No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving my 'scope viewing onto Cineavision prints A couple of Tom & Jerry cartoons. "Touche Pussy Cat" and "Busy Buddies" both faded and pale on Eastman, but no obvious colour shift to pink!!
    The baby in "Busy Buddies" gives Tom & Jerry more trouble than Baby Herman does Roger Rabbit, I wonder if it was the inspiration for him.
    Last edited by Brian Fretwell; May 22, 2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Spotlight on a star No5

Click image for larger version

Name:	spotlight.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	10261

Raiders of the lost ark + Trailer

Name:	indy4.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	10262

Name:	indy3.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	10263

Name:	indy1.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	10264

Carry on Matron

Name:	connm4.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	10265

Name:	connm1.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	10266Click image for larger version

Name:	conm2.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	10267

Comment

• A coulour amateur standard/regular 8 shot at the 1958 World's Fair in Brussels. It has been a major event for the city and it has been remembered during several decades. The subject is more than interesting but the cameraman couldn't help move his camera all the time, which is a basic mistake. However, the lenght of the film (120 m/ 400 ft) makes it a precious document as you can see many aspects of this famous fair.

Comment

• I watched a number of 50 footers. 15 films in less than an hour!

Ken:
          The Beast with Five Fingers
          Return of Dracula
          Dinosaurus
          Varan the Unbelievable
          Scared Stiff
          The Monster That Challenged the World

Disney:
          Country Bear Jamboree
          The Haunted Mansion
          Pirates of the Caribbean
          Monstro the Whale
          The Tortoise and the Hare
          Tea for Two Hundred
          Three Little Pigs
          Good Scouts
          Monster From Under the Sea

Click image for larger version  Name:	Disney 50's 52220.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.1 KB ID:	10288Click image for larger version  Name:	Ken- 50's 52220122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.5 KB ID:	10289Click image for larger version  Name:	Ken- 50's two 52220123.jpg Views:	0 Size:	262.6 KB ID:	10290

Comment

• Douglas Meltzer How much fun that sounds! I love binge-watching.

Comment

• There’s a limit when I binge-watch: when the pile of films gets in the beam I have to stop!

Comment

• Janice,

That's great, I never thought of applying that term to this! It can be hit or miss with these short versions. Dinosaurus uses full screen dialogue titles which aren't necessary and they take up way too much valuable footage.

Comment

• Sunday night May 24, 2020

three Stooges collection on super eight sound

10 of some of the funniest shorts that I have purchased over the years on three 1200 foot reels and one 800 foot reel

to start the show I ran off Disney's match of the century cartoon plus four trailers

altered states
                  Arthur
                  airplane
                  Young doctors in love

Absolutely another great night of super eight films total running time five minutes shy of three hours

Comment

• Some more Animex Cineavision at the weekend. Blue Cat Blues, Born Free, Swashbuckler and Ben Hur. All now sadly very pale or pinkish.

Comment

• My Saturday night soiree went something like this....

1x 200' Music By The Mile - Documentary

1x 400' Mod Odyssey featuring The Beatles and Yellow Submarine - Documentary

4x 400' The Way To The Stars - John Mills

Comment

• George Formbys birthday today so afternoon show as he would have been 106.

Starting with a 1935 newsreel
                        Trailers: George in Civvy St S8, I See Ice 16mm.
                        Georges own colour 16mm home movies.

Name:	kodak.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	10447

Features
                        Off the Dole (Derann)
                        Georges home movies filmed during the filming of No Limit. 16mm sorry.
                        No Limit (Derann)
                        Spare a Copper (Derann)

Ending with my S8 home movie filmed in the 70's of George, Jimmy Clitheroe and Frank Randle's resting places.

Comment

• This weekend we had an outdoor cinema in the back garden.

1 x 200 Tom & Jerry - Two Mousketeers (Walton)
                          1 x 200 Advert reel - Long Life, Condor, The Dry Look, Saturday Show, Tavern, Embassy Slim Panatellas (Derann)
                          4 X 400 John Alderton with Deryck Guyler - Please Sir! (Walton)

Good fun all round

Comment

• SCI-FI TUESDAYS continues

May 26

2010 The Year We Make Contact

Scope Mono Feature Only

2001 had been screened April 21st

👍😀

Comment

• Smashing shows Rik and Chip

A few off screens from yesterday and it sure was a marathon
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	almelmo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	10487
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	almdole.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	10488Click image for larger version  Name:	almnolimitt.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	10489Click image for larger version  Name:	almbeat.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	10490Click image for larger version  Name:	almair.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.7 KB ID:	10491Click image for larger version  Name:	almair2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	10492

Click image for larger version  Name:	almcivvvy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	10493Click image for larger version  Name:	almdrac.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.8 KB ID:	10496Click image for larger version  Name:	almsw.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	10497

Ended the show with a Carry on and two films which had the Movie Magnetic colour treatment. 400ft Star Wars and Making Dracula A.D.1972

Name:	almmatronn.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	10498

Comment

• A few days ago, when the forum was down, a standard/regular 8 1923 silent film : Cricket On The Hearth. It's amzing all the titles you can find on this gauge. I didn't know the word "hearth", so not only did I enjoy a film but I also learned something.

Comment

Working...
                                X