• Show
Clear All

• December 12

EL CID

Full length
    1200 ft x 4

scope mono

Comment

• In standard/regular 8 : Faust, the 1926 version. Mounted on a large spool, screened with a Siemens projector.

Comment

• The new released Christmas trailer : what a miracle to still have new super 8 prints in 2020. I recently watched the two new digests Jurassic Park and The Werewolf, so three new films in a short time. Waw. After that, I screened a standard/regular 8 silent film : Seven Keys To Baldpate, a twists film. I was more than surprised to see after the words "The End", a picture of King George V saluting, with the Union Jack behind him and then the message : "Good night all. Lights up, please".

Comment

• December 18

The Snowman

on the front of

The Secret of Nimh

Absolutely gorgeous color on both film prints everything super eight sound
          Attached Files

Comment

• I screened the colorful 3-parter „Samson and Delilah“ from marketing-film and although You should know the complete feature (to understand the full storyline and the sudden change in Delilah‘s behavior) it’s a Super-8-beauty on the big screen.
            Some cuts are hard to follow, some scenes long enough to enjoy the atmosphere to the full. But after all a great cutdown and the boxes alone are a happening.

Comment

• A couple of my late uncle's home movies and some I took that included him and his second wife in parts. Standard 8 silent mostly except for a reel of my local cine club when they showed the Movie Maker Ten Best that had wild sync sound. SOme of mine were home processed Ferrania CR25 or a B&W stock.

Comment

• Last night I finally got to have my first official Film-Show in my new flat - I only moved-in just over 14 months ago!

So I decided to run (almost) the very same films that were my first ever purchases for my first ever Film-Show on Christmas Day morning 1979 and that were projected onto my bedroom wall! They being:

Chaplin's Easy Street - Walton 200' Sound Version
                ( In 1979 it was the 400' Silent Version)

L+H Below Zero - 400'
                (In 1979 it was L+H 200' extract from Flying Deuces)

Marx Bros' A Night In Casablanca - 400' Version

Pictures to follow.....

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I watched my latest optical sound acquisition, " Grey Eagle", a 1977 western starring Ben Johnson (very good) and "Iron Eyes Cody". Print is faded, but one of the neat things about the print is that it is in the letterboxed format!

Comment

• Looks like a nice show Ali!

I have actually ran film every day this past week since Monday of course only in the evenings during the week as I work but today been watching quite a bit. Here is a list of some things from this past week and what I’ve watched today so far...all films super 8

Batman 1966 trailer color sound
                          Batman Serial chapter 1 400’ sound
                          Daffy Duck Supressed Duck 200’ color sound
                          Coffy 400’ color sound
                          The Sound of Music 400’ red/sound/first edit
                          The Coming of the Streamliners 400’ sound
                          One Million Years BC Ken 400’ and the trailer and both Walton 200’ers

and today

Lonedale Operator 200’ silent
                          L&H Double Whoopee 400’ silent
                          Prophecy 3 x 400’ color sound masked
                          Fox Movietone Filming The Fashions 1933 200’ sound
                          The Love Thief 1914 200’ sound (narration)

I had the Ken 400' One Million BC connected up with the second Walton 200’ as it all flowed together as a good story but the print quality was night and day with the Walton color being superb and the Ken being pretty well faded. I recently picked up the first Walton 200’ so I put the two Waltons together on a 400' reel and just put the red trailer with the Ken 400’ on a separate reel.

Comment

• Curious where you found LOVE THIEF with score...cab't be Blackhawk

Comment

• It was among a collection of films that I bought about a year ago. All of the films were spooled up on 400' reels with catalog ads taped inside the cans. I am putting each film on its own reel and making boxes for them. All of the prints so far have been in fine shape and they all have their original leaders also. I will take a look at it and see if I can tell what company its from.

Comment

• The Love Thief.....it is Blackhawk.

Comment

Working...
                                X