What Blu-Ray did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4K Ultra HD RED HEAT 1988 Mr Schwarzenegger and James Belushi
    Beautiful restoration work on this and the 5.1 DTS sound is excellent. Been a long time Arnie collector on film and disc so projected the 16mm trailer and a few adverts then the 4K. The 4K was very detailed and colour vibrant.

Comment

• A couple of nights ago I showed my better half a 20 minute 35mm Scope reel. One trailer which was in "Scope" although the feature is itself "flat" was "The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas" which I remember screening at the cinema around 2008 caught Yvonne eye and asked to see it.

Tonight we watched the blu-ray.

Comment

• I watched the 3D Blu-ray edition of The Mad Magician. Excellent quality, incredibly sharp with wonderful stereoscopic effects.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mad Magician BluRay cover142.jpg Views:	0 Size:	274.1 KB ID:	12154

The disc includes the two Super 8 Columbia versions in anaglyphic 3D. Unfortunately, the best source material was not used here as these cutdowns are scratched and faded.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MadMagician8mmSS.png Views:	0 Size:	196.8 KB ID:	12155

Both of the Three Stooges 3D shorts, Spooks & Pardon My Backfire, are included and they look excellent.

Doug

Comment

• Tis amazing Doug we have the original Twilight Time release. Nice.

We watched the 4K UHD 1917. Went to see it at the flicks twice and was amazed again last night at the inventive filming techniques also revealed in 'the making of' on the disc. It was all filmed with Arri Mini blocks and beautifully done at that.

Comment

• Aliens...The directors cut blu-ray. Introduced by James Cameron as the version he really wanted people to watch, rather than the earlier one that did the cinema run years ago. If you are looking at a more complete story, and after all that's what is important in any movie, I would certainly recommend the "directors cut", which fills in the gaps nicely.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130395.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	12242

Name:	P1130396.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	12243

Name:	P1130397.JPG
Views:	473
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	12244

Comment

• STAR WARS A New Hope 4K UHD Blu-Ray

Fathers day present Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04923.JPG
Views:	502
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	12382

Beautiful quality and a job well done.

Comment

• Last night "Dante's Peak" directed by New Zealand director Roger Donaldson, who later went on to do "The Worlds Fastest Indian" that particular film did very well at the cinema at the time. I do remember getting a call one morning from the downstairs staff, telling me the main actress who was in it, was watching it, so thought I better just double check and make sure the focus was spot on.

Anyway back to "Dante's Peak" 1997, its a good movie with plenty of outstanding special effects. If you have not already watched it, then give it a go.

Projected using the Panasonic VP, both picture and DTS 5:1 sound was very good.

Name:	P1130457.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	12433

Comment

• Sunday night June 28

ANNIE. (1982)

and luckily it was in "anniemorphic". 🤪😳👹

Comment

• Chip,

Ouch.

Comment

• The Beatles "A Hard Day's Night" 1964, New 4K restoration approved by director Richard Lester. Newly created 5:1 surround, mono and stereo mixes supervised by producer Giles Martin at Abbey Road.

Well what can I say regarding these two discs. One being a blu-ray, the other a DVD. The picture quality as with the sound is "superb" and this release is really a "must" have. The following screen shots are a bit on the blue side, this is due to the digital camera I used. The B/W is really something its spot on.

Name:	P1130463.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	12672

Name:	P1130460.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	12673

Name:	P1130461.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	12674

Name:	P1130462.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	12675

Comment

• Carry on Cowboy Blu-Ray Excellent quality

New arrival Hell Drivers BR Ditto

Name:	DSC05012.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	12682Two really excellent transfers

Comment

• I bet the Blu Ray of Hell Drivers shows up the fact that the lorries were shot under-cranked then sped up on projection even more than usual.
                          I thought it quite fun that in this Pat McGoohan played Number 1 (the top driver) and in The Prisoner he always wanted to know who Number 1 was. I wonder if that was his joke on us.

Comment

• Very true Brian. Some stella performances I have to say and I'd only ever seen the film on my Mountain 200ft film.

Comment

• "Johnny English Strikes Again" the other night blu-ray using the Panasonic VP.

PS.

I really enjoyed the virtual reality scene.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05013.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	12744The new Blu-Ray of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK. 83 minutes. (MOD) Around £20

A welcome addition to replace my now very faded S8 film. The Super Cine Color is vibrant and they retained the sepia opening sequences which is nice.
                                83 minutes of memories having projected this for groups of children at home back in el day.

The trailer collection included is long but quality poor. The very long blooper reel is a fascinating watch taken from many of the Abbott and Costello films.
                                Photo gallery and also a good cartoon A Tale of two Kitties.

Comment

Working...
                                X