

Comment

• Brian,

Would that be the Derann 400' cutdown of Taste the Blood or did they release the feature?

Comment

• It was the Derann (sometimes labeled as an import) 400ft release. Sadly there was no full feature of this.

Comment

• I came back two days ago from Egypt where I spent one month. My first film is The Muppets Musical Moments, arrived while I was abroad (the janitor, if that's the coprrect word in English, called me to say the postman had something for me ; I could convince the postman to let it to the janitor). I projected the film with a HID projector bought from Lee Manering, so I thank him twice for that projection :-)

Comment

• Dominique, Welcome back!

Brian, Thanks. I have that one. It's a pretty good edit.

I watched the UFA 2x400' cutdown of Horror Express. A well done digest with Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing & Telly Savalas. Another one to add to the re-record list.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Horror Express Cover - 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	264.6 KB ID:	97282

Click image for larger version  Name:	Horror Express Cover - 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	328.4 KB ID:	97283

Click image for larger version  Name:	Horror Express G1.png Views:	0 Size:	828.5 KB ID:	97285

Click image for larger version  Name:	Horror Express G2.png Views:	0 Size:	849.8 KB ID:	97286

Click image for larger version  Name:	Horror Express G3.png Views:	0 Size:	839.9 KB ID:	97284

Comment

• Doug, is that the one that was recently on ebay? I was curious, as the seller said that it was on low fade film stock

Comment

• Osi,

No, I've had this for awhile. I also have a 400' digest (I don't know who released it) and a few odd reels of the feature.

Comment

• The following are on one very full Elmo 800ft reel. I did take some screen shots as below taken last night

1...."Bottles" 1936 stunning color print from.....Derann.
                            2...."Mother Goose Goes Hollywood" 1938....Derann.
                            3...."The Grasshopper and the Ants" 1934...Derann.
                            4....."The Ugly Duckling" 1939....Derann.
                            5....."The Old Mill" 1937...WDHM.

Bottles.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360356.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	97592
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360362.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	97593
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360372.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	97594
                            Mother Goose Goes Hollywood.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360379.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	97595
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360388.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	97596
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360415.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	97597
                            Grasshopper and the Ants
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360443.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	97598
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360444.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	97599
                            The Ugly Duckling.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360445.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.3 KB ID:	97600
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1360459.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	97601

Comment

• A few 200' digests that I had added sound to. Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster, The Revenge of Frankenstein & this classic:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Colossal Beast 3.png Views:	0 Size:	865.0 KB ID:	97876

Comment

• Two small films bought at Ternat, one week ago. A 30m/100ft "Music Show" reel. Colours are fading but it's still very watchable, and the Film Office release Chantons, dansons (Let's Sing, Let's Dance), an extract with Laurel and Hardy...dancing and singing (in English).

Comment

Working...
                                X