No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oliver Feld I don't think I've ever seen that Hitchcock movie. Looks like a nice print you have there.

Comment

• My "domestic" problem is solved so I will be able to project again on a regular basis. I've just screened "The Living Dead", an épisode of The Avengers, my favorite British serie. The title in French is "Chapeau melon et bottes de cuir", which means "Bowl Hat And Leather Boots". The title remains the same in French when it became in English "The New Avengers". Back to my super 8 copy, it's sadly faded but with some whites still there. Sound is great.

Comment

• Bundle of joy, super 8 . Complete feature and great colour. Improved with a blue filter.
        one one reel Beaulieu 708 el

Comment

• Selection of scope material, mostly trailers.

Hello Dolly TRL
          Planet of the Apes TRL 1968
          Guns for San Sebastian/ Ben Hur/ Fearless Vampire Killers ( scope trl reel #2)
          Those magnificent men in their flying machines TRL
          Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom (Disney short)
          The King and I TRL
          Tom and Jerry (Downbeat bear)

Comment

• Sunday night May 17

Leslie Nielsen Walter Pigeon

The Forbidden Planet
            Full feature

Five trailers
            Romancing the Stone
            Jewel of the Nile
            The Abyss
            CoCoon
            The Little Mermaid

Comment

• Two silent films. First, in super 8, Mitt The Prince, a 1927 comedy with Snub Pollar. The Blackhawk comments say Snub and Marvin Loback (whose character was named "Fat" at that time from what I found on the Net) remind Laurel and Hardy in this film and that's true. There is a lost film dated 1926 that had as a title "Meet The Prince" so the Snub Pollar film title may refer to it. Then, in standard/regular 8, Barney Oldfields Race Life. Following Wikipedia, this 1913 film is "considered one of the earliest to include the plot of a villain tying a young damsel to the tracks of an oncoming locomotive'.

Comment

• Silent, again in standard/regular 8. First the classical Méliès film, La conquête du Pôle. Then, an intersting 1919 American patriotic film, The Dangerous Hours. I spliced all the parts of the film on large spool and used my Spondon Long Play Unit to watch the film without a break.

Comment

• I left things a little late last night so only managed part one of The Elephant Man, it was a bargain B&W reel (£11.99 for 600ft) described as having a slight tint but it seemed OK last night. Part 3 tonight which I remember being yellow tinted. It seems the labs had trouble with printing B&W on colour stock if the printing master wasn't a masked colour negative and very few prints were made of this due to high wastage of tinted prints.

Comment

• Wednesday night May 20

full feature

TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT

BOGART & BACALL

Comment

• I screened this feature the just other week, its most likely, its been a good twenty years since I last screened it. The film was David Lean classic 1946 "Great Expectations". The print is a DCR Super8 release, with both picture and sound being very good indeed. The film was mounted on 2/1200ft reels.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120780.JPG
Views:	632
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	10178

Name:	P1120688.JPG
Views:	437
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	10179

Name:	P1120690.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	10180

Name:	P1120708.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	10181

Name:	P1120752.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	10182

Comment

• Part 3 of The Elephant Man, thankfully the errant t int on this looked sepia, then Part one of El Cid that I had forgotten I had (another with a printer fault, I think the prism in the Peterson was sticking) but at £7 for 600ft I couldn't resist.
                        Then the Part 2 of Dracula Prince of Darkness (flat) that I had misplaced when sorting, it was literally down the back of the sofa bed!!! Pity it has faded badly, a Buck print on unidentified stock.

Comment

• ON THE BEAT 100ft S8 B&W Sound. A one song music short originally released in the 60's by them on Standard 8mm and later on Super 8
                          The song was in the feature film Spare a Copper and picked for one of the 16mm SPOTLIGHT ON A STAR films.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04839.JPG Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	10193

Nice pictures Graham

Comment

• Two super 8 digest : Airport 75 and The Omen. Both fades films (especially the second one) have a French soundtrack, which is a big plus. Il would not show The Omen to children. Although the original film is 111 minutes long, the 120 m/400 ft version is not bad at all. After that, two "episodes" of "Le monde en flamme" (The World On Fire, I think in English), an intersting collection of films from the WWII but as many Italian releases, the picture quality is far to be top (the soundtrack, in French on my copy, is however very good).

Comment

• Hi, oh Mr porter. Full feature on STD 8.
                              An excellent copy ,if projected image no bigger than 4 feet and watching from about 20 feet almost looks like a 16 mm print

Comment

• A couple of nights ago four 200 footers.

1....Walton "King George V" very good color and sound

2...Walton "150th Anniversary Of Steam" very good color and sound

3....Derann release of "A Train For Christmas" print a little bit on the blue side, but its still very good. If only they had released it in 400ft as "Ride of the 480" that would have been perfect

4....Lastly also from Derann....The flat version "The Beatles Come To Town" 1963, excellent print and sound, this film is a real gem .

Click image for larger version  Name:	2007_0323Image0032.JPG Views:	0 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	10246
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	2007_0323Image0033.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	10247

Comment

Working...
                                X