No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carve Her Name With Pride full feature, not seen this one for quite some time so nice to run it again,Mark

Comment

• Popular here as well Mark

Comment

• Bad Luck Blackie (MGM Tex Avery cartoon) from Derann Agfa but last couple of seconds out of rack and off centre. And Celebration 150 a David SHepard narrated film about the 150th anniversary of the railways. I remember the 1975 Blackpool illuminations featured this too, see picture. A PM Films release also on Agfa stock so no fade. It was a shock to think whilst watching this how close the 200th anniversary of the railways in 2025 is.

Comment

• A Town Like Alice feature, another one I've not seen in a while, must be black and white week!! Mark

Comment

• Ghost of StMichaels. Old but still good.

Once upon a Branch line. Pretty wonderful Dave West film which opens with the filming of Oh Mr Porter and looking at um Branch lines of old.
            18fps and seem to remember they filmed it of 16mm.

Comment

• Now watching the Ghost Train feature with Arthur Askey , definitely his best film, Mark

Comment

• Mark ...... Your last 3 posts here....

Lee ..... Your previous post here.

This thread (and the 16mm equivalent) is possibly my favourite on the forum. I am always intrigued as to what my colleagues around the world are watching on their silver screens. However, I was particularly pleased to read these posts as I have got (with the exception of Once Upon a Branch Line) ALL the films you both mention, in my own collection. It was almost like a "home from home" knowing exactly what you had been watching and knowing how good they all are. Thanks to you both !

Comment

• Thanks Melvin, I agree it's a good thread and you never know what will pop up.

As for The Ghost Train, I can guarantee the wife will sit down for this one and she did, we both have memories as small children watching it, i have a few more prints to go through which haven't seen a projector in a while so should be some more posts to add, it's a shame I cant post pictures on here as it adds a lot to the thread too, Mark

Comment

• Mark,

Please send me a PM about the issues you're having with uploading pictures.

Comment

• The Other Night:

Buccaneer Bunny: Piccolo films
                      The Big Blow: Derann
                      The Music Box: Blackhawk (Reels I and II, spliced onto 1x600')
                      Pastoral Symphony: Derann (Reels I and II, spliced onto 1x600')

It was a great show and I really enjoyed it, but in the middle of it I realized something: I've had every one of these prints a minimum of 15 years and I bought them all used. (The Blackhawk alone should be pushing 50 years old.) It says a lot for the durability of 8mm film they all still look really good!

Back when I bought these it was pretty close to the beginning of the time I'd gotten into sound, and they got a lot of screen time back then. Lately they probably still all get projected once or twice a year, it's just now they have a lot more company on my shelves and they don't need to be on screen so much.

-they have become kind of like old friends of mine!
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2887_Fantasia_Cropped.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	26128

Thought for the Day: 2021 will bring the 90th year of "The Music Box". (Last night, My son who was born when it was a young 72 enjoyed it just as much as when he first saw it at pre-school age!)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	5AEF1342-4A65-448B-A497-44358F1C9C5D.jpeg
Views:	232
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	26249 Click image for larger version

Name:	DAF9B1EC-7454-4905-B496-3D3F65BC1F16.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	26250 Click image for larger version

Name:	5DB060DE-8B14-4B6A-9CBB-5E4DAE148F3C.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	26251 This is actually tonight, Gullivers Travels, lovely movie...

Comment

• Gustavo Fernandez Johnson Very nice outdoor screen and setup. Looks like your doggie agrees too 😀

Last night I binge-watched my digests.

Columbia Classics:
                          It Happened One Night
                          Cain Mutiny
                          You'll Never Get Rich
                          Holiday

Ken Films:
                          African Queen
                          Star Wars F48

Comment

• Monday night January 18th

SHORTS:

Just Like You
                            Hey Cab
                            Clean Pastures
                            Brave Tin Soldier
                            Coal Black & 'De Sebben Dwarfs

FEATURE:

Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs

Comment

• I did watch the 3/400ft Airplane last night, the print still looks pretty good. Its a film I enjoy putting on every so often and never get bored with it.

My favorite part of "Airplane" is Stayin Alive by the Bee Gees.

OH! by the way, if you have to do CPR on someone, to get the timing of the chest compressions right, do them to "Stayin Alive" ,that's what were were told and acted out on the dummies on a first aid course

Comment

• After seeing a post on Facebook I started with Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs (Derann, Agfa) then The Case of the Cold Storage Yegg (Inspector Willerby, faded ), Popeye - Toreador (Film Office, Agfa) and finishing with 2 Little Roquefort and Percy cartoons - Musical Madness and Mouse Menace both slightly faded.

Comment

Working...
                                X